JetNation 2021 Mock Draft SELECTIONS only

Dcat

With the 256th pick in the 2021 Jet Nation Mock Draft, the Green Bay Packers select, CB (and special teams stud) Avery Williams, Boise State.  4 ST touchdowns (2 KR, 2 PR) and two blocked punts, returned by teammates for TDs in 7 games this year; 9 TDs on ST in his career. 

The next Devin Hester? Or the next Trenton Cannon?

Avery Williams is Boise State's spark on special teams | Idaho Statesman

@BroadwayBen is on the clock, followed by

@Beerfish on deck and

@IndianaJet to close us out.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Lith said:

With the 256th pick in the 2021 Jet Nation Mock Draft, the Green Bay Packers select, CB (and special teams stud) Avery Williams, Boise State.  4 ST touchdowns (2 KR, 2 PR) and two blocked punts, returned by teammates for TDs in 7 games this year; 9 TDs on ST in his career. 

The next Devin Hester? Or the next Trenton Cannon?

Avery Williams is Boise State's spark on special teams | Idaho Statesman

@BroadwayBen is on the clock, followed by

@Beerfish on deck and

@IndianaJet to close us out.

Wasn't Kyle Wilson from Boise??

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Wasn't Kyle Wilson from Boise??

Yes, but this guy is not being drafted to play corner.  Was an RB in high school, and from what I have read, a few teams are looking at him as potential RB.  Either way his value will be on special teams.  KR, PR, gunner.  9 return TDs at Boise.  5 blocked kicks.  And a forced fumble.  And if it is a wasted pick, he is a R7 guy.  

Avery Williams in R7 >>>> Kyle Wilson in R1.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

That's a wrap.  17 days, 259 picks:

Top 3 schools: 10 players each from Bama and Notre Dame.  9 from Georgia.  I would have picked Malik Herring for someone in R7 had I relaized that just so as not to lose to Bama in something...

By poisition:  42 WRs 33 CBs and 27 OTs were top 3 positions.

And just like last year, @NYJetsVets91 made the most picks with 14 for Jax.  One more than @King P who took 13 for the Vikings.

Other end of the spectrum was Seattle who had just two picks by @Sarge4Tide.  But Sarge also picked for the Rams over the last 4 or 5 rounds.

Thanks to all who participated.  As always, was a lot of fun to do, but after moderating this for the last two and a half weeks, I am glad it is over.

And somehow, through it all, I have managed to keep my day job despite the amount of time devoted to this thing over the last 2+ weeks.

You are the best. Thanks. Honestly, hope when all this stuff is over, I finally get to meet you. No need to wait for the grades, my Broncos nailed it.?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, section314 said:

You are the best. Thanks. Honestly, hope when all this stuff is over, I finally get to meet you. No need to wait for the grades, my Broncos nailed it.?

Thanks.  I will probably be in once, maybe twice, during the season for games.  Maybe we will get a chance to meet up then.  Nice to be able to think about travelling an going to games again.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Lith said:

Top 3 schools: 10 players each from Bama and Notre Dame.  9 from Georgia.  I would have picked Malik Herring for someone in R7 had I relaized that just so as not to lose to Bama in something...

And just like last year, @NYJetsVets91 made the most picks with 14 for Jax.  One more than @King P who took 13 for the Vikings.

Other end of the spectrum was Seattle who had just two picks by @Sarge4Tide.  But Sarge also picked for the Rams over the last 4 or 5 rounds.

Thanks to all who participated.  As always, was a lot of fun to do, but after moderating this for the last two and a half weeks, I am glad it is over.

And somehow, through it all, I have managed to keep my day job despite the amount of time devoted to this thing over the last 2+ weeks.

^ This, I had to sneak in my personal laptop and spend way more time than I should have checking in on the draft.

Woohoooo back to back trade down champ. @King P gave me a run.. I did trade up once this time for Amon-Ra St.Brown. That's why I like rolling with the Jags back to back years, they always have a lot of draft ammo to make moves.

4 hours ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

^ This, I had to sneak in my personal laptop and spend way more time than I should have checking in on the draft.

Advantages of working from home.  Nobody walking by my desk to see if I am working or checking on the draft.

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Looney Tunes Nothing To See Here GIF

Big thanks to our organizers and participants! 

Yes id like to say thanks for all the effort that was put in by you guys. Well, except for dcat. He was very mean to me and had zero patience. Lith, you are a gem. Uga! Magic mushroom athens ga good times in the late 80s

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Yes id like to say thanks for all the effort that was put in by you guys. Well, except for dcat. He was very mean to me and had zero patience. Lith, you are a gem. Uga! Magic mushroom athens ga good times in the late 80s

You're even late giving feedback.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, New York Mick said:

FA •

TE - Quintin Morris, Bowling Green

WR - Jonathan Adams Jr, Arkansas State

ED - Jordan Smith, UAB

CB - Robert Rochell, Cen Ark

I drafted Jordan Smith for the Cowboys, rd 4.  Rochell also went  late round 4.  But yeah, there are a bunch of interesting prospects there.

17 hours ago, Lith said:

The real important stat is who had the most “missed picks” or removed from the selection process?
Angry Black Friday GIF by Buyout Footage

10 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

The real important stat is who had the most “missed picks” or removed from the selection process?
Angry Black Friday GIF by Buyout Footage

It's not the 'most' missed picks.  It's the various excuses given for it.

Through the years there have been some beauties.  How about my first year joining in when I had the overall #1.  I totally forgot the draft was on.  I made my pick three hours after the clock started.  For the first pick of the draft.  My initial reaction... "well how can you complain when I used the full three hours"?  LOL.  that was bad.  Truth was I forgot and I just happened to check in while on a break only to see poor beerfish in a rare total meltdown.  

One of the good ones this year was "getting the 2nd Covid shot".  I guess one of the unspoken negative effects of the covid shot is an inability to submit a short list of players a few hours before you leave for your shot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2021 at 12:51 PM, NYJetsVets91 said:

Woohoooo back to back trade down champ. @King P gave me a run.. I did trade up once this time for Amon-Ra St.Brown. That's why I like rolling with the Jags back to back years, they always have a lot of draft ammo to make moves.

Your challenge for next year, shoudl you choose to accept it, is to take whatever team has the fewest picks and see what you can turn that into.  Taking Jacksonville with multple 1s and 2s and turniing it into 14 picks is one thing.  Take a team like the Rams, who usually trade half their picks away and see how many you can turn that into.  I still think you would get to double figures.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It's not the 'most' missed picks.  It's the various excuses given for it.

To me, its not even the excuses.  Part  of it is needing to drop what we may be doing and having to take the time to try to make a reasonable pick to keep things moving.  And then what really gets to me is the whining if someone doesn't like the pick we give them.  Even though we had a few more missed picks than usual this year, the whining was not too bad.

25 minutes ago, Lith said:

To me, its not even the excuses.  Part  of it is needing to drop what we may be doing and having to take the time to try to make a reasonable pick to keep things moving.  And then what really gets to me is the whining if someone doesn't like the pick we give them.  Even though we had a few more missed picks than usual this year, the whining was not too bad.

All-time whine:   "It wouldn't take so long if there was some easy way of telling what players are still available!"

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lith said:

Your challenge for next year, shoudl you choose to accept it, is to take whatever team has the fewest picks and see what you can turn that into.  Taking Jacksonville with multple 1s and 2s and turniing it into 14 picks is one thing.  Take a team like the Rams, who usually trade half their picks away and see how many you can turn that into.  I still think you would get to double figures.

Hmm, it's an interesting challenge.. You could turn a few mid/late picks into 10 6th and 7th rounders. haha. No I actually take this seriously and it goes along with how I would actually approach a draft since I believe it's largely a crap shoot, even with how much research and analytics are done. If I was actually a GM I would definitely be someone who likes to stockpile picks unless there's a guy I can't pass on, hence why I traded up for St.Brown.

• Upvote 1