Interesting Jets/Niners Trade on Movin the Chains

23 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

At this point I'd be surprised if Zach wilson does not bust 

It's almost independent of Wilson's scouting report. 

It's just a garbage thing to ask a 21 year old to save a terrible nearly winless franchise.

For every Joe willy there's a dozen Jared Goffs

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

At this point I'd be surprised if Zach wilson does not bust 

It's almost independent of Wilson's scouting report. 

It's just a garbage thing to ask a 21 year old to save a terrible nearly winless franchise.

For every Joe willy there's a dozen Jared Goffs

I'm genuinely not against sitting Wilson for a year and letting Darnold go out and die for the cause.

It will never happen, especially if fans are back in the stadiums but I always think a year to learn does a lot for a player. Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady - The three most accomplished players in football all sat year one. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I'm genuinely not against sitting Wilson for a year and letting Darnold go out and die for the cause.

It will never happen, especially if fans are back in the stadiums but I always think a year to learn does a lot for a player. Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady - The three most accomplished players in football all sat year one. 

We agree its not going to happen. It's too much talent for a 2 win franchise to leave on the bench 

Side note If Sam Darnold got to sit a year in Kansas city and learn how to play football from Reid, throwing to kelce, hill and every speed demon in America, he might not be the world's youngest bust 

It's always been true of the draft. Many of us here are old enough to remember Ed Reed passed over for BT. But if Ed Reed showed up to Herman Edwards Era Jets instead of Ray Lewis ravens, would he be the same Ed Reed? 

The Jets need to build a program and that takes months. Maybe longer than usual with remote offseason programs. 

Unless something changes the rookie qb at 2 will be force fed to bb and the bills and 3-5 years from now, God willing, we will all be on Max's board having the which QB is best conversation again. 

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think we’ll see a deal between the Jets and Niners that looks something along those lines, but leave Garoppollo out of it. Let the Niners move Garoppollo for a third and just give us that third instead. 

That’s a good way to get me to hit the power button on my television before they make a pick.

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

you do realize up to now Sam Darnold is a bust?

Darnold was a bust . The rest of the offense was a bust, other than Becton and Crowder. The defense was a bust. Special teams we're a bust. Gase was a bust. It was a team effort

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not even that. Anything short of Bosa would be JD being bent over backwards by Lynch.  SF wants Zach?  Fine.  They can pay for him.

Lol people really want us to move down 1 spot for a 3rd rounder and 4th . Why can’t people accept that they might just love Wilson 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not even that. Anything short of Bosa would be JD being bent over backwards by Lynch.  SF wants Zach?  Fine.  They can pay for him.

Ideally, it’ll come down to the Panthers not being able to get Watson and deciding they want Wilson, and then there’s action on the pick. If Wilson, as Steve Young seems to intimate, wants the Niners, it puts Douglas in a little bind. Which I’m hoping for. Because I like chaos.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ideally, it’ll come down to the Panthers not being able to get Watson and deciding they want Wilson, and then there’s action on the pick. If Wilson, as Steve Young seems to intimate, wants the Niners, it puts Douglas in a little bind. Which I’m hoping for. Because I like chaos.

I don’t even think the pick will be for sale at this point, but I’m soooo unbelievably tired of seeing hypothetical trades from the media that are basically “DA 49ers TRADE A TIN OF COLD CHICKEN PARM AND A MANHATTAN SPECIAL TO THE JETS SO THEY CAN GET ZACH WILSON” as if any GM with half a brain would ever accept some of these stupid offers.  49er fans themselves are even worse.  They’re so determined that they’re trading up for Zach and when they ask each other what should get it done it’s always “oh the Jets should feel honored that we MIGHT be willing to give them Jimmy G”

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, section314 said:

They were doing mock#2 last night. Jets flip picks with S.F for Jimmy G, Kinlaw, and pick #155, a 5th. Kirwin said he lets them battle it out in camp, and pick best man. If Sam wins, and has a good year, franchise him next year. Jimmy G wins, Sam is backup, then either try to trade him at deadline or let him walk at end of year.Different spin for sure.

My  idea is the 49ers flip the pick for MLB Fred Warner and some other pics. Now the Jets can draft Pitts and get a player of Warner's ability.  No one can offer that kind of package!

36 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t even think the pick will be for sale at this point, but I’m soooo unbelievably tired of seeing hypothetical trades from the media that are basically “DA 49ers TRADE A TIN OF COLD CHICKEN PARM AND A MANHATTAN SPECIAL TO THE JETS SO THEY CAN GET ZACH WILSON” as if any GM with half a brain would ever accept some of these stupid offers.  49er fans themselves are even worse.  They’re so determined that they’re trading up for Zach and when they ask each other what should get it done it’s always “oh the Jets should feel honored that we MIGHT be willing to give them Jimmy G”

@Mogglezu r so right ! People want Wilson to be gift wrapped to 49ers . It reminds me when we all thought Bosa would fall to 3 and 49ers would take Q ! Well this time Jets r winning this one . I’d prob be more upset trading down to 3 then any other spot lol 

26 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

What about 49er MLB Fred Warner, since Saleh needs some player help in installing his defense

I’m not trading the second overall pick for a MLB when we have CJ Mosley on the roster with a ridiculous contract.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Jamal Adams averaged like a sack a game 

He's not paid by the int 

He apparently is not paid at all right now as he watches real play makers get extensions and new deals.

Hilarious how a player suddenly morphs into a pass rusher when he cant do much else well for his position group.

An equivalent olineman to a player like Adams would be a good run blocker but can't pass block at all and gets his Qb killed.

Thus the offense decides, 'we better just call running plays.'

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He apparently is not paid at all right now as he watches real play makers get extensions and new deals.

Hilarious how a player suddenly morphs into a pass rusher when he cant do much else well for his position group.

An equivalent olineman to a player like Adams would be a good run blocker but can't pass block at all and gets his Qb killed.

Thus the offense decides, 'we better just call running plays.'

for all this crap talk about Jamal Adams

let's see what 1.23 turns into and next year's pick before we break our own arms patting ourselves on the Back

Leonard Williams is also a POS yeah yeah yeah except Ashtyn Davis sux worse. 

chances are Jamal Adams will get about 17 mil around training camp 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Well I’m not the only one speculating on the possibility of those two flipping picks 

There isn’t a strong enough cocktail of Lexapro, Klonipin, and Abilify to keep me sane enough for the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, Cbucco19 said:

@Mogglezu r so right ! People want Wilson to be gift wrapped to 49ers . It reminds me when we all thought Bosa would fall to 3 and 49ers would take Q ! Well this time Jets r winning this one . I’d prob be more upset trading down to 3 then any other spot lol 

Unless Bosa gets thrown into the deal!

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

So, if Urban Meyer called the Jets and said he was open to moving down one spot in the draft, what would be an acceptable price to pay for that deal to lock up Lawrence? 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, if Urban Meyer called the Jets and said he was open to moving down one spot in the draft, what would be an acceptable price to pay for that deal to lock up Lawrence? 

So if what about if so what about if so what if about