JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Off the charts good. His profile is basically Joey Bosa. He has production too. He doesn’t explode off the snap but he’s just a natural off the edge and bending around the tackle. There are a lot of mid round EDGE guys and that’s why I felt comfortable getting picks and trading back but Weaver has great potential. 

Still trying to get over the Tommy Tremble heartbreak ?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This makes me feel better. I saw his name mentioned on a bunch of different draft sites, but saw he was a mile down on the spreadsheet

Along those lines, I had him right behind McNeill. Just neede the NT a bit more, and was afraid I’d miss him if I didn’t go up. Greene is a stud.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

It hurt deep. I thought I played the board perfectly.

To be honest, Saints need help at CB and DL with loss of Hendrickson. But I figured Jameis Winston needs weapons for Peyton to determine if he’s the answer long term. That said, Tremble can make an impact... so I pulled the trigger.

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This makes me feel better. I saw his name mentioned on a bunch of different draft sites, but saw he was a mile down on the spreadsheet

Spreadsheet was based on rankings in late Feb/early March.  A lot has changed since it ws put together.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

To be honest, Saints need help at CB and DL with loss of Hendrickson. But I figured Jameis Winston needs weapons for Peyton to determine if he’s the answer long term. That said, Tremble can make an impact... so I pulled the trigger.

There’s a guy available that I think would be perfect for the Saints and who wouldn’t last this long in a real draft. I’m so tempted.

No suitable trade and a big value player was available. Dayo Odeyingbo suffered an injury that might keep him out for the season. For this draft I assume that I know his physicals came back clear. Big, explosive and versatile, he’s a perfect fit and if healthy I would’ve taken him in round 2.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Spreadsheet was based on rankings in late Feb/early March.  A lot has changed since it ws put together.

Unreal man.  I was here for days watching and waiting for my pick. Today I was consumed and came here hoping I was up tonight and I just missed it.  Booooooooooooo!  :) 

And, with trade and pick of Stone Forsythe, this concludes the Seattle Seahawks draft:

• 2.24: Jayson Oweh Edge, Penn State
  • 4.23 Stone Forsyth, OT, Florida

That's it.  Oh yeah, and the Seahawks Have Jamal.

At least Sarge is still picking for the Rams.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Afraid that the Steelers were going to swoop in and pick Stone Forsyth?

I'm puzzled by the trade.  ?

It didn't have to be the Steelers - anyone else could have moved in there also

Forsythe is very highly rated on the NFL.com list which several people seem to be using as their board.  I think he was the highest available player on the NFL.com board and some other sources had a 2nd round grade on him

Plus it only cost me a late 7th rounder.  I tried some other proposals earlier that didn't work - Seahawks only had 3 picks, so my hands were tied until we got closer

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

And, with trade and pick of Stone Forsythe, this concludes the Seattle Seahawks draft:

• 2.24: Jayson Oweh Edge, Penn State
  • 4.23 Stone Forsyth, OT, Florida

That's it.  Oh yeah, and the Seahawks Have Jamal.

At least Sarge is still picking for the Rams.

Two really good picks though. Forsyth was next on my list, and Oweh there is a steal.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

It didn't have to be the Steelers - anyone else could have moved in there also

Forsythe is very highly rated on the NFL.com list which several people seem to be using as their board.  I think he was the highest available player on the NFL.com board and some other sources had a 2nd round grade on him

Plus it only cost me a late 7th rounder.  I tried some other proposals earlier that didn't work - Seahawks only had 3 picks, so my hands were tied until we got closer

Hahaha, yes!!!

I got lost in the spreadsheet. Oh well. ?

• Haha 1