• Trade down select another QB
    • Trade down select positional player
  2. 2. WHAT do you think WILL happen at Pick #2

• Draft Wilson at 2
    • Draft Different QB at 2
    • Draft a positional player at 2
    • Trade down select another QB
    • Trade down select positional player

With all the talk about #2 just interested to see where people stand?

In the poll drafting a positional player assumes we stick with Sam. I did not include the obscure option of trading and selecting a Mills or Mond

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

In the poll drafting a positional player assumes we stick with Sam. I did not include the obscure option of trading and selecting a Mills or Mond

I think you know what my feelings are on the matter but for the sake of the conversation I'll repeat.....

I think the Jets should go all in with Sammy and trade down out of 2. Get a true offensive star to help Sammy and FIX THE OL!! Draft a QB in this draft from the second tier (Trask, Mond) to challenge Sammy in training camp. Douglas has the picks right now, in this draft to accomplish everything.

We'll also have enough ammunition to trade up and grab a QB next year or even in 2023 If we decide it's necessary.

That's what I want to happen. What I think will happen is:

Douglas will draft Wilson and may or may not keep Sammy.....

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

I have visions of draft picks dancing in my head, but I expect Wilson to be the pick. Only two things can derail it at this point, IMO; either a huge offer for the pick, or an unexpected red flag at the Indy physicals. 

I'm fine either way. JD is obviously being as thorough and deliberate as he possibly can about the selection that has the potential to make or break his career. If/when the Jets select Wilson, I'll be on board. 

Where is the choice for blow this thread to bits ( and all threads like it). No offense to the Op intended. I get there’s nothing else going on- but this lead up to the draft this year has been brutal. Same thread over and over and over- just spun in a slightly different way.

Want to see a trade down for Mac Jones plus more picks, with Darnold, Morgan and Jones fighting it out in camp. 

Expecting it will be Wilson.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Those nine people couldn’t pick Zach Wilson out of a lineup filled with Megan Rapinoe clones

1                                                                        2                                                    3

Lets Go Eating GIF by BYU Cougarsmarried with children 80s tv GIF by absurdnoise=Megan Rapinoe Election GIF by When We All Vote

In other news why do they have the prospects act like they know sign language? WTF is Zach doing?

• Haha 2

Just listened to PFF and I have a feeling Denver will hold the key to all this, they have the roster to challenge right now and it depends and if they see Sam or the Number 2 pick as the part that's is missing on their team.

• Upvote 1

I take the QB this year since I'm at #2 knowing I won't have to trade 3 firsts round picks next year to get back to #2. That way I'll have the extra first round picks available over the next few years to continue adding talent to the team. As long as they draft oline this year and fill the gaps on that line the rookie qb will be fine. Unless people really want to have trade up, using multiple first round picks, next year or the year after when Sam doesn't just get it in year four or five. It isn't all on Sam the way things have played out, but he isn't blameless either.

• Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I don't hate Wilson, but I think the team would be better served trading down for multiple picks.

A haul of 3 first and 2nd rounders could genuinely help the team, there are just so many holes.

Jets already have 2 1sts and 2 3rds this year and 2 1sts next year. I am not saying this team couldn't use even more premium picks to rebuild this roster, but a good roster without a franchise QB ends up looking like the Mark Sanchez era. 

Assuming the Jets are convinced that Wilson is that franchise QB you have to take him. If they simply like him as the next best guy after Lawrence then, yeah, they should trade down. T

• Upvote 4
8 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Just listened to PFF and I have a feeling Denver will hold the key to all this, they have the roster to challenge right now and it depends and if they see Sam or the Number 2 pick as the part that's is missing on their team.

I think the Jets plan is to take Wilson, but would be interesting if JD's decision not to trade early with the Niners has greatly increased the value of the #2 pick because now if the Broncos only like 3 QBs, they MUST trade with the Jets. 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

With 49ers and Eagles both wanting to get to #2 and could not indicates it is likely the pick is Wilson at #2.

• Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, slats said:

I have visions of draft picks dancing in my head, but I expect Wilson to be the pick. Only two things can derail it at this point, IMO; either a huge offer for the pick, or an unexpected red flag at the Indy physicals. 

if there is a red flag in Zach Wilson's physicals, it won't be unexpected

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think the Jets plan is to take Wilson, but would be interesting if JD's decision not to trade early with the Niners has greatly increased the value of the #2 pick because now if the Broncos only like 3 QBs, they MUST trade with the Jets. 

I don't think the Panters are players for #2, I think they will wait out the Watson dilemma and roll it again with Bridgewater. The broncos fans and front office are still unsure about Lock and only have Von Miller for another year. Be interesting to see what they do in the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Look at this ******* guy. It’s like the douchey rich kid from The Goonies. 

E241C26A-D9F0-4F09-8777-907D1D835F0F.gif

It’s refreshing to have a different type of personality as the face of the team.

IMO he plays like a guy hungry to make it to the NFL with his “leave all on the field” play style and not like rich brat. 

Im going out on a limb here and saying that I don't care what they do at the draft as it related to what I think. I want them to come up with a strategy that they believe in, with or without Darnold, and execute on it. The only hope is that we finally have competent people in charge from JD to Saleh to the coaching staff. If they do, the Jets will be in good shape, if they don't, it largely doesn't matter what they do.

None of us will know the answer to this on or before the draft, let alone likely until next season at earliest. So I will sit back and listen to all of you experts debate the points and enjoy your commentary.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

It’s refreshing to have a different type of personality as the face of the team.

Yeah, it’ll be cool to not have a West Coast cottage-cheese soft dudebro with injury concerns as the face of the team for once.

10 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

I don't think the Panters are players for #2, I think they will wait out the Watson dilemma and roll it again with Bridgewater. The broncos fans and front office are still unsure about Lock and only have Von Miller for another year. Be interesting to see what they do in the next few weeks.

Instead of a trade up for Denver I really like the idea of using Sam as part of a move from 23 to 9. We would get a Top 5 or 6 guy there, and have the option to trade up again if someone we really like falls.

Outside of QB there are like 6 elite offensive picks in the draft, at least 1 will be there, possibly 3 Sewell, Slater, Chase, Waddle, Deontay, Pitts

• Upvote 2

I have a question: why aren’t we hearing leaks from other teams about other QBs? Allegedly the Jets and 49ers love Wilson, but we haven’t heard any leaks about any other teams with any of the other QB prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk