Darnold to the Panthers

An interesting side bar conversation;

There appears to be a correlation surfacing today between posters with some variation of "JOE NAMATH" as their handle - and acting like an doucehbag who won argument at thanksgiving. 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So, leave the board...right?

I mean, if you're just here to be disgusted and contemptuous towards message board posters, and get no enjoyment from this and only care about "wins on the field", then why are you here day after day griping about people? Is it attention seeking behavior?

I don't know, you sh*t on everything the team does, and sh*t on posters being happy about things the team does.. Is it cathartic?

? 

Whatever...  best wishes to Sam, hope whoever the Jets pick is successful,  and if people are happy, sad, or indifferent,  who cares?

Literally the same guy who said he was considering switching his allegiance to Washington, a team that don’t even have a f*cking name and he has the audacity to sh*t all over Jets fans for liking what most round the NFL consider a good move.

Absolutely laughable stuff. A genuine meltdown.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, football guy said:

While I agree, there’s a realistic scenario where it happens. 

• ATL could trade down or go QB
• CIN could go OT or WR over Pitts 
• MIA could go WR over TE (Gesicki)
• DET could go WR over TE (Hockenson) or trade down 

Miami drafts Pitts... no way he drops past Miami... Miami comes from BB train of thought that TEs are very hard to defend.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

More than I expected as well, but not much more by value.

I told folks high picks were out, and they were.

We got a 6th this year.  Not the 2nd or even 3rd this year people expected.

We did get a 2nd next year (equal to a 3rd this year) and that 4th (equiv. to a 5th).

So mid-rounder-value, as expected.

What I heard was they weren't even going to get a 3rd at this point, so I'm pleasantly surprised. I do feel bad the way  things happened for Sam, but its best for both parties.

26 minutes ago, football guy said:

While I agree, there’s a realistic scenario where it happens. 

• ATL could trade down or go QB
• CIN could go OT or WR over Pitts 
• MIA could go WR over TE (Gesicki)
• DET could go WR over TE (Hockenson) or trade down 

love the optimism, but there is 5% chance pitts falls to 6 let alone within reach of a trade up. ATL/CIN are trading out to Pitt's future suitor

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Good luck to the kid who couldn’t earn the captaincy of his cheeseballs Mormon college squad earning the respect of his new locker room. Marcus Maye just now:

I don’t understand what this does for Maye. Or the Jets.  I’m guessing he’s going to pull a Jamal. 

Wish Sam the best, good luck, great teammate blah blah blah but the face palm is so unnecessary.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I'm not happy about hitting reset over and over again.  I dont love the idea of strapping a rookie HC and rookie OC with a rookie QB in this division.  It sounds like an absolute nightmare destined to fail.  So I'm not happy about taking a Qb in the top 3 twice in the last 4 drafts.  Really more frustrated then that then I am going with Zachapono.  I hope I'm dead wrong on Zachapono and he's a great.  Dont really have a choice but to root for him but this seems like a train wreck waiting to happen.

Strapping a rookie HC and rookie OC to Sam Darnold is an 8th Amendment violation.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

That makes no sense if you are a Jets fan.  A true Jets fan wants that 2nd round pick to be early in the round, which means - as a Jets fan - you hope the Panthers crap the bed this season.  

And why the loyalty to Darnold?  He was a nice guy, but isn't it better if the Jets/Douglas were right in their evaluations and Wilson is great and Darnold isn't?

What is this "second" team stuff anyway?   My second teams are whoever is playing a team that stands between the Jets and a playoff berth, or whoever is playing the Pats/Dolphins/Bills.  This isn't rank voting, it's sports.

Yup.  I just want our team to win football games.  If the Jets are back in the playoffs in a couple of years and contending for a Chamionship, I won't give a damn what Sam Darnld does for the Panthers.  And if we continue to suck for the next few years, I won't feel any better if Sam sucks in Carolina. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

An interesting side bar conversation;

There appears to be a correlation surfacing today between posters with some variation of "JOE NAMATH" as their handle - and acting like an doucehbag who won argument at thanksgiving. 

You, T0m and Warfish sure are salty today...it's actually embarrassing. Like I'm hoping T0m is just playing up a contrarian schtick. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

You, T0m and Warfish sure are salty today...it's actually embarrassing. Like I'm hoping T0m is just playing up a contrarian schtick. 

embarrasing? how so, pal. I said I'm all in on the JD/Rob show. open to whatever they want to do.... meanwhile i'm watching fellow JN'ers post with "HAHAHAHAHA YOU WERE WRONG".... and you're saying i'm being salty? .... smh. 

8 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

That makes no sense if you are a Jets fan.  A true Jets fan wants that 2nd round pick to be early in the round, which means - as a Jets fan - you hope the Panthers crap the bed this season.  

And why the loyalty to Darnold?  He was a nice guy, but isn't it better if the Jets/Douglas were right in their evaluations and Wilson is great and Darnold isn't?

What is this "second" team stuff anyway?   My second teams are whoever is playing a team that stands between the Jets and a playoff berth, or whoever is playing the Pats/Dolphins/Bills.  This isn't rank voting, it's sports.

I rooted for Namath when he went to the Rams, too. I’d also like to see Geno outplay Russell Wilson. 

• Post of the Week 1