Hmmmmm the Case For Darnold from a Wilson Lover!

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

This is wrong. Wilson and Fields are better prospects than Darnold. Not even close. 
502C589D-BF29-42D0-9FAE-307886EE7515.jpeg.7989e8ff310a59a1ade70994472911c4.jpeg

PFF Grade: 83.6 

Adjusted completion percentage: 70.6%

Big time Throw percentage: 6.9%

EC92FBD5-DE2E-40DD-8367-E6A8551B5F72.jpeg.55345e85a04a042a88dbea9cf3c81916.jpeg

PFF Grade: 95.4

Adjusted completion Percentage: 80.3%

Big Time Throw Percentage: 8.6%

1EDEB716-9E7E-4C2F-BF03-08900DD60F9E.jpeg.663231d5bd50d2e87c75be228797f4fd.jpeg

PFF grade: 93.5

Adjusted completion Percentage: 80.8%

Big time Throw Percentage: 7.8%

Oh yeah, that changes everything. PFF and their risk matrix has the QB market cornered. Every team should follow their statistics and draft accordingly.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

Oh yeah, that changes everything. PFF and their risk matrix has the QB market cornered. Every team should follow their statistics and draft accordingly.

I actually gave you information from 2 different sources that both use data to help rank QBs. Data is gathered from performance. So PFF and Football Outsiders QBase indicate that Darnold, when drafted, wasn’t the prospect that Fields and Wilson are. Then if you add it Darnold sucking for the majority of 3 season in the NFL, proving the matrix correct, you have conclusions. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Oh, yeah, I forgot. All of Darnold's failings are because of Gase. We should all have an Adam Gase in our lives so we don't get blamed for anything.

You seem to dismiss the importance of a QB coach. I can't copy and paste from my phone. Lot's of.stuff online about how important a QB coach was in the development of QB's we all know. The fact the Jet's decided to start a 20 yr old QB without a QB. Coach to keep his head screwed on straight is insanely stupid.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetworks said:

This video has spoken more intelligently about football as a whole, and Darnold in particular, than pretty much any poster I have seen on here, self included. While the decision to keep Darnold can and will be up for debate, the argument for keeping him, from a football perspective, really shouldn't be. If you can't step away from this breakdown at least admitting that much, you're just an agenda-driven poster at this point. 

Did it show the 3 times he ran out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage instead of throwing the ball away? Or that he misses 25% of the games each year? He can't read coverages post snap and its been 3 years. I don't need a breakdown from some guy to know he's played mostly bad over his career. Anybody who watches every game and has eyeballs can see that. If you can't then you're just an agenda driven poster at this point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

People are so afraid that JD will keep Darnold that they're already coming up with insanity to try to justify it. 

If JD keeps Darnold then he should be fired immediately and not given a Mac-esque tenure to continue down an insane path. 

..but he's not keeping Darnold so stop twisting yourselves into knots trying to justify how keeping Darnold is "really a good thing". 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, choon328 said:

Did it show the 3 times he ran out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage instead of throwing the ball away? Or that he misses 25% of the games each year? He can't read coverages post snap and its been 3 years. I don't need a breakdown from some guy to know he's played mostly bad over his career. Anybody who watches every game and has eyeballs can see that. If you can't then you're just an agenda driven poster at this point. 

You cherrypicked some things he did badly (some of which is factually refuted in the breakdown), talk about viewing on a TV as opposed to watching game film, dismiss a professional-level breakdown, and end this rant with a childish parroting of my post. Thanks for making my point. 

star wars hate GIF

• Upvote 3

You cherrypicked some things he did badly (some of which is factually refuted in the breakdown), talk about viewing on a TV as opposed to watching game film, dismiss a professional-level breakdown, and end this rant with a childish parroting of my post. Thanks for making my point. 

star wars hate GIF

Your post is just another homer "I love Sam Darnold" post. There's a reason when you go on an opposing teams message board the week of their game against the Jets it consists of everyone of their posters talking about how Darnold will turn the ball over 2x. The only fans who don't realize it are the 20% of Jets fans who hold him on some high pedestal that he's not worthy of. 

star wars hate GIF

Also, he contradicts himself at the end. He said if you're a team that has question marks about your QB AND you couldn't get up to get one of the top 3 guys he'd be interested in acquiring Darnold. But then says the Jets should trade out and keep Darnold. So if he would bypass going after Darnold if he could trade up to get one of the top 3 guys then why would he have the Jets bypass one of the top 3 guys to keep Darnold? It makes zero sense. He actually made the case to get rid of Darnold and draft one of the top 3 guys. 

In the video he's also taking about re-teaching Darnold to read coverages and other types of things. That's fine if you have the 20th pick but not if you have the 2nd and have a prospect staring you in the face with a higher draft rating than what Darnold had. You start with a cheaper, newer mold of clay instead of trying to re-work the old clay that wasn't very good to begin with. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone knows .. especially fidello the support I have for Wilson.

Even so ... I would not be devastated sticking with Darnold for one more year.

On last confirmation.

Trade down.. take Sewell and Pitts ... if Darnold fails.... there is zero regret.But if he fulfills his potential .. would be awesome to see.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

On last confirmation.

Trade down.. take Sewell and Pitts ... if Darnold fails.... there is zero regret.But if he fulfills his potential .. would be awesome to see.

Idk how old you are but the regret would be ANOTHER wasted season. I'm getting too old to "try" things out and if they don't work it's "oh well". How many more wasted seasons do we have to wait till this organization pulls their head out of their asses?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, choon328 said:

Also, he contradicts himself at the end. He said if you're a team that has question marks about your QB AND you couldn't get up to get one of the top 3 guys he'd be interested in acquiring Darnold. But then says the Jets should trade out and keep Darnold. So if he would bypass going after Darnold if he could trade up to get one of the top 3 guys then why would he have the Jets bypass one of the top 3 guys to keep Darnold? It makes zero sense. He actually made the case to get rid of Darnold and draft one of the top 3 guys. 

In the video he's also taking about re-teaching Darnold to read coverages and other types of things. That's fine if you have the 20th pick but not if you have the 2nd and have a prospect staring you in the face with a higher draft rating than what Darnold had. You start with a cheaper, newer mold of clay instead of trying to re-work the old clay that wasn't very good to begin with. 

Look, I hope you're right here, I really do. I hope if the Jets do draft Wilson it leads to me actually seeing a SB (I'm 52 and missed being born for the last one by a week). That said, I feel that Darnold warrants another look with a better team and coaching staff. Would I be saying that if we had actually gotten the #1 pick? No, but that's not the case, and this team has more holes that need to be overcome past the skillset of a BYU late bloomer. JMO

• Upvote 3

Regarding the video, one could put together isolated clips of pretty much any starting QB in the league and make it look like the QB has elite traits. These are called "highlight videos". Darnold makes 1 or 2 elite plays a game, but the play to play consistency just hasn't been there for many reasons (some of which have nothing to do with Darnold). At what point do these plays stop being "signs of potential" and become "aberrations by a mediocre player"?

22 hours ago, Dunnie said:

On last confirmation.

I hear ya, but...

The problem is looking at next year.  You're almost certain to win more than 2 two games and be drafting around 8 or 9...

Leaving you out of the top spot for a QB and you'll either have to trade away everything you acquired last year - or take a substantially lesser prospect.

You're currently looking at a player that is a better prospect than Sam was coming out.  I like Sam too, I'm not a Sam hater I just don't see the logic.

This team is starting over, not ready to win now.  As someone just stated above - If you're starting over and hoping for the best with a QB might as well start with the more highly rated, younger and better contracted player.

Truly, when you look at the situation and try and take emotion out of it, the logical choice is to take the QB you like the most at 2 and move Sam for whatever you can get.  Bringing Sam back to compete with the young QB is just asking for trouble.  The negative potential far outweighs the positive potential.

It's why I've been so locked-in on what JD is going to do - it really is the only logical choice.  

Idk how old you are but the regret would be ANOTHER wasted season. I'm getting too old to "try" things out and if they don't work it's "oh well". How many more wasted seasons do we have to wait till this organization pulls their head out of their asses?
52 ... personally I'd draft Zach and sit him behind Darnold. Resetting that position will cost time with a rook. The only downside to rolling with Darnold is trade value.