JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

The Bills are officially done with the draft

1.  OG, Wyatt Davis - OG was one of their biggest needs this off season and Davis is probably the best true OG in the draft. 

2. ED, Patrick Jones - pass rush and backfield pressure was the other pressing need. Racking up 18 sacks and 24 TFL over that last two season and an improvement every year, Jones should fill the role nicely. 

3. DB, Elijah Molden - The Bills need depth and another DB. Molden can play FS/Slot CB, Nickle/Dime CB, ST. He’ll be on the field somewhere and make a contribution. 

4. WR, Tutu Atwell - who couldn’t  use a world class speed demon on their team. He’s small as hell so he’s not a 3 down players but he doesn’t need to be. Beasley is old as hell so they need to start looking for his replacement but for now adding Atwell on the outside or in the slot will give Allen another target, one he might not be able to overthrow. 

5. DT, Tedarrell Slaton - Lotulelei sat out last year and only has one year left in his contract, the back ups also suck so there was a need for a big body on the DL. 

6. RB, Rhamondre Stevenson - they have plenty of RBs on the team but biggest the one is 210lbs and 5 out of the 6 are under 200. At 6’ 250lbs Stevenson is a perfect RB for a few downs a game. He’s a straight up power runner that can block as well.

Thats that. Now for the real draft. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Alabama defensive end LaBryan Ray is listed as one of the top available players right now.  However, I am watching the Bama Spring Game and Ray is on the sideline - he apparently took some sort of extra year thing and decided to return to Bama

SO....DON'T DRAT LABRYAN RAY

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Alabama defensive end LaBryan Ray is listed as one of the top available players right now.  However, I am watching the Bama Spring Game and Ray is on the sideline - he apparently took some sort of extra year thing and decided to return to Bama

SO....DON'T DRAT LABRYAN RAY

Deleted from sheet.  Thanks.

We already have five missed picks in round 6 and we are just half way through it.  This is unacceptable and a burden to those who manage this draft.  Either send us your picks ahead of time or be there for your pick.  Also, GMs with chronic missed picks should not expect to be invited back next year.

Maybe we should just stop after round 5 from now on.  

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

We already have five missed picks in round 6 and we are just half way through it.  This is unacceptable and a burden to those who manage this draft.  Either send us your picks ahead of time or be there for your pick.  Also, GMs with chronic missed picks should not expect to be invited back next year.

Maybe we should just stop after round 5 from now on.  

Hey-o, guilty as charged. Been a bad year for me, life stuff got me twice in this draft out of the blue.

In the past I’ve never been a cause for delay - in fact I’d typically send them ahead or make them almost immediately when on the clock.

Not trying to be an annoyance. Hope previous years are considered when making invites next year. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don’t really do well with letting folks down. Just sent @Dcat and @Lith options for my last pick. 

I look forward to this every year, and do a TON of cramming/reading as part of it. So, to do all that and not make my own picks is a real kick in the nuts on top of pissing everyone off.

That said, sorry all.

My last pick is gonna be ???

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jdub03 said:

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to say thank you to all who have helped make this a fun experience. @Beerfish, thanks for the spreadsheet, it was a terrific resource and must have taken quite a bit of time. @Lith, @Dcat, @NYJetsVets91, @New York Mick thanks for hosting the event and helping to move things along when needed.  I haven't been on the board long but you've all made me feel welcome.

Thanks for letting me participate!

This 100x over.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Hey-o, guilty as charged. Been a bad year for me, life stuff got me twice in this draft out of the blue.

In the past I’ve never been a cause for delay - in fact I’d typically send them ahead or make them almost immediately when on the clock.

Not trying to be an annoyance. Hope previous years are considered when making invites next year. ?

Yeah... you always send us a list.  Wha happened?  Good drafter too.