Darnold to the Panthers

Kid never had a chance here. No weapons, no line, awful coaches. He has never been the greatest decision maker but I believe he could’ve done big things for the Jets. Rooting for him in Carolina. Will it really be any different with Wilson or Fields if we can’t get the rest of the roster together? No and we’ll be doing it all over again in 3 years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Kid never had a chance here. No weapons, no line, awful coaches. He has never been the greatest decision maker but I believe he could’ve done big things for the Jets. Rooting for him in Carolina. Will it really be any different with Wilson or Fields if we can’t get the rest of the roster together? No and we’ll be doing it all over again in 3 years. 

True. Its everyones fault but Sam's. Hey, he is going to Carolina now. He will have that burner, Robby Anderson I think is his name. 

not me bg GIF by Hotstar

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, can we imagine for a moment a scenario where this is actually a 2-stage trade.

Sam to Carolina now, for whatever those picks were. Then, when Carolina is on the clock there's a package in place to basically return those picks and give them #23 to move up to #8. Essentially making it Darnold + #23 for #8.

All contingent on Pitts being there for us or not.

I'd need new undees if we pulled that off and got Pitts

• Upvote 1

Just now, GreekJet said:

You are wrong. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. 

This package is probably the equivalent of 2021 3rd and 5th. 

There is nuance here.

The Jets are in a serious rebuild.  Their cupboard is bare.  Having a 2 next year, for the situation the Jets are in, is far more valuable than a 3 this year.

Might not be that way for a contending team...but right now, it's the better move.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Macc's 2018 draft class.  lmao.

• 1.3:  QB Sam Darnold (traded after 3 seasons)
  • 3.72:  DT Nathan Shepherd (Now a 30 year old rotational DT)
  • 4.107:  TE Chris Herndon (TE who can't catch passes)
  • 6.179:  CB Parry Nickerson (appeared in 5 games for 2 different teams 2019-20)
  • 6.180:  DT Folorunso Fatukasi (Macc's 2nd best draft pick in his tenure)
  • 6.204:  RB Trenton Cannon (decent kick returner in Carolina)

Nathan Shepherd Is 27, but the rest is pretty accurate.

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

So you rather have a 2nd rounder with less scouting, no combine, less workouts, etc. than one where you'll have all of that? What's the rush to make that pick this year?

Yes I would rather have a 2nd rounder this year that We can use on an OL to protect Wilson vs having that pick a year after he tears a labrum because we couldn’t protect him

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Between the next two drafts, we have 21 picks. Since there's usually 7 picks per draft, we basically have a full extra draft class coming in.

Of those 21 picks, none are later than the 6th round. 10 are in the first 3 rounds of each draft - or more than a full extra draft class of premium picks.

If this team isn't contending for championships in 2024 and beyond, it's a failure.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

Just now, QB1 said:

Yes I would rather have a 2nd rounder this year that We can use on an OL to protect Wilson vs having that pick a year after he tears a labrum because we couldn’t protect him

We can draft an OL in the second round this year and do a better job of scouting next year. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

There is nuance here.

The Jets are in a serious rebuild.  Their cupboard is bare.  Having a 2 next year, for the situation the Jets are in, is far more valuable than a 3 this year.

Might not be that way for a contending team...but right now, it's the better move.

I agree that a second next year may have SLIGHTLY more value and that third this year... but the idea that a 2nd next year has more value than a 2nd this year is absurd. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, pointman said:

True. Its everyones fault but Sam's. Hey, he is going to Carolina now. He will have that burner, Robby Anderson I think is his name. 

not me bg GIF by Hotstar

I didn’t say that it wasn’t all his fault in fact I acknowledged that I thought he was a poor decision maker however he didn’t exactly have an easy situation in his three years here. To be honest the rest of the team was a total clown show. 

Zach Wilson just got a lot of haters, who are going to compare Sam and Zach all season long even though Sam is in a better situation for success with C-mac lol. This is how it always is on team message boards. Fans of the guy that got Jettisoned (Pun intended), lurk/troll the guy who is his successor.

• Upvote 1

The crying and the "I am sad", "The Panthers are my 2nd favorite team now" and 'I'll miss him" are so effing embarrassing.  He's not your friend, he's not your family member.  He's a dude that plays on your "alleged" favorite team who never lived up to his hype as the #3 pick in the draft for a multitude of reasons. The team contributed a lot to that and so did he. I would expect this reaction from 12 year olds, not grown men. So ridiculous and over the top. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Anybody else still buzzing from the news?   This is truly an amazing day for this franchise.  Finally a chance to maybe find success with some other QB.

Why would we be buzzing?

We all pretty much knew we were drafting Wilson, that hasn't changed.

And by "Finally" I presume you mean "our routine 3-5 year total reset".

• Upvote 1