The Stick with Darnold Thread

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I love Bart, he’s pretty entertaining on ESPN Radio but sometimes he sounds really dumb. 

His takes on Darnold are pretty much anti-Wilson, he’s all over the place. Pretty much every criticism at the Jet organization leveled here, no talent, 3 different systems, 2 head coaches, and AWFUL HC in Gase, no Oline, he’s only 23 how can you jump ship so early, but I think he’s basically against Wilson. 

And I love Darnold but I’m ready to move to Wilson. 

How in the eff is that "anti-Wilson?" You literally said that it's all organizational criticism.

EDIT- read some more of your posts, see that you are talking in generalities about Scott. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

How in the eff is that "anti-Wilson?" You literally said that it's all organizational criticism.

EDIT- read some more of your posts, see that you are talking in generalities about Scott. 

Edit: I listen to Bart every day. Working from home, walk my granddaughter every day during his show. 

He is pro Darnold. He is pro trading back. He is anti-Wilson. 

Not entirely mutually exclusive but that’s his take. 

Not mine.  

His. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Sewell is not the top player on any board, fake or real. 

He’s not Chase or Pitts or Waddle or Smith. 

He’s not even Slater. 

Imagine using the 2nd pick in the whole draft on the second best tackle. 

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa.  

Well done. 

You need to read more carefully.  Sewell is clearly the top player at #2 since Lawrence will be gone. 

As for Slater, he will drop further than you think.  Many project him to guard.  He will be an excellent guard.  But a guard nonetheless.  He does not have the length to play tackle.  Read up on him and you will see what I am saying.  Ourlads considers him a guard.

Do not get me wrong.  If Slater is there at 23 I grab him in a second.  But at #2, I take Sewell or I trade down for value.  And your take on Sewell reveals what you are really doing.  And that is attacking anyone who does not want Wilson. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

The past two years were not the worst roster in NFL history, nor even close.

Your premise is invalid.

I don't know if it was the absolute worst but, damn, if you're objective you have to admit it was really bad. As in there were very, very few Jets starters that could have started on any other team.

Two years of Idzak and four years of Macc. That's how bad our roster was. Remember taking Jamal at #6 OA when we *needed* a QB. Although at this point I'm glad we passed on DW but passing on Mahomes for a SS? That's who put the Jets roster together. An incompetent bunch of morons.

It may not have been the worst but name a few teams that had worse talent and did better than the Jets the last few years.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, clayton163v said:

You need to read more carefully.  Sewell is clearly the top player at #2 since Lawrence will be gone. 

You need to not only read more carefully but also you have no f*cking clue what you are talking about. 

But you do what you do. 

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Darnold is not competitive.  He doesn't hate losing.

The great ones DESPISE losing.   They hate losing more than they enjoy winning.

Never once has Darnold displayed that characteristic in any game he has played in 3 years.

While hatred and vengeance is a proven motivator, the emotion is not psychologically sustainable and leads to mental burn out or traumas. One can become a psychotic or develop strong antisocial tendencies that impact team behavior.

Nietzsche’s warning to those staring into the abyss and the Greeks tragedies are a classic warnings about actions and behavior driven by extreme emotion.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Pac said:

Heard this yesterday..  Point you mention around the 3:15 mark.

Another point worth mentioning is Wilson is lauded for his pinpoint passing.  I would like to see video of him throwing as he is getting hit or holding onto the ball when the play collapses around him.  There isn't any such video.  There is a video of one clean pocket after another.  I do not know what to call that but it is not NFL football.   

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Btw, I learned in law school when someone qualifies their idiotic “opinion” with “clearly” or “obviously” or “no debate” or the like it really doesn’t move an argument forward. 

/End thread. 

See how that works? 

3 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Another point worth mentioning is Wilson is lauded for his pinpoint passing.  I would like to see video of him throwing as he is getting hit or holding onto the ball when the play collapses around him.  There isn't any such video.  There is a video of one clean pocket after another.  I do not know what to call that but it is not NFL football.   

There are 50 videos. Do your own research. 

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Btw, I learned in law school when someone qualifies their idiotic “opinion” with “clearly” or “obviously” or “no debate” or the like it really doesn’t move an argument forward. 

/End thread. 

See how that works? 

I learned in law school that you never underestimate your opponent, lose your cool or insult or belittle other lawyers. 

res ipsa loquitur. 

And that's that.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I guess the question is are you more pro Darnold or anti picking QB at #2/Wison

If you had say four choices:

Take Zach Wilson

Trade down to 4 and take Lance/Fields or Jones

Trade down to 8 and keep Sam

Trade down to 8 take a positional player and then target a QB like Mond

Which would you choose?

There's another possibility. Trade with SF or Atlanta and roll with Sam and take Sewell, who'll be a ten year All Pro LT. Remember JD's opening press conference. He wants to build a team that will impose their will on other teams and that starts with the OL and DL.

I'd prefer an Atlanta trade as that would give us a bigger draft pick return and still give us Sewell, but if the only offer is SF who loves Wilson and they give up their 2nd pick in 2021 I'd consider that FMV for the #2 OA. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

I learned in law school that you never underestimate your opponent, lose your cool or insult or belittle other lawyers. 

res ipsa loquitur. 

And that's that.

This makes sense.  All non-lawyers will gladly take care of the insults.  ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

There are 50 videos. Do your own research. 

The only time he was under any sustained pressure was against Coastal Carolina. And that was outside pressure. He had 150 yds, 1td, 1 int, up until the last series, where he missed a receiver breaking free in the end zone. Chose to throw into triple coverage, on last play of game.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

There's another possibility. Trade with SF or Atlanta and roll with Sam and take Sewell, who'll be a ten year All Pro LT. Remember JD's opening press conference. He wants to build a team that will impose their will on other teams and that starts with the OL and DL.

I'd prefer an Atlanta trade as that would give us a bigger draft pick return and still give us Sewell, but if the only offer is SF who loves Wilson and they give up their 2nd pick in 2021 I'd consider that FMV for the #2 OA. 

A very good chance Slater gets drafted before Sewell.

1). Joe Flacco was better (by a lot) than Sam Darnold playing with the same lousy weapons, O line, and incompetent coach.  I wonder if any of these guys watched the Patriots MNF game and didn't notice this fact.

2) It's been stated ad nauseum that Joe Douglas values draft picks more than anyone.  Since it is clear he can get a haul for the 2nd pick isn't it equally clear that he thinks Wilson is going to be excellent if he makes that pick?  That he thinks the team will be better long term with Wilson over Darnold plus all the extra picks.   It's his ass on the line so lets let the man do his job and see how it shakes out.  The rest is all BS media nonsense throwing shade as usual at the Jets will absolutely no repercussions when their opinions flame out. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

He was one of the worst in the league pre-Gase, and all of his issues were on display in college too.

Did you watch the last four games of Sam's rookie season?

He was rated at the top of all QB's. He looked like he was a real FQB in the making. Awareness and movement in the pocket, ability to throw accurately on the move both to his his right and while going to his left.

Pre-Gase he looked great. Sam is going to excel in the new offensive system.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

17 minutes ago, genot said:

The only time he was under any sustained pressure was against Coastal Carolina. And that was outside pressure. He had 150 yds, 1td, 1 int, up until the last series, where he missed a receiver breaking free in the end zone. Chose to throw into triple coverage, on last play of game.

The receiver broke free in the end zone after he threw the ball which was a completion to his WR who got tackled at the 1 yard line.  He also had multiple drops and a completion that went for -16 yards after a running back went backwards after the catch. Also his INT was a Hail Mary. Wilson was under pressure on 50% of drop backs.

917EDC21-953A-4D36-9FDB-4190C1542C09.jpeg.6c134b5a5fb19e61d777cb3379bd2ef0.jpeg

Also here’s a game from Sam Darnold’s last year at USC
07E9C559-5102-48C7-8A0B-F8E5A0FFB8D3.jpeg.57bf5caa3a2ad1b5082af1a7811e4c2d.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

He was rated at the top of all QB's. He looked like he was a real FQB in the making. Awareness and movement in the pocket, ability to throw accurately on the move both to his his right and while going to his left.

He had 2 good games against the two worst pass defenses in the league. Then he sucked against the Pats in the finale

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, genot said:

Sure. Ok. 

3 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Darnold's 17 tds, 15 ints, 57.7%, 2,865 yards in his rookie season is not great.

Jackson and Mayfield had much better rookie seasons. 

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The receiver broke free in the end zone after he threw the ball which was a completion to his WR who got tackled at the 1 yard line.  He also had multiple drops and a completion that went for -16 yards after a running back went backwards after the catch. Also his INT was a Hail Mary. Wilson was under pressure on 50% of drop backs.

917EDC21-953A-4D36-9FDB-4190C1542C09.jpeg.6c134b5a5fb19e61d777cb3379bd2ef0.jpeg

Also here’s a game from Sam Darnold’s last year at USC
07E9C559-5102-48C7-8A0B-F8E5A0FFB8D3.jpeg.57bf5caa3a2ad1b5082af1a7811e4c2d.jpeg

How many passes did Perriman drop last year. That's why the Jet's didn't even say goodbye. In a roundabout way, you're making my point. If the receivers aren't doing thier job, it makes it a lot harder for the QB to do his. Darnolds best receiver his last year at USC was Deontay Burnett.  Go to a quick lube in LA and he'll do an oil change for you.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

1). Joe Flacco was better (by a lot) than Sam Darnold playing with the same lousy weapons, O line, and incompetent coach.  I wonder if any of these guys watched the Patriots MNF game and didn't notice this fact.

2) It's been stated ad nauseum that Joe Douglas values draft picks more than anyone.  Since it is clear he can get a haul for the 2nd pick isn't it equally clear that he thinks Wilson is going to be excellent if he makes that pick?  That he thinks the team will be better long term with Wilson over Darnold plus all the extra picks.   It's his ass on the line so lets let the man do his job and see how it shakes out.  The rest is all BS media nonsense throwing shade as usual at the Jets will absolutely no repercussions when their opinions flame out. 

Flaccos zero wins and a total of 10 points in his first two games for sure cements this narrative that Flacco is way better than Darnold

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, genot said:

And we want this... why?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

ANY QB will be better than last year Darnold this year, and that includes Darnold himself.

Gase was the most disgustingly awful offensive coach this league has seen in years.

Frank Gore as the bell cow back.  Guys like Smith, malone and Hogan all getting lots of time at WR.  Puke.

The jets offense will be much better this year regardless of QB.

Gase knew he was history and his three goals were to;

1) make sure the Jets missed out on the #1 OA pick

2) give Frank Gore enough carries so that he reached 16,000 career yards

3) say eff you to the Jets