JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the representative of the New York Jets in this illustrious mock draft, I believe it is my duty to provide my rationale and mindset when making decisions in this draft so to the best of my ability

Same as every year.  It’s the JN Catalina wine mixer

It took hours of negotiation and eventually I caved to exactly what @section314 wanted but I’m happy with the result. I looked up my big board and realized that I had a guy that was considered a top p

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Lith said:

@Beerfish why trade up for the CB.  Already have Jones and Howard aand some pretty good depth behind them.  I felt sure you were going for Smith or OL.  Did not see Patrick Surtain in that spot.

Fins signed will fuller and have parker but it did cross my mind re Smith.  Since I had added Pitts early I wanted an impact D player that was relatively clean and the price to trade up was affordable.  Howard was good last year agree.  I think I now am the envy of the AFC re CBs

I felt Surtain was the #1 CB

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Fins signed will fuller and have parker but it did cross my mind re Smith.  Since I had added Pitts early I wanted an impact D player that was relatively clean and the price to trade up was affordable.  Howard was good last year agree.  I think I now am the envy of the AFC re CBs

I felt Surtain was the #1 CB

My pick was going to be Slater until Jets @kdels62 traded up to snipe him.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

not a fan of the move up for Slater... if it works, all will be forgotten/forgiven - but we can hardly afford right now, not to pick again till the 3rd round. *puts on monocle* will be watching future jets picks closely, 

Yeah but did you see how I jumped the guy who was gonna take Slater.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think the Chargers win the "I can't believe he was there for us." award for this round.

indeed.  There are always a couple of these every year.  Although the Jets never get them.

• Sad 1

@King P OTC
@HighPitch on deck

Just a reminder:

If you know that you will be unavailable and are a few picks away from your turn.......

you can and should send any of the mods a prioritized list of players for your upcoming picks.

Thanks everyone.

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I see your point. Correcting the mistakes of the past and supporting the new kid. I just think it was a steep price. How much better is slater over creed, ovt, cosmi, radunz? Idk.

but it was ballsy

This is where I am on the trade up.  This is a deep enough draft along the OL that we likely can get an immediate starter at 23.  I would have been patient, and if there was a run on OL and I needed to jump a few spots, without giving up 34, I would have considered it.  I don't like giving up 34.

That said, if Slater would come in and start for the next decade, nobody is going to care about the price.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

B7A789E8-961D-4EE9-A3F8-96E581435DE2.jpeg

Of Course!  Was thinking 1st round, but yes.  A little luck there.  I was ready to rent a banner when Douglas left Claypool and Mims sitting there.  And then the Steelers immediately snatched Claypool.  I was furious. Glad we got lucky there.  

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

indeed.  There are always a couple of these every year.  Although the Jets never get them.

Actually we have had a few of those.  We just traded one of them yesterday.  Problem is, when we get a "I can't believe he fell to us" guy, he doesn't live up to expectations.  Darnold and Leo come immediately to mind.

We also sometimes get a "can't believe he fell to us guy" and then pass on him for a second consecutive safety while letting him drop to and become a stud for the Vikings.

Draft discussions always bring up such good memories.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

@King P OTC
@HighPitch on deck

Just a reminder:

If you know that you will be unavailable and are a few picks away from your turn.......

you can and should send any of the mods a prioritized list of players for your upcoming picks.

Thanks everyone.

Only thing to add is when sending a list of picks, please send it to multiple mods.  There are 4 of us.  Dcat, JetsVets, NY Mick and me.  Sending to one of us who may be offline at the time won't help. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Lith said:

Actually we have had a few of those.  We just traded one of them yesterday.  Problem is, when we get a "I can't believe he fell to us" guy, he doesn't live up to expectations.  Darnold and Leo come immediately to mind.

We also sometimes get a "can't believe he fell to us guy" and then pass on him for a second consecutive safety while letting him drop to and become a stud for the Vikings.

Draft discussions always bring up such good memories.

For me it will always be Dee Miliner and although not a first rounder, Geno.

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

For me it will always be Dee Miliner and although not a first rounder, Geno.

Geno was a "He fell to us and that scares the crap out of me guy."  I remember watching that draft.  Everyone had Geno penciled in to the Eagles who were two or three picks ahead of us.  I wanted Leveon Bell.  The 21-year old version fresh out of Michigan State on a rookie contract.  I was praying the Eagles would take Geno and protect us from ourselves.  Once the Eagles passed, it was obvious what was gonna happen.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Geno was a "He fell to us and that scares the crap out of me guy."  I remember watching that draft.  Everyone had Geno penciled in to the Eagles who were two or three picks ahead of us.  I wanted Leveon Bell.  The 21-year old version fresh out of Michigan State.  I was praying the Eagles would take Geno and protect us from ourselves.  Once the Eagles passed, it was obvious what was gonna happen.  

Great point. I remember the year ND played Bama for the national title, think it was Kelly's first or second year. Right from the start of the game, ND tried to pass the ball on them, and they were going after Miliner, seemed like every play. ND, as usual, had a crappy QB, but they kept it up. Even Musburger asked McShay if he was surprised that they were going after the All American CB. There were more than a couple of plays where Miliner got toasted, but the QB was so bad they couldn't take advantage. How prophetic they were.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, section314 said:

Great point. I remember the year ND played Bama for the national title, think it was Kelly's first or second year. Right from the start of the game, ND tried to pass the ball on them, and they were going after Miliner, seemed like every play. ND, as usual, had a crappy QB, but they kept it up. Even Musburger asked McShay if he was surprised that they were going after the All American CB. There were more than a couple of plays where Miliner got toasted, but the QB was so bad they couldn't take advantage. How prophetic they were.

Thank you very much for bringing up the year the Dawgs lost to Bama in the SEC Championship by 4 as the clock ran out on what would have been a second and goal at the Alabama 2. 

Few seconds left, no timeouts, at the 5 yard line, Aaron Murray completes a pass 2 yards short of the EZ in the field of play and time runs out.   Bama goes on to crush ND for the Natty instead of us. 

But I am over it now.  Really, I am.  I really treasure that Capital One Bowl win over Nebraska instead.  It was almost as good as a Natty.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thank you very much for bringing up the year the Dawgs lost to Bama in the SEC Championship by 4 as the clock ran out on what would have been a second and goal at the Alabama 2. 

Few seconds left, no timeouts, at the 5 yard line, Aaron Murray completes a pass 2 yards short of the EZ in the field of play and time runs out.   Bama goes on to crush ND for the Natty instead of us. 

But I am over it now.  Really, I am.  I really treasure that Capital One Bowl win over Nebraska instead.  It was almost as good as a Natty.

I can tell.😁

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I think the Chargers win the "I can't believe he was there for us." award for this round.

If the real draft falls this way, I hope the Jets aggressively try to trade up for DeVonta Smith.  He is the real deal, had to sprint to the podium when he was available 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Mac Jones is a perfect pick for the Pats

Teven Jenkins is an excellent pick for the Raiders who totally disassembled their oline this past year.

Farley?  I don't know man he is rated super high but off for a year then gets back surgery is a scary thing.  When did he hurt his back?  Why was this not taken care of in his off year if it was an issued a while back?  Or did he hurt it training.

• Upvote 1

I'm glad Smith got taken the pick before me, because then I'd have the dilemma of having to go BPA when I really don't need Smith. Darrishaw was the guy I wanted all along (and I wasn't expecting him to be there). He's actually my OT2 in this draft, and yes I like him more than Slater.

Sucks I'll have to now wait til the 3rd round to pick though

Looking at the spreadsheet - the last ranking system is called Kingdom Connekin

What the hell is that and how the hell did they come up with Trevor Lawrence as the 11th best prospect in the draft?

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Looking at the spreadsheet - the last ranking system is called Kingdom Connekin

What the hell is that and how the hell did they come up with Trevor Lawrence as the 11th best prospect in the draft?

I think their 3 principals are Idzik, Macc and Chris Simms.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.