The Stick with Darnold Thread

1 hour ago, Stanley Blinka said:

That’s hilarious...He was always “Stan Blinka” but after that very game Walt Michaels defended Blinka to the press, saying he’s not a dirty player, etc. I was a kid and laughed when I heard Michaels refer to him as Stanley. From that moment on he was “Stanley Blinka” in my mind.

I remember.  I laughed when Walt said he wasn't a dirty player.  Not to cast aspersions on good old Stan, but he played the game a certain way.  Jefferson had come too close and back then, middle linebackers were to be feared (and avoided).  

Thanks for the memories.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Darnold is not competitive.  He doesn't hate losing. The great ones DESPISE losing.   They hate losing more than they enjoy winning. Never once has Darnold displayed that characteristic in a

It seems like more than 75% of sports talking heads are saying “stick with Darnold.” I think the majority of these takes are rooted in the lazy take that Darnold is a good player that’s been ruined by

All the former Jets lobbying for Darnold to be the guy continually reminds me why they were all Jets at one point in time. bad decision makers, these guys.   All of them.

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

What would you qualify as an expert with regard to talking about a sport? Does a degree in broadcasting count? Because you can have a degree in broadcasting and not know anything about football. I guess maybe a large body of quality work might qualify one as such. I've read opinions on this board that came true whereas I've seen many of the professionals crap out regularly with their opinions.

Yeah, I am sorry...I do not recognize this guy as an expert. A huge fan - yes. A guy who enjoys what he is doing - yes. Now if he was a Head Coach, an Offensive Coordinator or a QB Coach who has worked for the Jets - ok, that qualifies as a Jet expert imo.

34 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

Yeah, I am sorry...I do not recognize this guy as an expert. A huge fan - yes. A guy who enjoys what he is doing - yes. Now if he was a Head Coach, an Offensive Coordinator or a QB Coach who has worked for the Jets - ok, that qualifies as a Jet expert imo.

All good. Was Adam Gase a Jets expert? How about this guy?

Dowell Loggains Named Jets' Offensive Coordinator/QBs Coach