Darnold to the Panthers

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

JN Poster 2018:  Sam is a surefire #1 pick, the generational elite QB, he's a can't miss, **** you Warfish for having any doubts about him, why do you hate everything, clearly Sam is gonna be a stud!  Anyone who disagrees, like you Warfish, you should leave the Board!

JN Poster 2019:  Sam is amazing, the best, people like Warfish who had doubts are clearly stupid assholes.  The wins will come.  If you can't wait Warfish, you should leave the Board!

JN Poster 2020:  Sam is fine, just needs time, and weapons.  Doubters like Warfish should just quit the board, stupid haters!  

JN Poster Now:  Yay, Sam is gone, best deal like ever!  Sam was the worst, we all knew it, but Wilson, HE is the real deal!  What's wrong Warfish, you probably liked Sam, stupid you, we all knew Sam sucked, lol, great WIN for the Jets to trade him away!  Why do you hate everything, you should leave the Board!

Yeah, you wonder why I have issues with some of you 'big mouthed always wrong' types? Lol.

You sad sad people, today is your big win.  The day they trade away the guy you spent three years blowing, lol.  

But sure, the problem with the Jets is me.  Cynicism causes NFL teams to lose, doncha know.

Okay but how is today a bad thing from a team building perspective?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

It's clear the vast maury of you need to learn about labral tears and the high success rate of recovering from surgery. If be more concerned if he blew out an acl 2 years ago then this injury. 

I'd feel more comfortable with Trey Lance, with the expectation that he sits behind a veteran for the year.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Wonderboy said:

You want to partner him with another one. I have the #1 Sam Darnold draft bobble head. It needs a good home.

Nah I'm good. Also wanted to take a moment to point out that the last two QB's who were traded up for in the Top 5 and didn't make a Pro Bowl are Sanchez and Darnold sooooo yeah. 

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

We have #23 #34 and #66. Two of those three will be OL.  LT Becton.... LG ? (Tucker/Davis)... C McGovern.... RG ?.......RT Fant  . They could also grab a RT and slide Fant to G or grab a center and slide McGovern to G. Lots of options but I definitely sense JD doesn't mess with the OL and uses 2 top picks here.

Very much doubt that. One, yes. Two, only if the draft falls just so. 

Expect CB + G/C/RT + TE. Order depends on who's on the board but that's what I'm expecting after a QB. But even that presumes he's not trading back further. 

If he takes a second offensive lineman, which won't surprise me, it'll be with a later pick. He didn't keep Lewis + GVR + Edoga, plus Clark from last year, plus further add Feeney, to then draft two OL picks by pick #66.

The plan it seems was to draft a QB and - unless he absolutely needs to sit - to play him sooner rather than later. Doesn't seem likely his plan was to have two rookie linemen blocking for a rookie QB. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To be fair, a 2022 2nd rounder is like a 2021 3rd on the chart.  Still very happy with what we got back for a 3 year failure.  

But we aren't competing in 2021 anyway, so honestly, a 2022 2nd rounder is probably more valuable to a rebuilding team like the Jets than a 2021 2nd rounder. If we actually manage to rebuild successfully, we'll have that draft pick one year longer on a rookie salary when it counts.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

If the jets suck just as bad next year or Seattle tanks and  and end up with a top 5 pick are we going to pick a quarterback again next year?

Sure, why not?  Worked out pretty well for Arizona.  Keep taking a QB until you find one.

I fail to see why this is relevant to the Darnold trade, however.  Are you suggesting the Jets should have kept running it back with Darnold for.....continuity purposes?  Because running it back with QB failures and passing on QB's in the draft has worked out great for the Jets, historically.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I agree with that, but the Jets aren't the only ones that had Sam high. If we didn't draft him he wasn't making it out of the top 5. So I guess he was poorly evaluated by everyone. Not just the Jets. 

Correct.  He was evaluated poorly by everyone (including yours truly) based on one Rose Bowl performance.  It happens.  Lots and lots of people thought Josh Rosen was a sure thing with a high floor.   The Cards moved on from him after just 13 starts.  Worked out pretty well.  Not even sure where Rosen is these days.  

You have to be willing to "fail quickly" and move on from these guys.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s four years from now. Wilson will already be working for Barstool doing hits on Tucker complaining about Cheez-Itz being a victim of cancel culture or some sh*t. 

QB's drafted high get lots and lots of chances.  Doesn't matter how much they suck.  4 other NFL teams employed Mark Sanchez after the Jets.  

1 hour ago, JiF said:

The question is Joe Willie White Shoes, do you know how this will turn out?  

I don't, but I'm. not  claiming I do.  I've been a fan for a long time (since the 60s) and I'll admit I'm not a scout (and they get it wrong too). I would have bet anything that Allen would be the worst of the 5 QBs picked in the first round in 2018 and he's looking like the best.  So I admit I don't know.  But I'm willing to hit the reset button and take a chance on a kid I haven't seen play in the NFL rather than on one I've seen and been unimpressed with for 3 full seasons, which is a pretty big sample size, even with the bad hand he was dealt here.  I've seen the Darnold movie three times and I know I don't like it.  I would rather try a new movie rather than watch the one I know I know I don't like.  Roll the dice on the potential of a Wilson rather than hope Darnold turns it around.  

• Upvote 3

That's a solid B return. You can't look at the draft capital spent to acquire him. He wasn't the guy. Taking the 2nd in a future year over a 3rd or less this year is something that I personally like. 

I guess all the Sam Truthers can jump off the bus and admit he sucks now. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure, why not?  Worked out pretty well for Arizona.  Keep taking a QB until you find one.

I fail to see why this is relevant to the Darnold trade, however.  Are you suggesting the Jets should have kept running it back with Darnold for.....continuity purposes?  Because running it back with QB failures and passing on QB's in the draft has worked out great for the Jets, historically.  

How did that work out well? Did cardinals make the playoffs? Win the division? I failed to see that.

And it was just a general question on how would the fan base feel about selecting another quarterback next year  since there will be a full collegiate season and there are a lot of good prospects, thanks for answering 

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Douglas strength is drafting? I think the book isn't closed on that tale yet. 

I thought that was an interesting sentence as well. Unless the writer is surmising from his time spent in PHI and BAL but 1 draft with so far mixed results is way too soon to determine that. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, shouldn't we be hoping for the rookie QB to sit for a few weeks regardless?

I am 1000000% in favor of this.

The teams offensive talent is low.  He is moving to the NY area.   He is learning a new offense.  Maybe, just maybe they should bring him along a little bit slowly so he doesn't get over whelmed and crushed.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What pleasure do you get in ragging people for being fans?

Oooooo I can answer this 

Lots of pleasure

The perverse kind it's great.

Let go back to this for reference:

2147066746_tenor(6).gif.cca35163f76ea3facce5526b3f0ede4b.gif

(I made you eat your parents, I made you eat your parents)

18 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Oh and by the way, where are all the “ oh no! We’re not gonna get anything for Sam so we might as well keep him” bellyachers now?

They're rationalizing that the picks are next year and not enough. They'll never admit they were wrong. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Very much doubt that. One, yes. Two, only if the draft falls just so. 

Expect CB + G/C/RT + TE. Order depends on who's on the board but that's what I'm expecting after a QB. But even that presumes he's not trading back further. 

If he takes a second offensive lineman, which won't surprise me, it'll be with a later pick. He didn't keep Lewis + GVR + Edoga, plus Clark from last year, plus further add Feeney, to then draft two OL picks by pick #66.

The plan it seems was to draft a QB and - unless he absolutely needs to sit - to play him sooner rather than later. Doesn't seem likely his plan was to have two rookie linemen blocking for a rookie QB. 

Fair enough. And I agree and I look for JD to definitely grab a CB and a G/C/T at the least with 23/34/66.  Was watching NFL network and one analyst was raving about the talent at WR in this draft. The Penn State TE would be nice to have as well. ? There’s a surplus of talent on the OL. JD could go CB/  G-T-C/ TE -WR then grab another OL in round 3. GVR, Edoga, Lewis are perennial backups. We could get a steal in round 3 at OL. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

When I scout players, the way the look is high on my list?

When you come you come up with actual football reasons against him, let us know.

Oh give me a break with the enlightened routine..  the combine is a meat market where they make them parade around in boxers.

If you think evaluators don't care about how a player looks you're nuts.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, football guy said:

There it is lol. Literally drafted a long email this past week, sent it to my cousin to forward to the Panthers team president this AM. I guess the question has been answered

Nice Call. 

Assuming this is not a conditional 2 next year Douglas did excellent. Since Douglas has been here he has made excellent trades. Really impressed. 

Douglas loves draft picks. Its so refreshing. I bet we move down a few times in the draft to get some more picks next year/year after. 

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

JN Poster 2018:  Sam is a surefire #1 pick, the generational elite QB, he's a can't miss, **** you Warfish for having any doubts about him, why do you hate everything, clearly Sam is gonna be a stud!  Anyone who disagrees, like you Warfish, you should leave the Board!

JN Poster 2019:  Sam is amazing, the best, people like Warfish who had doubts are clearly stupid assholes.  The wins will come.  If you can't wait Warfish, you should leave the Board!

JN Poster 2020:  Sam is fine, just needs time, and weapons.  Doubters like Warfish should just quit the board, stupid haters!  

JN Poster Now:  Yay, Sam is gone, best deal like ever!  Sam was the worst, we all knew it, but Wilson, HE is the real deal!  What's wrong Warfish, you probably liked Sam, stupid you, we all knew Sam sucked, lol, great WIN for the Jets to trade him away!  Why do you hate everything, you should leave the Board!

Yeah, you wonder why I have issues with some of you 'big mouthed always wrong' types? Lol.

You sad sad people, today is your big win.  The day they trade away the guy you spent three years blowing, lol.  

But sure, the problem with the Jets is me.  Cynicism causes NFL teams to lose, doncha know.

I'm celebrating it. I lost faith in Sam week 1 of 2020 after he looked lost against the Bills. You're allowed to change your mind on somebody after you watch them perform for some time. You've been the same negative Nancy since 2018. Just bc you can't change that doesn't mean others can't. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

One would hope a vet going into his fourth year would play better than a rookie. The question is.... will the new guy throw a pick six on his very first throw as a pro?

Yes and the vet is one year older and has three years experience? I honestly don't have a dog in the fight I'm just looking it at from a GM's point of view.

I actually think that Darnold and Zach are very similar players. I think this came down to cap management.

But what happens if they're actually targeting Fields? I've been a fan and I've been following this team long enough that nothing would surprise me and I'll just laugh.

• Upvote 2