Darnold to the Panthers

1 hour ago, Pac said:

He looks like a 14 year old girl.  That is body make up.

Sorry, not sorry I offended your gentle sensibilities.

And pennington looked like an ugly 14 yo girl, that didnt stop you from worshipping her

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Very happy with what JD got for Sam. Sam is a good guy and I wish him the best. Now lets get our guy to lead us to the show.

I'm not pleased with the picks JD received for Sam. JD is betting on next years draft and he's making full use of his six year contract.  I wanted a 2nd this year to use on an OL. We'll see if JD is just another Idzak/Macc/Taumabuam(sp).

• Thumb Down 3

9 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

This is interesting because Bridgewater has been better.  But Darnold is younger and a lot of people watched that Rose Bowl.  Great trade for the Jets. 

I read he is untradable because of his contract numbers. He will likey just be a backup. Kinda weird, because he outplayed sam here.....now they are together again! 

Maybe the jets are getting smarter and the panthers are dummies

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

No, we were not talking about kyler Murray, we were actually discussing taking a quarterback if we are in the top 5 again next year...I think... I'm high now so I could be off 

No wonder I have no idea what the hell you're trying to argue.  lol.  

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I'm not pleased with the picks JD received for Sam. JD is betting on next years draft and he's making full use of his six year contract.  I wanted a 2nd this year to use on an OL. We'll see if JD is just another Idzak/Macc/Taumabuam(sp).

Next year is the year to maximize your # of picks.  There will be a real college football season next season as opposed to the 2020 farce. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

My question was would you select a qb next year if you are in the top 5? You said it worked for cardinals I said I dont believe it has and you were lost from there on out 

You say you don't believe it has and I think it very much has.  It's a failure because they haven't made a playoff appearance 2 years in?  Come on now.  Murray is a stud.

If that's where the argument lies then we're at an impasse.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You say you don't believe it has and I think it very much has.  It's a failure because they haven't made a playoff appearance 2 years in?  Come on now.  Murray is a stud.

If that's where the argument lies then we're at an impasse.  

Yeah I might think different of Murray then you do, and thats okay 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Good luck to the kid who couldn’t earn the captaincy of his cheeseballs Mormon college squad earning the respect of his new locker room. Marcus Maye just now:

I think this is about the franchise tag... “Jets again not taking care of one of their own.”

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alka said:

What really made Shula a slime-ball, was when he allowed the stadium to be flooded the night before the AFC Championship game between the Fins and the Jets, and purposely did not put the tarp on the field the night before when everyone knew it was going to rain a lot.

He did this because he wanted to negate the NY sack exchange, and felt he had a better chance of winning if the field was a mess, which it most certainly was.

That game was called: "The Mud Bowl"!!!

The Jets had a huge speed advantage on offense that the mud negated too

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think that when we are halfway through the Zachapono Era, we will look back on Darnold like he was Patrick Ewing. 

I don't look fondly at the Geno Smith era because of Darnold.  So no.  Zach Wilson's impending failure, if it really does come to pass, does not mean I'm going to miss Sam Darnold or that trading him today will have been the wrong move.  It means the f**kin Jets, the 6th most valuable NFL franchise, need to start hiring people who can evaluate QB's.

2 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I think JD eff'ed Sam's value. He should have traded hmi sooner if he was going to go with Wilson. 

A low 2nd or high 3rd this year is better than a 2nd & 4th next year.

Always with the imaginary stuff... He got something for the NFL’s worst QB.  That’s a good thing.

• Upvote 2