JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

Jeez.  @T0mShane misses couple of weeks and people start a thread hunting for his whereabouts and praying for his safety.  I am out for over a month and you guys, @Lith, @Dcat, @NYJetsVets91, @New York Mick still think I am making picks on day 6 of the mock draft?   My whole family has been sick and Dad is in the hospital, so you can count me out for this one.  Please find someone to take the Rams.  I will try again in 2022.  Sorry I didn't let anyone know, but real life is a little more important than usual this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

And there goes everybody's favorite small school Center.  If he turns out to be any good, Meinerz will be a cult hero wherever he goes.  Was thinking of taking him at 62 for the Packers, but I couldn't pass on Radunz.  Nice pick, @Jdub03

Thanks, I was sweating a little bit, but seeing Radunz there was surprising. That was an excellent pick. Great value.

I still can't believe how well Meinerz did at the senior bowl playing with a broken hand. That's the toughness I wanted anchoring the interior of KC's line. Plus he tested exceptionally in RAS, which was an area of concern on some earlier scouting reports I saw. 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Excellent trade up and pick by KC, he was #1 on my list for my upcoming pick.

Thanks, I was trying to get ahead of LV who shipped off Rodney Hudson. I did think Miami may be interested, and probably the Jets would be in on him too, even though there seems to be support on Mcgovern at the position.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Jeez.  @T0mShane misses couple of weeks and people start a thread hunting for his whereabouts and praying for his safety.  I am out for over a month and you guys, @Lith, @Dcat, @NYJetsVets91, @New York Mick still think I am making picks on day 6 of the mock draft?   My whole family has been sick and Dad is in the hospital, so you can count me out for this one.  Please find someone to take the Rams.  I will try again in 2022.  Sorry I didn't let anyone know, but real life is a little more important than usual this year.

Hope all is okay.  No worries, while you are dealing with real life issues, our little make pretend game of football GM'ing doesn't quite stack up to that.  Good luck.

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Thoughts and prayers brother. Hang tough.❤️

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Speedy recovery for you all!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Getting the best safety in the class in round 3 is excellent value. St. Juste has the traits, I’m not convinced he’s gonna be special but I understand the pick.

Thanks. And I hear ya on St Juste. He did well @ the senior bowl and his pro day #'s were good enough, but not outstanding. 

Considering all these corners flying off the board and the Raiders are transitioning to the same defensive system we're about to have, I think he's a good fit.

I'd be happy as any team if I could find a #2 corner in the 3rd round. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

You really think I would do that bro... ?

I was about to send off a trade offer to Paradis to try to move up and unite Amon Ra with his brother.  Oh well.  Nice pick.  Once you traded up I had a feeling I waited too long. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Steelers and Perkins? The pick practically selected itself

When you PM'd me with the Perkins pick if you were offline, I was almost certain he was already taken.  Was really surprised when I checked the board to see that he was still available.  Good pick and great fit with Pitt.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Steelers and Perkins? The pick practically selected itself

Yup, totally a pittsburgh pick draft a pas rusher every draft, when they get too expensive, let them go, draft another one.  They always have two or three guys, meanwhile the jets have had no natural pass rusher in 15 years.

It just boggles how terrible our GM's have been, like it is not really all that hard,

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yup, totally a pittsburgh pick draft a pas rusher every draft, when they get too expensive, let them go, draft another one.  They always have two or three guys, meanwhile the jets have had no natural pass rusher in 15 years.

It just boggles how terrible our GM's have been, like it is not really all that hard,

Remember back to one of Macc's early pressers, either introductory or after his first draft.  He talked about emulating Pittsburgh by building a pipeline of pass rushers.  And he proceeded to build a pipeline of Mauldin, Jenkins, Donahue and Polite.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I wrote out the player announcement for Perkins and it was waiting on whether or not the trade would go through. 

Funny stuff, I was talking to @NYJetsVets91about trading up and I said I can’t if Perkins is there and I have a feeling kdels is thinking the same thing lol

• Upvote 2