Darnold to the Panthers

3 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Hate this type of analysis.  In order to get a fortune, someone needs to be willing to pay a fortune.  There is just too much assumption taking place to reasonably judge a trade based on these terms.

So are we to reasonably assume Wilson won’t be a bust? Or only assume when it fits our narrative 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

fixed

Robby Anderson is crying into his "prove it" deal as we speak. As I said last week, the good thing is that JD should be able to bring him back to the Jets real cheap next year. Wilson will actually hit the majority of the deep bombs. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

I think we are well past seems and into "destined to be" territory.

Hope i'm wrong, but haven't been yet when it comes to Jets QB's.

With Darnold gone so is hope of moving back and trying to go after Fields which is really what's most grating

You were wrong about Chad and you know it.

#elite

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Hate this type of analysis.  In order to get a fortune, someone needs to be willing to pay a fortune.  There is just too much assumption taking place to reasonably judge a trade based on these terms.

He's just being a contrarian here.

Once it became clear the Jets were moving on and taking Zach - he took that position.  

It allows him to be a dick for the next year.  If he's wrong, no one will care, if he's right he's a genius.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The 2nd next year will be nice.....next year.

Like I said, JD excels at getting more than expected, at least in quantity.

Far better than he's been so far in actually drafting players.

Hope he gets better at that other part.

Yeah so far his biggest strength is in trades. He got way more for Adams than I would have thought as well as decent compensation for a QB everyone knew we wanted to trade and was the worst QB in the NFL the last 3 years. We need to hit on the draft and critical to protect Zach now. Nothing else should matter.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This says so much about this franchise and it's PTSD Fanbase.

Glad you feel good because traded away yet another bust QB, I guess.  Rock on.

Just a few years ago these same people were ready to pop the champagne for the impending super bowl victory that Darnold would bring and they’ll do the same for Wilson. Such a vicious cycle. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

The crying and the "I am sad", "The Panthers are my 2nd favorite team now" and 'I'll miss him" are so effing embarrassing.  He's not your friend, he's not your family member.  He's a dude that plays on your "alleged" favorite team who never lived up to his hype as the #3 pick in the draft for a multitude of reasons. The team contributed a lot to that and so did he. I would expect this reaction from 12 year olds, not grown men. So ridiculous and over the top. 

I’m with you on that. I did want Sam back. Now that decision is made. He is another QB. It’s laundry we root for!!! 2 Nd favorite team. What is that????

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

12 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Would you rather have a full year of scouting and combines and all kinds of sh*t next year or pick that second rounder this year?

Would rather the 2nd this year.  These guys have enough tape to make a choice.  

They can trade every pick we have right now for the same round next year if they felt that way.  If our GM doesn't feel that way then I trust his judgement there.

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah so far his biggest strength is in trades. He got way more for Adams than I would have thought as well as decent compensation for a QB everyone knew we wanted to trade and was the worst QB in the NFL the last 3 years. We need to hit on the draft and critical to protect Zach now. Nothing else should matter.

I am concerned about his drafting ability. I hope he does well. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm not happy about hitting reset over and over again.  I dont love the idea of strapping a rookie HC and rookie OC with a rookie QB in this division.  It sounds like an absolute nightmare destined to fail.  So I'm not happy about taking a Qb in the top 3 twice in the last 4 drafts.  Really more frustrated then that then I am going with Zachapono.  I hope I'm dead wrong on Zachapono and he's a great.  Dont really have a choice but to root for him but this seems like a train wreck waiting to happen.

Yeah I'm concerned that he is a one year wonder.....if he's the pick.  Geez, I'm starting to feel like one of those glass half empty guys :( 

2 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Just a few years ago these same people were ready to pop the champagne for the impending super bowl victory that Darnold would bring and they’ll do the same for Wilson. Such a vicious cycle. 

What do you want people to do?

We took Sam and missed.  Next man up, maybe we can build a good team around Zach and start winning.  Maybe we can't - but we can hope.

• Upvote 4