Darnold to the Panthers

Just now, QB1 said:

I agree that a second next year may have SLIGHTLY more value and that third this year... but the idea that a 2nd next year has more value than a 2nd this year is absurd. 

That I agree with.  Would much rather have the 2 this year.  

I just don't necessarily buy into the this year is worth a round later next year.  Never really bought into that logic.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I am optimistic.  Haven't been this optimistic in quite some time.

Stop trying to ruin things with your optimism Fidelio. ??

Your schtick is unending pessimism you not allowed to just change it because it looks like we are taking the QB  prospect you like and are flush with picks for the next few years.

Kenan Thompson No GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1

good enough deal.i kind of like the future picks more than current because i think there are only so many really good players in any draft and once they are gone it doesn't matter much if you have more draft picks.  so just what is going to be the topic for the next few weeks before the draft?  i get the feeling it's going to be wilson and so the two pick is set.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

The crying and the "I am sad", "The Panthers are my 2nd favorite team now" and 'I'll miss him" are so effing embarrassing.  He's not your friend, he's not your family member.  He's a dude that plays on your "alleged" favorite team who never lived up to his hype as the #3 pick in the draft for a multitude of reasons. The team contributed a lot to that and so did he. I would expect this reaction from 12 year olds, not grown men. So ridiculous and over the top. 

Darnold Feety pajamas and bobbleheads on their nightstand.  Its the only explanation.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There is nuance here.

The Jets are in a serious rebuild.  Their cupboard is bare.  Having a 2 next year, for the situation the Jets are in, is far more valuable than a 3 this year.

Might not be that way for a contending team...but right now, it's the better move.

You can make the argument that a 2nd tomorrow is better than a third today, but you can’t say a 2nd tomorrow is worth as much as a 2nd today. 

You are looking at 2023-2024 before the players the Jets draft in this trade contribute. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

31 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You should be happy. It is a completely new era. If the Jets had traded down I would embrace whatever their decision was whether I agreed or not.  Revisit in a couple years and see if you were right but root hard for Wilson

I'm not happy about hitting reset over and over again.  I dont love the idea of strapping a rookie HC and rookie OC with a rookie QB in this division.  It sounds like an absolute nightmare destined to fail.  So I'm not happy about taking a Qb in the top 3 twice in the last 4 drafts.  Really more frustrated then that then I am going with Zachapono.  I hope I'm dead wrong on Zachapono and he's a great.  Dont really have a choice but to root for him but this seems like a train wreck waiting to happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Kid never had a chance here. No weapons, no line, awful coaches. 

1 minute ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I didn’t say that it wasn’t all his fault in fact I acknowledged that I thought he was a poor decision maker however he didn’t exactly have an easy situation in his three years here. To be honest the rest of the team was a total clown show. 

Those are a lot of excuses being made, a ton of deflection, and very little blame on Sammy. He isn't good and never will be. Once he is in Carolina, that will be evident to the few who are still acting like its the Jets and not Sam.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

That I agree with.  Would much rather have the 2 this year.  

I just don't necessarily buy into the this year is worth a round later next year.  Never really bought into that logic.

Would you rather have a full year of scouting and combines and all kinds of sh*t next year or pick that second rounder this year?

6 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Kid never had a chance here. No weapons, no line, awful coaches. He has never been the greatest decision maker but I believe he could’ve done big things for the Jets. Rooting for him in Carolina. Will it really be any different with Wilson or Fields if we can’t get the rest of the roster together? No and we’ll be doing it all over again in 3 years. 

Only important part of the post....IF we can't do it, then no it won't be different. But the fact we have 21 picks in the next two drafts and a completely different person actually making the picks and a completely different coaching staff coaching the picks means that we actually have the chance to get it right. That wasn't the case with Maccagnan and Bowles. This is a totally different situation. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

More than I expected as well, but not much more by value.

I told folks high picks were out, and they were.

We got a 6th this year.  Not the 2nd or even 3rd this year people expected.

We did get a 2nd next year (equal to a 3rd this year) and that 4th (equiv. to a 5th).

So mid-rounder-value, as expected.

Yeah but at the same time it is two decent picks next year. Should get a solid starter at least out of the 3 picks. Pretty solid value. I really wanted to use Sam for a pick swap but this is a good alternative.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why would we be buzzing?

We all pretty much knew we were drafting Wilson, that hasn't changed.

And by "Finally" I presume you mean "our routine 3-5 year total reset".

Buzzing 'cause I'm just beyond happy that Darnold is off this team.  I feared that he would be our starter.  Right now I don't care about results.   I want to bask in a truly good moment for this franchise.   Plus at least another chance at finding success instead of more failure with Darnold.  I'm sure my bitching will come soon enough.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Those are a lot of excuses being made, a ton of deflection, and very little blame on Sammy. He isn't good and never will be. Once he is in Carolina, that will be evident to the few who are still acting like its the Jets and not Sam.

Maybe he won’t be good but don’t act like this sh*t franchise deserves zero blame.