Darnold to the Panthers

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

I would bet that CAR offered a 3rd this year and JD turned it down and preferred a 2nd next year. With their QB situation I don't blame him. That can be a very high 2 next year. 

JD is here for a long time. He knows it. He has no issue "Settling" on future picks. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ugh.  Zachapono is confirmed.

******* Jets. 

what a disaster 

You should be happy. It is a completely new era. If the Jets had traded down I would embrace whatever their decision was whether I agreed or not.  Revisit in a couple years and see if you were right but root hard for Wilson

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

For that return, would have been smarter to keep him.

Basically, the same stupid mistake we made trading Teddy B for peanuts, before we knew what we had in Sam.

Watch Carolina turn Sam around for a 1st next spring.

If Sam is worth  a first next spring Carolina isn’t sending him anywhere.  they’d be signing him long-term. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Even though I was not confident in him being our long-term QB, he's still talented and was a great guy to have around. Gonna miss him.

Sam was a linebacker in high school and apparently upset when he wasn't allowed to play D anymore. Carolina is interested in him as a LB, thats the word. 

• Haha 1

Just now, InstantClassic said:

Not many people factoring in we would be on the hook for $25 million next year. I’m sorry..I like Sam a lot. But he’s not good enough to warrant that price tag when we have so many holes to fill. 

it's often ignored in analyzing the options.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

that's a good deal, next year the jets have 2 1st and 2 2nds and 2 4ths.

Yes.  I've had discussions with people too that I believe picks next year are almost as valuable as this year for one specific reason.  First, remember that you usually discount picks one round for each year in the future.  So trading a 2nd this year is usually equal to trading a 3rd rounder next year.   At least that's how the value charts usually factor it.  BUT, with the evaluation process hampered this year, with guys like Trey Lance playing ONE single football game, with many top 20 picks not even playing football this year, with no true Combine, etc. I think there's variability and more risk this year with guys you're taking.  I'd submit that a team will know much better what kind of guy they're getting in next year's Draft after seeing him play a true full season and having a real Combine.  Just my take.

• Upvote 4