Darnold to the Panthers

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So, leave the board...right?

I mean, if you're just here to be disgusted and contemptuous towards message board posters, and get no enjoyment from this and only care about "wins on the field", then why are you here day after day griping about people? Is it attention seeking behavior?

I don't know, you sh*t on everything the team does, and sh*t on posters being happy about things the team does.. Is it cathartic?

? 

Whatever...  best wishes to Sam, hope whoever the Jets pick is successful,  and if people are happy, sad, or indifferent,  who cares?

Facts. Some guys just love being miserable, that's why I try to just skim the boards for a few minutes and quickly leave. Also just try and ignore a few posters on here who literally only have negative posts. Must suck to live your life as such a sad sap

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

29 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

You’re right it’s so positive that we’re about to throw another qb onto a team with no other good players. 

I understand you're upset about Sam, but didn't we just sign essentially a 1000 yard receiver to pair with Mims and Crowder and have a ton of picks in the upcoming draft? Also signed the best pass rusher in FA, a type of player we haven't had since Abraham. Also hired one of the best coaches and OCs available? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

My plan included a veteran to compete with him but sure, lets pretend this is a good idea because its new!

I get it. The rebuilds and suck has been draining but Sam Darnold is bad. You know it is true. Holding him here just delays the suck. We can build a good team. Zachapono might end up bad but Darnold was a known entity of terrible.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I don’t understand what this does for Maye. Or the Jets.  I’m guessing he’s going to pull a Jamal. 

Wish Sam the best, good luck, great teammate blah blah blah but the face palm is so unnecessary.  

That's exactly what he's doing. He wants to be either traded or get a contract and he's gonna cause a stink. I'm all for letting him play his tag out, letting him walk after the year and recouping the pick. Don't let the door his your ass on the way out ✌

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, derp said:

I think Jeremiah is trying to save a little face for Douglas - don’t believe that’s how future picks are valued.

I’m disappointed in just a sixth round pick this year, I’ll say that. But next year when the Jets have two firsts, two seconds, and two fourths, I’ll probably be feeling pretty good. 

I’d expect a trade down from either #23 or #34 this year, too. Mas picks, por favor. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Greensleeves said:

I understand you're upset about Sam, but didn't we just sign essentially a 1000 yard receiver to pair with Mims and Crowder and have a ton of picks in the upcoming draft? Also signed the best pass rusher in FA, a type of player we haven't had since Abraham. Also hired one of the best coaches and OCs available? 

We just got picks for a terrible player, have the hottest young gm and head coach in the league, will be drafting wilson who all qb needy teams are drooling over and have tons of picks the next 2 years to stack this roster.

How dare you be positive!

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.  Its not easy to take the bobblehead off the nightstand and toss it in the trash.  

The funny part is I actually have a Sam bobblehead on my desk right now. Why? Because when he was drafted I thought he was the answer. Like 99% of QB's drafted it turned out not to be the case. Oh well, sh*t happens. He was never going to stay here after the Gase debacle. Will he be better in Carolina than here? Probably. I mean when you are literally the worst rated QB in the league, the only way to go is up. It sucks things didn't work out but I'm not a Sam Darnold fan, I'm a Jets fan. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Cp561 said:

That's exactly what he's doing. He wants to be either traded or get a contract and he's gonna cause a stink. I'm all for letting him play his tag out, letting him walk after the year and recouping the pick. Don't let the door his your ass on the way out ✌

This is actually the one move I did not agree on Douglas with.  I would of let his ass walk this year.

But I am sure there is something i am missing because I know joes plan is not to sign him long term.

15 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Another QB victim of the sh*tshow that is JETS front office.  I hope he takes Carolina far and plays 10 years as their starter.  

Right, because Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith went on to great success elsewhere. 

The Jets front office didn't "fail" Sam Darnold.  The front office failed at talent evaluation.  Mike Maccagnan failed to pick a good QB as well as other good players.  Why is it surprising that yet another one of Macc's picks was a sucky bust?  He's the same guy who drafted Christian Hackenberg, the 2nd round pick who never played an NFL down and even sucked in the AAF.  

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets front office didn't "fail" Sam Darnold.  The front office failed at talent evaluation.  Mike Maccagnan failed to pick a good QB as well as other good players.  Why is it surprising that yet another one of Macc's picks was a sucky bust?

By contrast Pennington was good on miami. These other guys aren’t good. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets front office didn't "fail" Sam Darnold.  Mike Maccagnan failed to pick a good QB as well as other good players.  Why is it surprising that yet another one of Macc's picks was a sucky bust?

If only the Browns picked the bonafide "best" QB in the draft...they probably would have made the playoffs by now.....oh wait

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I get it. The rebuilds and suck has been draining but Sam Darnold is bad. You know it is true. Holding him here just delays the suck. We can build a good team. Zachapono might end up bad but Darnold was a known entity of terrible.

Hope so!  Just got a bad feeling. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Just love hearing how our former top 3 pick might get better and now will get an elite playmaker to throw to. Sounds nice. 

Samuel left in FA. I know you're not talking about Robbie "I play great for 6 games then underwhelm for the other 10 games" Anderson. 

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is actually the one move I did not agree on Douglas with.  I would of let his ass walk this year.

But I am sure there is something i am missing because I know joes plan is not to sign him long term.

How do you know this?

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I get this but I also think if Sam came into the situation right now the result would have been better. How much better? Not sure, but they literally did everything and I mean everything wrong with the kid. 

Until a former Jet has great success elsewhere, its hard to argue that the Jets are drafting secretly good players who get ruined by their supporting cast and coaching.  

Darnold is a bad football player who the Jets did no favors.  Simple as that.  

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Good luck to the kid who couldn’t earn the captaincy of his cheeseballs Mormon college squad earning the respect of his new locker room. Marcus Maye just now:

to be fair Zach isn't part of this team ...yet. thats all about losing there friend sam. im sure there will be more jets upset at this, doesn't mean there not going to like Wilson. they dont know the guy

and this is part of the point about not having sam and wilson on the same team. alot of players love sam. you definitely would have had a divided locker room.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Miami drafts Pitts... no way he drops past Miami... Miami comes from BB train of thought that TEs are very hard to defend.

But Pitts is not an ordinary TE. He is in fact a hybrid TE/WR.  I’d go with Chase who just looks like the next coming of Hopkins. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I get this but I also think if Sam came into the situation right now the result would have been better. How much better? Not sure, but they literally did everything and I mean everything wrong with the kid. 

I still want Darnold to be a FQB, if only just to burnish JF80’s evaluation skills. 

• Haha 3