JetNation 2021 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

Stokes was going to be my 3rd round pick. Kid is a playa.  Great pick.

Yeah like I said, I know it's a bit of a reach but CB is our number one need and I know he's not making it to our next pick.  So screw it! lol 

I like him. He's gonna need some refinement but the goods are in the bag. 

This mock shows there will be good players to be had - many with 1st round grades or at least possible 1st rounders - up through the Jets pick in the 3rd round #66.  After that, it might be more hit or miss, but the Jets should come away with Wilson and 3 other potential starters with their top 4 picks

Sort of a rambling way for me to say, I think there will be strong value for the Jets at #66

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

This mock shows there will be good players to be had - many with 1st round grades or at least possible 1st rounders - up through the Jets pick in the 3rd round #66.  After that, it might be more hit or miss, but the Jets should come away with Wilson and 3 other potential starters with their top 4 picks

Sort of a rambling way for me to say, I think there will be strong value for the Jets at #66

Went down about 22 guys still available and I could see 9 guys we could take.Honestly, we need so much, you could probably say this through the end of the 5th rd.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

In a different year with a different set of needs, Jamin Davis is a guy I would love for the Jets to take.  Some of my favorite players ever on the college and pro level are just ultra twitchy seek and destroy, chase you down linebackers.

Good pick @RedBeardedSavage

Thanks.

I think dude's athleticism is going to have him drafted well before it's responsible for us take him.

But goddam he's freakish.

It's not crazy to think Saleh and Ulbrich could mold him into something special. 

• Upvote 1

Moving awfully slowly today.  Only 6 picks made so far.  Please remember to send a list of picks to multiple mods (Dcat, New York Mick, NYJetsVets91 & me) if your pick is coming up and you will be offline for a while. 

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Alright, so the board fell very well for me and my targets until this last run on CBs. I was worried that’d I’d miss out on the tier of talent but  one of my top guys was sitting on the board and I decided that waiting was too risky. I knew Paradis was fond of this guy too so I figured this was the jump I had to make after Samuel came off the board. 

Joseph could be the best CB in this draft and he has elite traits and aggression but he a bit of a head case. He’s a first rounder for me so getting him at this spot is a dream come true. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Alright, so the board fell very well for me and my targets until this last run on CBs. I was worried that’d I’d miss out on the tier of talent but  one of my top guys was sitting on the board and I decided that waiting was too risky. I knew Paradis was fond of this guy too so I figured this was the jump I had to make after Samuel came off the board. 

Joseph could be the best CB in this draft and he has elite traits and aggression but he a bit of a head case. He’s a first rounder for me so getting him at this spot is a dream come true. 

Glad I could help. I was weight him vs. 2 other players that didn't get picked yet. 

Rolling the dice a bit. :)

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

He’s the last first rounder I had left on my board. Not worth the chance.

lol, i don't have a board - i do have guys i want, but not enough picks to get them

something had to give, i like the trade for the colts - on paper both picks are 3rd and 4th rounders, but they might as well be late 2nd and 3rd, which was my goal

:)

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, section314 said:

Nice pick. Figured that was the position you were trading up to address. The Huskies had some real talent on their D. Two studs on the D line just taken, and a couple more other guys still on the board.

Thanks, I tried getting ahead of Buffalo to pick my 1st choice of the remaining edges, but that didn't workout.

16 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Nice pick. I had him and Jones on the top of my list. I don’t have a 4th so I’m trying to get capital to get one. 

Thanks, I had both as my top two remaining as well. I figured it was highly likely you'd take one, and the extra 5th was worth it to me to grab my top choice. I still have several mid rounders. Nice pick of Patrick Jones.

Tried to give Radunz away earlier for a missed pick, but I got outvoted -- thanks guys.  Didn't think he would make it to 62. 

WIth Bakhtiari coming off an ACL in December and Rick Wagner being released, the Packers may be looking at Jared Veldheer and Billy Turner as starting tackles.  There is some talk in GB about moving Elgton Jenkins to one of the tackle positions. I wanted to add a rookie to the mix, was surprised that Radunz was still there.

• Upvote 2