Darnold to the Panthers

6 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Just a few years ago these same people were ready to pop the champagne for the impending super bowl victory that Darnold would bring and they’ll do the same for Wilson. Such a vicious cycle. 

I agree. While I’m relieved that the Jets traded Darnold, it’s pretty sad that we’re here only three years later. I was more hopeful about Darnold than any other Jets player in my life. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Ugh.  Zachapono is confirmed.

******* Jets. 

what a disaster 

feeling that way, which means Douglas is going to do the unexpected Trade back to 4 with Panthers and select either Fields or Wilson (whomever 49ers don't) right? lol..

also now that Sam is getting closer to you maybe you can get in touch with him teach him how to surf so he can finally become the guy we all hoped he would before hanging him out to dry with nothing to work with and no real plan for developing him.

59 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Thank God, we can all stop fighting!

no... this will just accelerate the fighting/arguing over who to take a 2 and why so and so is a moron because x, y, z..... 

I've seen it at thousand times.

58 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Darnold has a good coach, very good OC, CMC, Anderson and Moore. No more excuses for Sam. I wish him the best. If things go south for the Jets next year, I will have a 2nd team to root for (for the first time in my life). 

Carolina JETS.... 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There are no leaks under Joe Douglas.  Every player is his favorite player he wants to keep forever until the player gets traded.  

No leaks but most experts got this right. Moving on from Darnold and taking Wilson. If he drafts someone else then we will be surprised 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Yup.  It's kinda pathetic, the Loser Mentally.  Many of these people think we actually WON something today.

We didn't win a damn thing.  We dumped yet another embarrassing bust and yet another failed era, and we're smashing that reset button yet again.

Thats not a win.  That's purgatory, and endless cycle of fail, rince, repeat.

Now we have to listen to how great Wilson is, how he is the savior, blah blah f'ing blah.  Literal reposts from three years ago, just witht he name changed from "Sam" to "Zach".

We're a joke, maybe we shoud save the celebration for when we win something for once, not for trading away the guy most of the people celebrating now were still fluffing less than a year ago.

Reminds me of the scene in Idiocracy where Dax Sheppard starts cheering when the cops blow up his own car. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

If watching the Jets every week for 40 plus years has taught me anything, the Jets are going to lose to Sammy and the Panthers this season. Just write it down now.

probably  ?.. sam will have christian mccaffrey & robby anderson   ?...panthers by 10 ?

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

For that return, would have been smarter to keep him.

Basically, the same stupid mistake we made trading Teddy B for peanuts, before we knew what we had in Sam.

Watch Carolina turn Sam around for a 1st next spring.

Breaking News Teddy Bridgewater isnt good....the Panthers just traded for Darnold to replace him...the Bridgewater obsession has always been bizarre.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yup.  It's kinda pathetic, the Loser Mentally.  Many of these people think we actually WON something today.

We didn't win a damn thing.  We dumped yet another embarrassing bust and yet another failed era, and we're smashing that reset button yet again.

Now we have to listen to how great Wilson is, how he is the savior, blah blah f'ing blah.  Literal reposts from three years ago, just witht he name changed from "Sam" to "Zach".

We're a joke, maybe we shoud save the celebration for when we win something for once, not for trading away the guy most of the people celebrating now were still fluffing less than a year ago.

So what’s your answer? continue down the same path knowing that this player was not the answer? 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

+ 1,000,000. THis is a pathetic franchise. I guess seeing them win when I was 11 is going to have to hold me to my grave. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

This is overstated.

Everyone was excited for Darnold because the franchise had a highly drafted QB prospect for the first time since Sanchez. It always happens. If nothing else it gave us something to he invested in for the next few years, something we didn’t have with Fitz or McCown. 

Wilson will bring the same excitement but no one is really suggesting this guarantees a Superbowl. Stop.

It is absolutely not overstated. There were fans acting like Darnold was almost a lock for stardom. Now it’s going to be the same thing for Zach Wilson. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I am concerned about his drafting ability. I hope he does well. 

This is really what it all comes down to.  If he doesn't draft well, we are screwed.  But if he does, he can set us up for sustained success like we have never seen. 

No pressure JD, but is all on you now.  Make the most of those draft resources you have been accumulating.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Thats not a win.  That's purgatory, an endless cycle of fail, rinse, repeat.

Like every fanbase in the league doesn’t get excited for a QB drafted in the top 5. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

good point made earlier in thread (i only surfed first few pages) is that its ok to spread the picks
in order to sign more of them over time and/or stack them for trade-ups.
also i think the deal is better than 3,5,6 this year (if you back up the rounds for the delay). 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Just a few years ago these same people were ready to pop the champagne for the impending super bowl victory that Darnold would bring and they’ll do the same for Wilson. Such a vicious cycle. 

Welcome to professional sports 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

So what’s your answer? continue down the same path knowing that this player was not the answer? 

Because now we have the answer? THe kid is going to get killed back there, just like Darnold.  

Just now, Lith said:

This is really what it all comes down to.  If he doesn't draft well, we are screwed.  But if he does, he can set us up for sustained success like we have never seen. 

No pressure JD, but is all on you now.  Make the most of those draft resources you have been accumulating.

I mean...this is the key to success for every other team in the league absent those with a generational HOF QB. It's just been so long since we didn't have the 32nd/33rd ranked GM in the league that we forgot it was a possibility. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

My answer is to stop celebrating like we won something today.

My answer is to stop acting like a WR making a massive dance of celebration after a 5 yard out when he team is losing 48-3.

We won nothing today.  

My answeris to stop celebrating like losers, and start demanding the team actually win something, one the god damn field, BEFORE we start celebrating them.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1