If Your HC and OC Are Telling You They Can Fix Darnold, Then You...

3 hours ago, hmhertz said:

PFF and many have Spencer Rattler Oklahoma as the best '21 QB.

The Rat is listed as 6'1''. If the squirt is the best in '21 as many say,

it is imperative that we nab our QB of the future this year from

a much stronger class

I am all for it if he comes later - which I think he will.

Henry, I am sure you want to trade down from #2.  If we are forced to pick, who would you take?  Thanks.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Point and laugh then draft a QB?

If Your HC and OC Are Telling You They Can Fix Darnold, Then You...   Realize that you hired a bunch of idiots. 

really? so you hire a highly touted head coach and OC and then you laugh in their face and go against their wishes on who they want at qb? that would be pretty dumb

Posted Images

2 hours ago, football guy said:

The more I think about it, the more I'm on-board with sticking with Darnold and drafting Wilson. Honestly I don't care about past precedent or emotional "face of the franchise" narratives. Sam Darnold on the Jets is more valuable than a 3rd round pick. For one, I think having the opportunity to have the most talented, "upside-driven" young QB room would be a fascinating storyline, and would actually make training camp interesting. Secondly, you gotta figure this is one of the best way to foster a truly competitive position group... great for team building and culture. Third, I love the idea of not forcing a high rookie draft pick onto the field... make him earn it. Fourth, I'm extremely confident that Darnold will perform at a high level once inserted into the new offense. Given how much people around the league like Sam, his age, and his talent, I feel like the Jets would get more for him next year than they may get this year even if they have to franchise tag him. 

I don't think it will happen, but I'm kind of hoping it does

Personally, I want to roll with Sam, take Sewell or trade back. 

But I agree that Sam is more valuable to the 2021 Jets than a 3d round pick.  If we deal Sam and draft Wilson/Fields, etc.  Then we are left with the draftee, Morgan and a castoff veteran.  To throw the draftee into the fire is as dumb as it was when we did it to Sam.  To play the veteran is to roll over and die.  To count on Morgan to carry us for the year is unwise. 

Trading Sam is unwise if we go for a QB imo.  You are also correct that if we dump him right after taking a QB, we will not get value.  Better to wait until we get fair value.  

Again, I would keep Sam and build the roster this year.  I think we are not good enough to draft a QB.  Too many holes.  

Just now, clayton163v said:

Personally, I want to roll with Sam, take Sewell or trade back. 

But I agree that Sam is more valuable to the 2021 Jets than a 3d round pick.  If we deal Sam and draft Wilson/Fields, etc.  Then we are left with the draftee, Morgan and a castoff veteran.  To throw the draftee into the fire is as dumb as it was when we did it to Sam.  To play the veteran is to roll over and die.  To count on Morgan to carry us for the year is unwise. 

Trading Sam is unwise if we go for a QB imo.  You are also correct that if we dump him right after taking a QB, we will not get value.  Better to wait until we get fair value.  

Again, I would keep Sam and build the roster this year.  I think we are not good enough to draft a QB.  Too many holes.  

Might want to check the news

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...