Would you make this trade with Carolina Panthers? I think it is possible if Jets were interested, and it would significantly better the team and make next year have endless possibilities.

Alka

Jets offer #2 pick, get back the #8 pick, #39 pick, 2022 1st round draft pick, 2023 1st round draft pick.

With the #8 pick, the Jets take Waddle as their wide receiver.   With #23, 34 and 39, Jets can solidify the tackle position, edge and one of the top cornerbacks.

If Darnold doesn't make huge strides in 2021, then the Jets would have (3) first round draft picks to move up next year to get a QB, not to mention (2) 1st round draft picks in 2023.

The question is: "Does picking Wilson at #2 better than the scenario that I just outlined?"

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Jets offer #2 pick, get back the #8 pick, #39 pick, 2022 1st round draft pick, 2023 1st round draft pick.
With the #8 pick, the Jets take Waddle as their wide receiver.   With #23, 34 and 39, Jets can solidify the tackle position, edge and one of the top cornerbacks.
If Darnold doesn't make huge strides in 2021, then the Jets would have (3) first round draft picks to move up next year to get a QB, not to mention (2) 1st round draft picks in 2023.
The question is: "Does picking Wilson at #2 better than the scenario that I just outlined?"

Picking Wilson or Fields is better.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

No guarantee about Waddle being there, but there are going be players. I take the trade.

I’d also draft QB later, even at 8 if Fields, Mac, or Lance are there. 

Or ink Alex Smith to squeeze Sam.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No guarantee about Waddle being there, but there are going be players. I take the trade.

I’d also draft QB later. Or ink Alex Smith.

I think the likelihood is that Waddle will be there at #8.  The top (4) QB's should be gone, Sewell, Jamar Chase and Pitts will be gone.  That leaves Waddle at #8.  Imagine if one of the top (7) players I mentioned dropped to the Jets.  Sewell, Chase, Pitts, or one of the other QB's not named Mac Jones falling to the Jets at #8.

Just now, Alka said:

I think the likelihood is that Waddle will be there at #8.  The top (4) QB's should be gone, Sewell, Jamar Chase and Pitts will be gone.  That leaves Waddle at #8.  Imagine if one of the top (7) players I mentioned dropped to the Jets.  Sewell, Chase, Pitts, or one of the other QB's not named Mac Jones falling to the Jets at #8.

You’re making too many assumptions. I don’t think all these QBs go. I think the teams use the media to drive teams to take WB earlier and push players back, then the draft happens and only a few QBs go early and teams take the players. Happens every year.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

You’re making too many assumptions. I don’t think all these QBs go. I think the teams use the media to drive teams to take WB earlier and push players back, then the draft happens and only a few QBs go early and teams take the players. Happens every year.

Then the next question is: " Which one of the top 4 quarterbacks don't go in the top 7?"  You know Lawrence is gone, Wilson at #2 and a QB to the 49ers at #3.  Which of the 4 QB's make it to #8?  Carolina wouldn't make the trade without getting a QB, and neither would have the 49ers.

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

We already have two firsts this year and two firsts next year.

If you believe in one of these quarterbacks, take him @ 2. 

I hope it's Wilson. 

I'm more of a pro Sam guy, but I agree with you here for the simple reason that I don't think it's in JD's DNA to trade a bunch of draft picks to move up for a QB in 2022.  The fact that we sit at #2 in 2021 is a big incentive to move on a QB now

• Upvote 2

I dunno but we should all come to a consensus on this one ASAP so we can get our notes over to Douglas. 
I mean, knowing that it will significantly better the team and make next year have endless possibilities, what more needs to be said?

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Then the next question is: " Which one of the top 4 quarterbacks don't go in the top 7?"  You know Lawrence is gone, Wilson at #2 and a QB to the 49ers at #3.  Which of the 4 QB's make it to #8?  Carolina wouldn't make the trade without getting a QB, and neither would have the 49ers.

Depends on who you consider top 4. Ive long held the opinion that Mac Jones will be regarded higher by teams than by media/fans.

I think 5 QBs are justifiably in play for top 4 lists across the league. Ultimately, I’d be surprised if 4 of them get picked in the top 5 like many folks think.

Seems like Fields, Lance and Mac Jones have a good sit at being in the mix at 8. I’d be just as fine with them as Zach. I think they’re all about equal levels of risk, the rest is hype. I mean Zach is this years Trubisky. Please draft the Watson or Mahomes instead.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Depends on who you consider top 4. Ive long held the opinion that Mac Jones will be regarded higher by teams than by media/fans.

I think 5 QBs are justifiably in play for top 4 lists across the league. Ultimately, I’d be surprised if 4 of them get picked in the top 5 like many folks think.

Seems like Fields, Lance and Mac Jones have a good sit at being in the mix at 8. I’d be just as fine with them as Zach. I think they’re all about equal levels of risk, the rest is hype. I mean Zach is this years Trubisky. Please draft the Watson or Mahomes instead.

If you think that is the case, then you would be in favor of the Jets trading with Carolina at #8, if the price was right.  That is what I'm thinking as well.

I'd make that trade.

People act as if right after this draft there will never be another Qb prospects out there ever.

This time next year there will be 3 or 4 hot Qb prospects at least two of who are not being mentioned at all this year.

I won;t mind taking Wilson or Fields but they both (like almost all QB prospects) have a few questions.

I would not have an issue going with Darnold or another place holder QB for this year.

This team is starved of talent in almost all positions.

On 4/3/2021 at 7:17 AM, Alka said:

Yes picking Wilson is better than that. The rookie contract for a QB is so below market value it is worth 3-4 additional picks itself. Trading down and pushing the QB situation a yea out is just dumb when you have a FQB staring in your face.