• Trade down select positional player
  2. 2. WHAT do you think WILL happen at Pick #2

• Draft Wilson at 2
    • Draft Different QB at 2
    • Draft a positional player at 2
    • Trade down select another QB
    • Trade down select positional player

1 minute ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Easy there tiger, he’s probably the future Jet QB. 

8DA7127D-392A-4BCE-93B3-361E7A8C3664.gif

Fortunately for us, that future is normally 36 months long

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Would prefer Fields. Think it will be Dimples. I would honestly love a trade with SF to 3 and take the guy they don't. Especially if it gets us a......haul. I'm pretty comfortable with Wilson though, at this point. Watched much more of him than Coastal Carolina and the Boca Raton Bowl. He's a quality prospect and I can see the excitement. With Darnold being the obvious alternative, I just want a QB at 2(3).

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I picked draft Wilson on both because I assume that is what is going to happen but I want the team to draft whichever available QB the new coaching staff thinks is best suited to the system and most likely to develop into a long term option. I think Wilson is probably the best option out there (given my lack of desire to see another big college program QB drafted in the first round) but I don't have a strong opinion that he's a lock to become a franchise QB either. 

As much as I would like to see the team also deal with the many holes in the roster which could be helped by trading down the team shouldn't give up this opportunity. This is a draft with a lot of QB options. I would hope next year the team isn't close to drafting at #2. If the team has to trade up to get a QB next year then it is just trading out several picks this year for several picks next year. That really only makes sense if the coaching staff likes a probable QB pick next year over any of the options this year or really, really loves Darnold enough to want to give him a full year to play with no other reasonable replacement on the roster.

7 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I have a question: why aren’t we hearing leaks from other teams about other QBs? Allegedly the Jets and 49ers love Wilson, but we haven’t heard any leaks about any other teams with any of the other QB prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the Jets and 49ers can make their choice. The Panthers aren't going to be leaking sh*t picking behind like 4 other teams after pick 3. And the Bengals and Dolphins are set with their QBs.

9 minutes ago, freestater said:

Would prefer Fields. Think it will be Dimples. I would honestly love a trade with SF to 3 and take the guy they don't. Especially if it gets us a......haul. I'm pretty comfortable with Wilson though, at this point. Watched much more of him than Coastal Carolina and the Boca Raton Bowl. He's a quality prospect and I can see the excitement. With Darnold being the obvious alternative, I just want a QB at 2(3).

It wouldn't be a haul. The last time teams swapped that high was the Niners and Bears and the Niners got like 2 3rd rounders 

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Look at this ******* guy. It’s like the douchey rich kid from The Goonies. 

E241C26A-D9F0-4F09-8777-907D1D835F0F.gif

Actually I think that kid was a little bigger 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Actually I think that kid was a little bigger 

I just looked it up, and the character of Troy was played by Steve Antin, who is listed at 5’8” tall. Zach Wilson is roughly 5’10 1/2”, so Wilson gets the nod here, slightly. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I just looked it up, and the character of Troy was played by Steve Antin, who is listed at 5’8” tall. Zach Wilson is roughly 5’10 1/2”, so Wilson gets the nod here, slightly. 

That dudes 62, prolly shrunk couple inches. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sloth was played by John Matuszak. I did not know that

I think we're going to trade down with San Fran. Both teams get what they wanted. San Fran gets Wilson. We get Pitts and San Fran's #43.

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

1                                                                        2                                                    3

Lets Go Eating GIF by BYU Cougarsmarried with children 80s tv GIF by absurdnoise=Megan Rapinoe Election GIF by When We All Vote

In other news why do they have the prospects act like they know sign language? WTF is Zach doing?

i was thinking the same thing.  zach wilson looks exactly like amanda bearse.

55 minutes ago, genot said:

I think we're going to trade down with San Fran. Both teams get what they wanted. San Fran gets Wilson. We get Pitts and San Fran's #43.

I think a deal does in fact happen we get #3 and #43 and a player  but we choose a QB Fields-Jones-Lance. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I think a deal does in fact happen we get #3 and #43 and a player  but we choose a QB Fields-Jones-Lance. 

I can't wait until the draft. Jeez.

• Haha 1

It's kind of hard to do this poll without knowing what could be offered for #2. If Carolina offered us 3 first-round picks (2021 #8, 2022 #TBD, 2023 #TBD) and a second-round pick (2021 #39), I'm trading down.

I'm assuming that offer won't be made, so I'd personally stay at #2 and take Zach Wilson, who in my opinion is the best QB in the draft. While all the info points to it not happening, I'm on board with entering 2021 with both Darnold and Wilson on the roster. I hate the narrative that you have to pick one to be your "face of the franchise"... BS. There's no need to make this emotional. You draft Zach with the belief that he'll eventually be your QB; make him unseat Darnold. If both he and Darnold look really well in TC and the PS, there's going to be a team who considers overpaying for Sam, or you can just start him for the 2021 season and see what happens thereafter. 

Draft picks are valuable, but a 3rd round pick doesn't push the needle for me. I'd rather let Sam walk and collect a comp pick in 2023 than trade for a 3rd, assuming that's the market. I see more value in having him as a stop-gap with future trade potential than as a trade chip who nets less than a 2nd round pick.  

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Instead of a trade up for Denver I really like the idea of using Sam as part of a move from 23 to 9. We would get a Top 5 or 6 guy there, and have the option to trade up again if someone we really like falls.

Outside of QB there are like 6 elite offensive picks in the draft, at least 1 will be there, possibly 3 Sewell, Slater, Chase, Waddle, Deontay, Pitts

Would be a good move to use the #23, Sam, and maybe a fourth or less round pick to move up from 23 to get a top guy if you can.

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Would be a good move to use the #23, Sam, and maybe a fourth or less round pick to move up from 23 to get a top guy if you can.

Well after today's news pretty obvious what happens at #2, decent trade but I liked a pick swap more

• Upvote 1