The Stick with Darnold Thread

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Darnold is not competitive.  He doesn't hate losing. The great ones DESPISE losing.   They hate losing more than they enjoy winning. Never once has Darnold displayed that characteristic in a

It seems like more than 75% of sports talking heads are saying “stick with Darnold.” I think the majority of these takes are rooted in the lazy take that Darnold is a good player that’s been ruined by

All the former Jets lobbying for Darnold to be the guy continually reminds me why they were all Jets at one point in time. bad decision makers, these guys.   All of them.

Posted Images

I love Bart, he’s pretty entertaining on ESPN Radio but sometimes he sounds really dumb. 

His takes on Darnold are pretty much anti-Wilson, he’s all over the place. Pretty much every criticism at the Jet organization leveled here, no talent, 3 different systems, 2 head coaches, and AWFUL HC in Gase, no Oline, he’s only 23 how can you jump ship so early, but I think he’s basically against Wilson. 

And I love Darnold but I’m ready to move to Wilson. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Darnold is not competitive.  He doesn't hate losing.

The great ones DESPISE losing.   They hate losing more than they enjoy winning.

Never once has Darnold displayed that characteristic in any game he has played in 3 years.

This is one of my biggest issues with Darnold.  He just seems to lack passion for the game. 

Unfortunately, I do think we should keep him bc I think we can get a lot more value from trading back then drafting at 2. Too many holes on this roster right now.

However, if we can trade back and still get a good QB then Darnold can be sent to Pitt or Carolina.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Darnold is not competitive.  He doesn't hate losing.

The great ones DESPISE losing.   They hate losing more than they enjoy winning.

Never once has Darnold displayed that characteristic in any game he has played in 3 years.

Looks like a pitiful loser when he throws an interception. Puts his head down and walks to the bench just to get up and throw another one 5 minutes later.

• Upvote 1

Adam Gase, McCoffee, yeah, this guy has been dealt a.crappy hand. I rather keep him, than giving him away. We can still get a future.3rd round comp pick if he walks away in 2022.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

This is exactly what I've been saying today and getting destroyed over. There really aren't many that have taken this stance. I'm 100% on board with Greeny, Bart, and Jeff Saturday. 

And honestly, I think the idea of trading down and collecting a kings ransom is too enticing for me (and hopefully JD) to pass up. JD DOES NOT have to pick a QB now. He can take a QB next year or the year following. I just love the idea of being able to fill so many holes on the roster in one draft. The silver lining here is the Jets have so many holes on there roster that you'd be filling a need with almost every pick in this draft.

A bunch of people that won’t lose their jobs betting on the worst QB in the league. I’m sure they wouldn’t feel the same way if they had anything on the line.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

JMO, but I don't think Bart's opinion here is dumb at all. The Jets do NOT have to move on from Darnold right now. They can do that later.....

No you misunderstand. Sometimes he just sounds dumb. Full stop. Entertaining, engaging, I like him but sometimes he tries too hard and sounds like a moron. BTW, I’m sure he doesn’t care what I think.

His take on Sam is rooted in some very logical reasons but I think all tainted by his dislike for Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

Same people that were calling Darnold trash all of a sudden want the Jets to keep him. The guy got better in the off-season some how. I’m not saying this is Bart necessarily but Darnold has seriously gotten in better favor with the media these past few months 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s feeling like it’s gonna happen. All of this extra PR dedicated to a dude who sucks can easily fool this fanbase.

He’s gone. 
He’ll eventually be traded and Wilson will be drafted. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

A bunch of people that won’t lose their jobs betting on the worst QB in the league. I’m sure they wouldn’t feel the same way if they had anything on the line.

Exactly, these 'analysts' will never be held accountable for their hot-takes. 

If Jets decide to keep Sam, and start off 0-3 next season, these talking heads on ESPN and elsewhere - Greeny, Cowherd, Riddick, Scott - will shrug their shoulders, mutter 'Same ol Jets' and laugh about it. They don't care about the Jets, only provoking the fanbase. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

That's another MYTH I'd like to address.....

Joe Douglas is NOT going to lose his job if he doesn't take Zach Wilson in this draft. That's ludicrous. If Joe Douglas continues to draft well he's not going anywhere. Joe Douglas can take a QB whenever and he'll be forever linked to that QB. The Jets ownership and fanbase has been searching high and low to find a decent GM. It's seems like right now we may have found one? So the idea that JD doesn't draft player X makes him Mike Macagnan is simply not true. 

• Upvote 4
9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Joe Douglas is NOT going to lose his job if he doesn't take Zach Wilson in this draft. That's ludicrous. If Joe Douglas continues to draft well he's not going anywhere. Joe Douglas can take a QB whenever and he'll be forever linked to that QB. The Jets ownership and fanbase has been searching high and low to find a decent GM. It's seems like right now we may have found one? So the idea that JD doesn't draft player X makes him Mike Macagnan is simply not true. 

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, PS17 said:

It seems like more than 75% of sports talking heads are saying “stick with Darnold.” I think the majority of these takes are rooted in the lazy take that Darnold is a good player that’s been ruined by an awful organization that can never do anything right. While the latter point is true, anyone who’s watched the team for more than a couple quarters has seen that Darnold doesn’t see open receivers, consistently makes awful decisions leading to turnovers, has dubious mechanics, and gets hurt every year. He hasn’t improved on any of his flaws dating back to USC. It’s time to start over.

I also think the Networks would like to see Wilson somewhere sexier like the 49ers

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

No you misunderstand. Sometimes he just sounds dumb. Full stop. Entertaining, engaging, I like him but sometimes he tries too hard and sounds like a moron. BTW, I’m sure he doesn’t care what I think.

His take on Sam is rooted in some very logical reasons but I think all tainted by his dislike for Wilson. 

I also don't believe he has hatred for Zach Wilson. I think that's silly. He's just criticizing the idea that the Jets MUST take Zach Wilson,  nothing more. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

They do.  
They are highly unlikely to have the #2 pick next year.  Trade down, get your haul, win 6 games and then have to give up said haul to move up next year to get a QB that likely won’t be as good a prospect.  
And now you’ve just wasted another year.  

Keeping Sam this year is just kicking the can down the road another year.  Which this team can’t afford to do.  

The only move has always been to trade Sam and take a QB.  

I disagree completely...

4 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Joe has to win.  You need a QB to win.  

if JD keeps Sam and the Jets win 5 games, they‘ll be massive pressure.  JD will get one more year after to get to the playoffs.   

Take a QB at 2 and it resets the clock with the fan base.

bottom line, keep Sam and it’s a win now team - with a roster that isn’t capable of winning now.   

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

This is exactly what I've been saying today and getting destroyed over. There really aren't many that have taken this stance. I'm 100% on board with Greeny, Bart, and Jeff Saturday. 

And honestly, I think the idea of trading down and collecting a kings ransom is too enticing for me (and hopefully JD) to pass up. JD DOES NOT have to pick a QB now. He can take a QB next year or the year following. I just love the idea of being able to fill so many holes on the roster in one draft. The silver lining here is the Jets have so many holes on there roster that you'd be filling a need with almost every pick in this draft.

Yes, the 6 year rebuild is one that never fails in the NFL. Another 2 years and becton and the other draft picks will be in line for their mega contracts or moving on! It's brilliant!

If your rebuild takes more than 3 years, it's not a rebuild... you just failed. If your QB can't improve even with bad talent around them then you need to take a new QB. QBs play with bad talent all the time and improve then they get surrounded by good talent and their understanding of the game allows them to excel. 

The whole concept that you will have a team that is "ready" for a QB is a fallacy. 

• Post of the Week 1
8 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Exactly, these 'analysts' will never be held accountable for their hot-takes. 

If Jets decide to keep Sam, and start off 0-3 next season, these talking heads on ESPN and elsewhere - Greeny, Cowherd, Riddick, Scott - will shrug their shoulders, mutter 'Same ol Jets' and laugh about it. They don't care about the Jets, only provoking the fanbase. 

And neither will Joe Douglas if he continues to do his job well....

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I can't wait until we keep Sam, he throws two idiotic red zone interceptions on opening day, and the excuse birds start with "guys, this is his 3rd system in 4 years!!!!!!!!!! fIrE gAsE"

So if they decide to roll with Sam again you're going to root against him?

I don't want Wilson but if he's the pick I'm going to support him all the way.

• Upvote 3