JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

1 minute ago, section314 said:

@Wonderboynice pick. Good start in replacing Geno Atkins.

Thanks homie. Was thinking CB or WR Marshall but Higgins was picked last year and is basically a Marshall clone who's great value BUT Greenie swiped him just before me BUT I wouldn't have taken him anyways since I'm looking for more of a joystick type WR ala Tyrek Hill to go along with Higgins. Barmore was ranked 19th so this is insane value as well.  LETS GO METS!!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Thanks homie. Was thinking CB or WR Marshall but Higgins was picked last year and is basically a Marshall clone who's great value BUT Greenie swiped him just before me BUT I wouldn't have taken him anyways since I'm looking for more of a joystick type WR ala Tyrek Hill to go along with Higgins. Barmore was ranked 19th so this is insane value as well.  LETS GO METS!!!!!!

I likethe Barmore pick.  Was hoping that maybe the Jet fan aversion to DTs might allow him to drop to late 2.  Didn't think it would happen though.  And it didn't.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I likethe Barmore pick.  Was hoping that maybe the Jet fan aversion to DTs might allow him to drop to late 2.  Didn't think it would happen though.  And it didn't.

5 QBs, 7 OL, 5 WRs all gone in the first round. I wonder whats on the mind of Jets fans.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

5 QBs, 7 OL, 5 WRs all gone in the first round. I wonder whats on the mind of Jets fans.

Best value in these drafts are usually the positons that the Jets don't need or Jet fans don't value.  Although we kind of need everything, so I am not sure that helps this year.

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

Best value in these drafts are usually the positons that the Jets don't need or Jet fans don't value.  Although we kind of need everything, so I am not sure that helps this year.

Are you guys totally of the belief that we are taking Wilson? I still have my doubts. Just like I have doubts that 5 qb's are going in the first round.

4 hours ago, Lith said:

RB late first to a contender makes a lot of sense to me. 

They are generally more productive early in their careers before they get beat up.  You get a guy who can make an immediate contribution to a good team on a 4 year rookie contract with a 5th year option.  Then you let him walk in FA for a comp pick while a team (like the Jets) overpays to watch his decline on a 2nd contract.

Absolutely 

35 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thx, He’s vastly improved and is just BEASTLY

If the Jets want a good offensive lineman, they are going to have to get one at #23 - there will be an ungodly run on good OLs in the mid-late 1st round and after that, you are looking for a diamond in the rough

MAYBE you can wait until #34, but that's pushing it

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Here are my 1st round mock grades - no disrespect intended to anyone, just my opinion

1 JAX Jacksonville Jaguars NY Jets Vets 91 Trevor Lawrence Clemson A
2 NYJ New York Jets kdels62 Zach Wilson BYU A
3 SF San Francisco 49ers Greenbean Justin Fields Ohio St. A-
4 ATL Atlanta Falcons JetLife33 Trey Lance North Dak St. B  
5 CIN Cincinnati Bengals Wonderboy Penei Sewell Oregon A-
6 MIA Miami Dolphins Beerfish Kyle Pitts Florida A
7 DET Detroit Lions Oatmeal Ja'Marr Chase LSU B+
8 CAR Carolina Panthers JiF Jaylen Waddle Alabama B+
9 NYJ New York Jets kdels62 Rashawn Slater Northwestern A
10 MIA Miami Dolphins Beerfish Patrick Surtain II Alabama B+
11 NYG New York Giants T0m Shane Micah Parsons Penn St. B
12 PHI Philadelphia Eagles Greenseed4 Jaycee Horn South Carolina B+
13 LAC Los Angeles Chargers WhartonJet DeVonta Smith Alabama B+
14 MIN MInnesota Vikings KingP Christian Darrisaw Virginia Tech B+
15 NE New England Patriots High Pitch Mac Jones Alabama B
16 ARI Arizona Cardinals Matt39 Azeez Ojulari Georgia A-
17 LV Las Vegas Raiders RedBeardedSavage Teven Jenkins Oklahoma St. B
18 DAL Dallas Cowboys Dcat Caleb Farley Virginia Tech A
19 WAS Washington Football Team Choon328 Kwity Paye Michigan A
20 CHI Chicago Bears HawkeyeJet Alijah Vera-Tucker USC A
21 IND Indianapolis Colts Integrity28 Rashod Bateman Minnesota C
22 TEN Tennessee Titans Sam Sam He's Our Man Kadarius Toney Florida C
23 DEN Denver Broncos Section314 Zaven Collins Tulsa C+
24 PIT Pittsburgh Steelers Paradis Najee Harris Alabama B
25 LAC Los Angeles Chargers WhartonJet Gregory Rousseau Miami (Fla.) C
26 CLE Cleveland Browns BroadwayBen Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah Notre Dame A
27 BAL Baltimore Ravens HeyMangold Jaelan Phillips Miami (Fla.) B
28 NO New Orleans Saints 32eboozer Trevon Moehrig TCU A
29 GB Green Bay Packers Lith Greg Newsome II Northwestern B
30 BUF Buffalo Bills New York Mick Wyatt Davis Ohio St. C-
31 KC Kansas City Chiefs jdub03 Liam Eichenberg Notre Dame C-
32 TB Tampa Bay Buccaneers IndianaJet Travis Etienne Clemson A

pleased to have a nice grade, but my trade down for Farley comes with risk.  Probably should have stayed and grabbed Surtain.  In retrospect, I wasn't thinking straight because I almost lost out on all 3 of the top corners and would have had to move up in rd 2 to get newsome or the like.  Greedy for that extra pick, I was.  Glad I got Caleb.  He hasn't played in a while.  But neither has Horn.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If the Jets want a good offensive lineman, they are going to have to get one at #23 - there will be an ungodly run on good OLs in the mid-late 1st round and after that, you are looking for a diamond in the rough

agree

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Just me, maybe, but that sounds like Creed Humphrey territory.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jdub03 said:

Looks like I need to step up my game. With KC being a Championship level team, I wanted to insert a plug and play starter rather than a more boom or bust pick.  He had very good testing numbers at his Proday that scouts weren't expecting to see.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/college/notredame/.amp/football/notre-dame-nfl-draft-liam-eichenberg-answers-questions

I like the pick. Eichenberg is a steady unspectacular play who has a high floor. He just does the thing and he does it well.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I agree.  I think 23 is the spot.  Draft is deep in OL, but after grabbing our new QB at 2, nothing is more important than protecting him.  Take the OL at 23, and if the CBs are off the board by 34, so be it.  Cannot take a risk on the OL.  Either make the pick at 23, or even move up if you have to shipping off next year's 2 to move up 4-6 spots if someone drops.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don;t see the picks so far being tuned to what 'Jet fans' want (due to our needs), moreso what smart fans want.

It's really putting yourself into the mind of the team you are representing, and doing your homework. For Denver, QB is listed as need #1, but I wasn't going to trade 40% of our draft to go up and get Trey Lance or Mac Jones. Shoot me first. They desperately need a RT, and a LB to play various roles in the middle of their 3-4 defense. That's why I worked so hard to get the trade done with the Jets, so I could get two guys that will be starters at those spots. Who knows how long Von Miller will be there going forward, and Chubb is going into his last year of his rookie deal, thus the Ossai pick. It's just really cool looking at this stuff from a non-Jets perspective.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Nobody wants to read a hypothetical rationale, but I drafted Cosmi because Andrew Thomas struggled at OLT and Matt Peart is the starting ORT, Thank you. 

I love rationale  I actually love to spell the word rationale.   Terrible pick though.  Your rationale stinks!  ?

• Haha 1

Surprised Carman there.  I think he is underrated.  Had him higher than both Cosmi and Leatherwood.  One of the many little reasons why Trevor Lawrence is a slam dunk #1.  He's a road grader in run blocking abilities which Zeke Elliott sorely needs and another way to help Dak move around too, whether they use him as a tackle or at guard (played tackle 100% at Clemson).  He did a fine job keeping Lawrence upright.  Geez a match made in heaven.  I was thinking  of trading up to get him but Leatherneck and Kosmo Kramer went first.  :)

Also, I think he'd be gone with the next pick... on his way to protect Trevor for the next 10 years.  Nope.  Seriously, I hope the Jets consider him. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

@GREENBEAN  turn your notices on

haha. I wish I could. The JN App never works rght for me. It never has.  Even with my new Iphone 12 I can't see. notifications at all.  Even manually I can't see them from my phone. So I have to scroll through everything to see wtf is going on. ??

Its ok now. I'm around.  I just mixed up the time with the first rd. I came before it started and then I came back when it was way passed my pick.  Lith did good though.  Fields is who I was gonna take.  Or Lance.