JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the representative of the New York Jets in this illustrious mock draft, I believe it is my duty to provide my rationale and mindset when making decisions in this draft so to the best of my ability

Same as every year.  It’s the JN Catalina wine mixer

It took hours of negotiation and eventually I caved to exactly what @section314 wanted but I’m happy with the result. I looked up my big board and realized that I had a guy that was considered a top p

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

When did you become a GM ???

sorry i'm in a toxic mood and i hate toney in the first. Nothing personal to you. Hope you have a good draft and a team you feel good about. I'm done with this cease pool after the draft. 

24 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

Jacksonville looking to move down from #25. PM if interested.

How many picks did you have last year?  I think you set a record.

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

sorry i'm in a toxic mood and i hate toney in the first. Nothing personal to you. Hope you have a good draft and a team you feel good about. I'm done with this cease pool after the draft. 

Gave you Najee Harris -- didn't realize you would be online tonight to make your pick.

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Stfu

lol, you're really hanging onto that one eh? 

try not to be so sensitive. grudges are for real housewives.

17 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

A RB and Greg Rousseau in round 1

don ramon GIF by Grupo Chespirito

Would bet Rousseau not only goes in the 1st round, but will go in the first 15 picks.  He is the best edge rusher in the draft and would have been a top 5 pick if he played this season.

2 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Would bet Rousseau not only goes in the 1st round, but will go in the first 15 picks.  He is the best edge rusher in the draft and would have been a top 5 pick if he played this season.

I bet he last til at least mid round 2 and he’ll just not be a good edge.

• Upvote 1
Just now, kdels62 said:

Jaelan Phillips lasting to 25 is insane. The only regret I have with my trade up is Phillips lasting this long.

I don't know about that.  The injury history has to be a big concern.  He "medically  retired" a few years ago but decided to come back.  Not sure he goes in the first due to the meds.

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Jaelan Phillips lasting to 25 is insane. The only regret I have with my trade up is Phillips lasting this long.

He's a good player no doubt, but you made sure that you now have an anchor for the right side of the OL for 10 years, to go with Becton. on the left side for 10 years. I'd take what you did every time.

• Post of the Week 1
13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I think it’s nuts that you believe Rousseau is a reach at 25 but are lamenting that you could have had Jaelen Phillips there.  Rousseau is the much better prospect.

This is why the draft is great.  Two people can look at the same film and come away with drastically different evaluations.  Time will tell who is right.

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't know about that.  The injury history has to be a big concern.  He "medically  retired" a few years ago but decided to come back.  Not sure he goes in the first due to the meds.

If he checks out he’s the best edge in the class. I’d be surprised if he lasts beyond the top 15.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

If he checks out he’s the best edge in the class. I’d be surprised if he lasts beyond the top 15.

Not sure how you check out a history of concussions.  Great prospect, but multiple concussions scare me.  I will not be surprised wherever he goes, top 15 on talent or R2 due to medical history.

• Upvote 2

Hate the Jets trade up. Value in the 2nd round is too good. Not having 34 sucks. I probably would have done it for one of our 2nds next year, but I suspect the chart says it would cost a next years first to go from 23 to 9.

5 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Hate the Jets trade up. Value in the 2nd round is too good. Not having 34 sucks. I probably would have done it for one of our 2nds next year, but I suspect the chart says it would cost a next years first to go from 23 to 9.

I’d have parted with 86 and a second next year to avoid giving up 34 if I had access to next years picks.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

I think it’s nuts that you believe Rousseau is a reach at 25 but are lamenting that you could have had Jaelen Phillips there.  Rousseau is the much better prospect.

This is why the draft is great.  Two people can look at the same film and come away with drastically different evaluations.  Time will tell who is right.

I wouldn’t draft Rousseau until round 4 at the earliest so we’re far off on evaluation.

• Upvote 1

Was hoping Bateman or at least toney would have been there at 27 for the Ravens.  Decided ultimately to go edge. Good thing this isn’t real cause i wasn’t scared off by the injury history haha

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I’d have parted with 86 and a second next year to avoid giving up 34 if I had access to next years picks.

Would not surprise me at all if JD uses the 2 he got for Darnold and packages it with 23 to move up.  Number of picks we have give us a lot of flexibility.

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I tried several times to pull that trade off you got for Slater and was denied every time on the draft simulator. I proposed the deal and it said DENIED. Finally, I added a 3rd rounder to 23 & 34 and it finally went through. 

5 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I tried several times to pull that trade off you got for Slater and was denied every time on the draft simulator. I proposed the deal and it said DENIED. Finally, I added a 3rd rounder to 23 & 34 and it finally went through. 

I get it every time on TDN

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.