JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

Just now, Beerfish said:

Holy smokes the Jets are trying to beat jacksonvillles record for most picks from last year.

He is up to 12.  Will still need to trade back a couple more times to equal Jax last year - I think it was like 15 or 16.  

• Upvote 1

In the real draft, there will be value for the Jets through the 4th round - pick #108.  That's 6 potential contributors the Jets could realistically add through the draft this year.

Assuming QB at #2, we could get a contributor at 5 other positions

In no particular order:

1. WR
  2. OL (interior OL unless they go OT at #23) 
  3. RB - even at the top of the 4th round, there are good RBs
  4. CB
  5. LB/Edge

Obviously it just depends how it shakes out, but something like that seems realistic

The Jets 2 5th rounders (147/155) MIGHT still have some value but we may be looking for more of a developmental player by then, but through pick #108,  I think you can still get a contributor in this draft

19 minutes ago, Lith said:

He is up to 12.  Will still need to trade back a couple more times to equal Jax last year - I think it was like 15 or 16.  

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I thought it was 20 or something.

12 is not too high a number as he has traded up a couple times.

Pretty sure it was 16. That was me, have had jax back to back drafts.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

In the real draft, there will be value for the Jets through the 4th round - pick #108.  That's 6 potential contributors the Jets could realistically add through the draft this year.

Assuming QB at #2, we could get a contributor at 5 other positions

In no particular order:

1. WR
  2. OL (interior OL unless they go OT at #23) 
  3. RB - even at the top of the 4th round, there are good RBs
  4. CB
  5. LB/Edge

Obviously it just depends how it shakes out, but something like that seems realistic

The Jets 2 5th rounders (147/155) MIGHT still have some value but we may be looking for more of a developmental player by then, but through pick #108,  I think you can still get a contributor in this draft

I agree. I think the real draft plays out very differently. Because not everyone has made 200 player big boards there’s a lot of influence from the spreadsheet and I’ve noticed a flattening out in prospect talent. To me there hasn’t been much discrepancy in player talent for almost a round now. I expect the real draft to be insane in rounds 3-5.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If a person is not going to make a pick in 2 hours and has not left a list to the mods of guys he wants he won't be there at hour 3.

That's exactly right.  There far fewer trades after round 3 and they are fairly simple too.  No need for 3 hours. 2 is reasonable.

12 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

ok the google doc makes it easier now. Hey why was my one pick forefited  while I was camping and trashed at the hippie music festival, but others that missed got a pick done for them? Because Im the Pats?

We made a pick for you.  Brady Christensen at pick 96.  The one that was forfeited was done in the real draft.  Goodell docked the Pats a 3rd round pick for illegally taping Bengals practice last year.  Had nothing to do with us or any missed pick.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Wasn’t his 3 cone off the charts?

Off the charts good. His profile is basically Joey Bosa. He has production too. He doesn’t explode off the snap but he’s just a natural off the edge and bending around the tackle. There are a lot of mid round EDGE guys and that’s why I felt comfortable getting picks and trading back but Weaver has great potential. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Off the charts good. His profile is basically Joey Bosa. He has production too. He doesn’t explode off the snap but he’s just a natural off the edge and bending around the tackle. There are a lot of mid round EDGE guys and that’s why I felt comfortable getting picks and trading back but Weaver has great potential. 

Pitt is another middle of the pack team that consistently puts 3-4 guys in the league every year. Very much like BC.

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

ok the google doc makes it easier now. Hey why was my one pick forefited  while I was camping and trashed at the hippie music festival, but others that missed got a pick done for them? Because Im the Pats?

Very funny.  Blame Belichick for the forfeit, not the mock draft.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

We made a pick for you.  Brady Christensen at pick 96.  The one that was forfeited was done in the real draft.  Goodell docked the Pats a 3rd round pick for illegally taping Bengals practice last year.  Had nothing to do with us or any missed pick.

Ooooh ok. Lol

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Ellerson Smith, a guy more than one person in here probably hoped would fall to them in the 4th round.

So good at the senior bowl but I watched some old games of his and he didn’t pop off screen. His measurables tho are so nice.

• Upvote 1

I don’t expect Joe Douglas to drop back as many times as I did nor do I expect him to miss out on Tommy Tremble. I have way too many “end of draft” picks but I will have fun with them. 

There’s a flatness to the talent at the positions I’m looking at but I found a gem here. Werner is an experienced, athletic guy who played every down while the players around him rotated and moved. He’ll move to the WILL this year but I think he projects to the Mike when we move Mosley. His athletic profile is similar to Fred Warner and I think he’ll be a valuable piece for Saleh.

image.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I don’t expect Joe Douglas to drop back as many times as I did nor do I expect him to miss out on Tommy Tremble. I have no way to many end of draft picks but I will have fun with them. 

There’s a flatness to the talent at the positions I’m looking at but I found a gem here. Werner is an experienced, athletic guy who played every down while the players around him rotated and moved. He’ll move to the WILL this year but I think he projects to the Mike when we move Mosley. His athletic profile is similar to Fred Warner and I think he’ll be a valuable piece for Saleh.

image.jpeg

Good pick. This kid is as versatile as they come. Could they envision him in the role that wanted Keannu Neal to play?

19 minutes ago, section314 said:

Good pick. This kid is as versatile as they come. Could they envision him in the role that wanted Keannu Neal to play?

I think he’s a WILL on day one who could end up being the Mike. He’s a smart dude with high character and great physical traits. Screams JD to me.

• Upvote 1