Darnold to the Panthers

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think that when we are halfway through the Zachapono Era, we will look back on Darnold like he was Patrick Ewing. 

I think when you’re halfway through that bag of weed you need to stop smoking it 

Can’t put Darnold in the same sentence as Ewing man, wtf 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I'll ignore your comment on the Captaincy (which has been discussed numerous times here) but focus more on the Maye tweet.

It's very telling.  Saw some other players wishing Sam well, etc.  This just looks like a "WTF are we doing?" tweet.  He obviously knows Sam pretty well as he predated him by one Draft.  Maye is on a one-year deal and might be a bit disgruntled about his own situation with the Jets, but this looks like a guy who doesn't want to start over with a new QB.  Probably a bigger fan of the trade down and get more talent idea, but who knows.

Sam's obviously a great guy and his teammates all love him, but that also makes them biased observers. 

Keeping Sam for year 4 never made any sense for a multitude of reasons. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The captaincy thing is true, though

How about some context though. He was in a QB battle when they picked captains. None of the QBs were selected originally bc of that. Once the team decided on the QB he was announced as a captain. Context matters

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What happened to the Shane that repeatedly called Darnold a "mush" throughout the 2020 season?  I miss that guy.  

I've been a Darnold doubter since pre draft, I am not a fan of this solely because I think drafting Wilson is going to be a colossal mistake. Is there some other way to interpret this than we are drafting Wilson? 

Just now, CTM said:

I've been anti Darnold since pre draft, I am not a fan of this solely because I think drafting Wilson is going to be a colossal mistake. Is there some other way to interpret this than we are drafting Wilson? 

Probably not.  And I don't like Wilson.  But personally, I'm separating the 2 items.  Whoever the Jets QB ends up being in 2021, trading Darnold today was the right move. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, slats said:

I’m disappointed in just a sixth round pick this year, I’ll say that. But next year when the Jets have two firsts, two seconds, and two fourths, I’ll probably be feeling pretty good. 

I’d expect a trade down from either #23 or #34 this year, too. Mas picks, por favor. 

isn't 21 picks in 2 years enough?

its time to stay where he is and get some good players. wont the guys we get at #23 and #34 going to be better than the guys we get with the picks we get in a trade? 

we need some studs, it would be easier to find them at #23 and #34 than later on. 

if anything we should try to move UP if we can and give back some of those picks

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably not.  And I don't like Wilson.  But personally, I'm separating the 2 items.  Whoever the Jets QB ends up being in 2021, trading Darnold today was the right move. 

What.  Are you mad?

You dont trade away your starting QB for pocket lint and not know exactly what you are planning to do at the position.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

What.  Are you mad?

You dont trade away your starting QB for pocket lint and not know exactly what you are planning to do at the position.

Sam Darnold isn't a starting QB.  He was ranked 36th among QB's last year and was a scheduled FA after the season.  Trading him away has null effect on the Jets QB situation.  They needed a new QB regardless.

And it wasn't "pocket lint" we got back.  The f**k are you talking about about?  lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

How about some context though. He was in a QB battle when they picked captains. None of the QBs were selected originally bc of that. Once the team decided on the QB he was announced as a captain. Context matters

The captaincies were put up to a vote and Wilson didn’t get enough votes. When one of the other captains went down with injury, the coaches made Wilson a captain. That’s the context!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pac said:

He looks like a 14 year old girl.  That is body make up.

Sorry, not sorry I offended your gentle sensibilities.

He not only looks like a little girl he's built like one. Now that Sam's gone I hope this guy can withstand a NFL season.

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

How is that better? Not the captain oh yeah well he wasnt even good enough to be the starting QB at BYU 8 months ago so haha on you .. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sam Darnold isn't a starting QB.  He was ranked 36th among QB's last year and was a scheduled FA after the season.  Trading him away has null effect on the Jets QB situation.  They needed a new QB regardless.

And it wasn't "pocket lint" we got back.  The f**k are you talking about about?  lol.

You are to Douglas what pac is to mac.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think that when we are halfway through the Zachapono Era, we will look back on Darnold like he was Patrick Ewing. 

We will look back on Sam like he was a 15 year pro who had a HOF career?

Serious question - How could Wilson possibly be worse than Darnold was here? Will he be ranked 50th out of 33 eligible QBs? Will he just be injured constantly? (In that case, I would think we'd move off of him after year 2 instead of year 3  . . .) 

Wilson can absolutely bust (I'm afraid he will), but why would him busting be any worse than what Sam just did? At least we didn't trade 3 2nd round picks for him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Context does not matter if you are pushing a narrative. 

2 hours ago, Pac said:

He looks like a 14 year old girl.  That is body make up.

Sorry, not sorry I offended your gentle sensibilities.

There you go.  Deep insight 

Dont worry, I dont get offended by your nonsense Pac

Just now, slimjasi said:

We will look back on Sam like he was a 15 year pro who had a HOF career?

Serious question - How could Wilson possibly be worse than Darnold was here? Will be ranked 50th our of 33? Will he just be injured constantly? (In that case, I would think we'd move off of him after year 2 instead of year 3  . . .) 

Wilson can absolutely bust (I'm afraid he will), but why would him busting be any worse than what Sam just did? At least we didn't trade 3 2nd round picks for him. 

It's not really Darnold vs Wilson. It's what ever the package the niners gave up + darnold + a little more for 1.2 vs Wilson + pocket lint 

11 minutes ago, CTM said:

I've been a Darnold doubter since pre draft, I am not a fan of this solely because I think drafting Wilson is going to be a colossal mistake. Is there some other way to interpret this than we are drafting Wilson? 

Nope. The Mormon Manziel is happening. I guess that’s the good news?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I don’t think a 1st was ever on the realistic no matter when he traded him. Getting a 2nd, 4th and 6th is pretty good 

I didn’t say that. 

I was hoping for a 2 this year from Carolina or SF or Bears or Pitt or Atl or Indy or Seattle or another team with an unsettled QB situation. 

JD missed out when all the seats were taken. 

A 2 next year is not a 2 this year especially with how talented this draft it. 

It is what it is, was going for a bit more. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

It's not really Darnold vs Wilson. It's what ever the package the niners gave up + darnold + a little more for 1.2 vs Wilson + pocket lint 

You're really strengthening your credibility every time you refer to a 2, 4, and 6 as "pocket lint" trade compensation for the NFL's 36th-ranked QB.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Joe Douglas traded away Jamal Adams for two 1st round picks plus a 3rd.

I'm still waiting for one positive Mike Maccagnan brought to the table in 5 years.  Quinnen Williams maybe?

Quinnen is definitely his highlight.

Maybe also Brandon Marshall for a 5th rounder for one year? The pickings are slim. 

• Upvote 1