JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Tried to give Radunz away earlier for a missed pick, but I got outvoted -- thanks guys.  Didn't think he would make it to 62. 

WIth Bakhtiari coming off an ACL in December and Rick Wagner being released, the Packers may be looking at Jared Veldheer and Billy Turner as starting tackles.  There is some talk in GB about moving Elgton Jenkins to one of the tackle positions. I wanted to add a rookie to the mix, was surprised that Radunz was still there.

Me too. Nice pick. Patience is a virtue.😁 The pace has really picked up nicely since about 10PM last night.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the representative of the New York Jets in this illustrious mock draft, I believe it is my duty to provide my rationale and mindset when making decisions in this draft so to the best of my ability

Same as every year.  It’s the JN Catalina wine mixer

It took hours of negotiation and eventually I caved to exactly what @section314 wanted but I’m happy with the result. I looked up my big board and realized that I had a guy that was considered a top p

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, section314 said:

Me too. Nice pick. Patience is a virtue.😁 The pace has really picked up nicely since about 10PM last night.

Usually the way it works.  We have spurts where a bunch of picks are made and then run into one or two guys who are offline and things drag for a bit.  

• Upvote 1

KC may be looking to move up in the 10-20th range of the 3rd. If anyone is looking to move down let me know. Thanks,

I know, not very secretive, lol, but I won't have the time today to target specific teams to reach out and vet them.

Good players still coming off the board at the end of round 2.

DEEP Draft.  You need to get your QB, Offensive Tackles, and Elite WRs, cornerbacks and edges in Round 1.

You can get good defensive linemen, linebackers, WRs, safeties, running backs, edges, and interior offensive linemen through round 4 probably.

• Upvote 2

It's kind of boring picking for the Bucs, they don't really have any immediate needs with essentially the SuperBowl roster all coming back.

It might just be BPA picks all the way through.  Although I will be tempted to pick a Brady successor at some point.

I would have seriously considered Trask at the end of the 2nd round if he were still there.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Lith said:

Tried to give Radunz away earlier for a missed pick, but I got outvoted -- thanks guys.  Didn't think he would make it to 62. 

WIth Bakhtiari coming off an ACL in December and Rick Wagner being released, the Packers may be looking at Jared Veldheer and Billy Turner as starting tackles.  There is some talk in GB about moving Elgton Jenkins to one of the tackle positions. I wanted to add a rookie to the mix, was surprised that Radunz was still there.

Radunz is best pick of all the recent flurry. He can probably start day 1 at guard.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Radunz is best pick of all the recent flurry. He can probably start day 1 at guard.

Little side note from our trade on day 1. Radunz may have been a Bronco earlier. I was torn between two guys at #34. I ultimately went with Mayfield, but if I had picked the other player, Radunz would have been the guy. BTW, think you are doing a nice job for the Jets.

• Upvote 4
6 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Working on a trade with @Jdub03

I almost reached out to trade back up for Radunz.

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Nice pick. 

Colts have a need at OT, and I took the gamble on having a little space to move back and still get him.

Now I have to go do homework - humbug!!!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

This was why I was willing to drop back - I couldn't tell from scouting reports if he projected as G or OT.

Oh well. Nice pick.

• Upvote 1

Colts draft so far:

- Day 1: Rashod Bateman, WR — My goal here is to give Carson Wentz big targets at WR and build the future of the Colts WR corps between Bateman and Pittman.

- Day 2: Jabril Cox, ILB — I couldn't resist the opportunity to drop him between Leonard and Okereke. After making this selection, I'm immediately finishing a 2-year deal worth $28 million with $18 million guaranteed for Alejandro Villenueva to play LT — filling the biggest hole/need on the roster.

Lets Go Reaction GIF

4 hours ago, section314 said:

Little side note from our trade on day 1. Radunz may have been a Bronco earlier. I was torn between two guys at #34. I ultimately went with Mayfield, but if I had picked the other player, Radunz would have been the guy. BTW, think you are doing a nice job for the Jets.

Thanks. All the players I’d have taken went before pick 62 so I’m happy with the trade up. 

The thing I appreciate the most is how much ammo Douglas created to make moves and to manipulate the board. I don’t even have access to next years picks but I still have enough flexibility to move around when I see value. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Tennessee and Washington have agreed to a trade .

Asante Samuel Jr and pick #100 for your picks #74 and #82 .

Washington agrees if allowed

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Washington agrees if allowed

6 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Tennessee and Washington have agreed to a trade .

Asante Samuel Jr and pick #100 for your picks #74 and #82 .

We have never allowed trading of players in these drafts.  Picks only.

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

We have never allowed trading of players in these drafts.  Picks only.

I feel like it should be allowed because the player is essentially a pick. It's not like it's an existing pro player. But that's just my 2 cents that means absolutely nothing lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, King P said:

I feel like it should be allowed because the player is essentially a pick. It's not like it's an existing pro player. But that's just my 2 cents that means absolutely nothing lol

I ahve been moderating these drafts for about 5-7 years now.  We have always allowed trades of picks, but not players.  I don't think anyone has ever proposed a trade of a drafted player in the past, so it seems that most have understood what was and was not allowed.  I want to be consistent and not change rules mid-draft.  Like you, this is only my two cents.  If the other Draft Moderators disagree with me and want to allow it, that is fine.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Lith said:

I ahve been moderating these drafts for about 5-7 years now.  We have always allowed trades of picks, but not players.  I don't think anyone has ever proposed a trade of a drafted player in the past, so it seems that most have understood what was and was not allowed.  I want to be consistent and not change rules mid-draft.  Like you, this is only my two cents.  If the other Draft Moderators disagree with me and want to allow it, that is fine.

Great, now I'm limp again

1 hour ago, King P said:

This happens all the time in the NBA. A team picks a player in the draft, another team covets that player and trades for him and strikes a deal. 

• Upvote 1
On 4/8/2021 at 4:34 PM, kdels62 said:

Alright, so the board fell very well for me and my targets until this last run on CBs. I was worried that’d I’d miss out on the tier of talent but  one of my top guys was sitting on the board and I decided that waiting was too risky. I knew Paradis was fond of this guy too so I figured this was the jump I had to make after Samuel came off the board. 

Joseph could be the best CB in this draft and he has elite traits and aggression but he a bit of a head case. He’s a first rounder for me so getting him at this spot is a dream come true. 

Love the pick (mini-Revis) but man did you leverage a lot capital. Gonna have to hit on those late ones 

Overall tho - disappointed at the missed and near missed picks, this early. This thing is once a year and requires maybe 5 mins of your day. If you’re too busy, send in your picks.  

• Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Overall tho - disappointed at the missed and near missed picks, this early. This thing is once year and requires maybe 5 mins of your day. If you’re too busy, send in your picks.  

If you know you'll be too busy, you shouldn't participate

Kanye West Shrug GIF

5 minutes ago, King P said:

If you know you'll be too busy, you shouldn't participate

Kanye West Shrug GIF

Yea, I typed that - then delete-delete lol. Trying to be more loveable and sh*t. 

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Apologies to everyone that I missed my pick, I feel bad about it but it was unavoidable. Once again, apologies to all. 

You get a pass whenever you need it. You put  in salt mine hours for us during FAs

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Love the pick (mini-Revis) but man did you leverage a lot capital. Gonna have to hit on those late ones 

If I pick at 86 I’ll have made 4 picks in the top 100 and I’ll have 4 more in the later rounds. 

My thought is that as much we think this team sucks there’s only so many places for rookie starters. 

• Upvote 1
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.