JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I don't know why we can't get people to submit lists of picks this year.  One or two have, but nobldy else. 

As frustrated as you are, it is much more so for those of us who are moderating this draft.  Multiple times each day we have to drop everything, try to figure out who might be a good fit for the next team up.  Touch base with other mods to see if they are in alignment.  And make the pick.  

Beyond frustrating.

Missed pick should be given #1 listed available player

• Upvote 1

So @Lith, @Dcat, @New York Mick, and myself have decided that we will be switching to a 2 hour wait period for each pick beginning with the fourth round. If the pick is not made before the two hour mark whichever mod is online will make the best pick in their opinion.

Remember to send in a minimum of three players you want to all four mods if your pick is coming up and you know you will be away, it will make it easier and quicker for everyone.

• Upvote 2

4th round changes to the mock draft:

1. We begin a 2-hour clock today (technically, once rd 4 begins in 2 picks)
2. We won't be doing a consensus discussion for missed picks for the remainder of the draft.  First mod to see a missed pick will make a choice.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

i have a comment. Not a complaint.

This is fun, especially round 1 but as we get into the later rounds it becomes a chore to keep track of who was already taken and what, for a lack of a better term, scrubs are still available and what their ranking is.

Its not like a virtual draft thingy online where it goes fast and it stops for you and tells you the current needs and who the best baps are.

IDK maybe next year we can get into some kind of online platform where we can choose the players. Its getting hard to make picks past the 3rd because the names become less familiar and who knows whats taken already.

ideas?

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

This is fun, especially round 1 but as we get into the later rounds it becomes a chore to keep track of who was already taken and what, for a lack of a better term, scrubs are still available and what their ranking is.

Its not like a virtual draft thingy online where it goes fast and it stops for you and tells you the current needs and who the best baps are.

IDK maybe next year we can get into some kind of online platform where we can choose the players. Its getting hard to make picks past the 3rd because the names become less familiar and who knows whats taken already.

ideas?

Or you can know more players

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

ideas?

This is what the spreadsheet is for
 (linked on the first post of the thread).

Players are categorized by “best available” and by position. 

The guys who run this are really well organized!

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

ideas?

Have you been using the google sheet.  Has all picks made to date and available players by position.  It could take a minute or two to load as it is a pretty big file.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kSkuTkxUPfd3Z-vni4C8nzXcBIzphARpm2AJmuHzgU4/edit?usp=sharing

44 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

ideas?

Why are you averse to using the spreadsheet? It tracks everything perfectly and it works well on mobile.  As we hit the later rounds, you are not the only one unfamiliar with many of the names.  By the time we hit round 6, I'll at least look at profiles and if intrigued I'll go for video.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

ideas?

41 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Or you can know more players

Or just not participate.

The guys running this do a lot of work to see it thru, the format is good for those that care about day 3. If you want faster, just do the pfn sim.  

33 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

This is what the spreadsheet is for
 (linked on the first post of the thread).

Players are categorized by “best available” and by position. 

The guys who run this are really well organized!

This, too.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

ideas?

The spreadsheet everyone refers to does all of that, man.  Open it.  

• Upvote 3