Darnold to the Panthers

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

So that being said, stop with your childish name calling expert this expert that bull sh*t.  We're all here, talking, I'm having a conversation with you and being respectful.  Sorry if the way I present my opinions offends you but rest assured, you're coming off the same way sweetheart.  I'm treating you respect while you attack me like you're the moral authority on how I'm allowed to post my opinions on the interwebz.  And yes, I will sit here confidently and say that me and numerous other posters on this site could have run the Jets better then the ones in charge over the last 10 years because it's been a ******* clown show.  You're not getting paid either, homeboy, so should we all sh*t on your opinions?

Now tighten up, get with the program or have a nice ******* day. 

that's lovely and all.

now if you can find any post on mine where i make declarative statements, calling my own opinion a FACT, then maybe it would be an apples-to-apples comparison.  in fact, i will readily admit that i am in no position to offer any opinion on these prospects.  i'm not sold on wilson, although i'm equally not sold on fields or jones (and know almost nothing about lance).  the only one i really watched in any way was fields (being a big 10 alum).  i had hoped it worked out with sam, but think it's probably best for all to move on.  

what i find troubling is self-assured people who think they know all the answers and try and present it as fact.  it's not.  it's your opinion, which you are more than entitled to have.  i'll never attack a person's opinion.  i may question stated facts or assumptions made in drawing one's opinion, but i respect everyone's right to have and state their opinion.  but please call it such, not a FACT.

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

Thank you for allowing me to think what I want, Jet Nut.  You are indeed, a good friend.

Whats amazing is that you believe your BS is golden and then get sarcastic when someone makes a point.  Again, want to argue that some players, Burrow is the poster boy, dont come on in their final year go for it. Its too hard for you to say, fair point

And that no matter what,  Jetfan80 will add a laughing face.  Every single time, no matter what.  Its cute having a pet, lol 

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

1 hour ago, JiF said:

So Greg Knapp is in charge of developing Zach Wilson?

Awesome.  I feel very confident now.

obviously tone is lost on the internet, but this seemed like a sarcastic comment.  maybe i was mistaken.  only you know the answer...

42 minutes ago, JiF said:

And I asked a clarifying question, gave you rep and said I feel confident now. .  I kind of forgot Knapp was on the team.  He's been around forever and could be a good mentor.  Gives me more confidence in the set up rather then a rookie CS taking it all on himself. 

37 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think Darnold was an organization failure and fear the same could happen again.  I dont like the idea (though Knapp being around does give me more confidence) in strapping a rookie HC, rookie OC, rookie DC with a rookie QB on this terrible team, in this division.  I dont like Zach Wilson as a prospect.   While it's exciting to be moving on from Gase/Darnold and I cant argue with the logic (other draft choice), it's still frustrating.  Part of me wanted to see a trade down, build around Sam away from Gase but that's also because I dont like Zach Wilson as a prospect.  I feel he's very similar to Sam but at least with Sam, he's been through the ringer.  I'm hopeful in Saleh but who the **** knows what we're getting.  I assume it's an upgrade because Gase was the worst but we dont .really know.   That includes you. My tone, would probably different if there was a different name being talked about as a prospect but I like to think of myself as fair in my takes. Either way, I'm going to speak my mind because that's why I'm hear and dont give a **** if you have a problem with it. 

If the Jets organization going forward is as incompetent as the organization that drafted Sam it's reasonable to be pessimistic.  If you at all think the organization, GM and coaching staff are moving in a different direction and might have good judgment and the ability to coach young players then it's SOJ to the core.  

It's just possible that we have a better scouting department and GM who knows talent.  We also might now have a very solid coaching staff that can coach it up.  If that's the case they get the benefit of the doubt on the pick.  Zach Wilson may be a turd, he also might be great or something in between.   Past performance of the Jets with a completely different GM and set of coaches is no guarantee that the Jets will continue to get it wrong going forward.  

I'm as burnt out as anyone on this board.  I hate the Johnsons.  I also will be rooting for this group of football management to get it right and if they pick Zach, I'm on board.  FYI I like the kids demeanor and the way he moves and the way the ball jumps out of his hand.  He looks the part, he works hard and he's clearly a lot edgier than he looks.  He might suck but I'm all in until JD and Saleh sh*t the bed,  not before.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, RVAJet815 said:

Not comparing Zach to TL...I’m not. But if you squint hard enough, you can find warts anywhere and every where. Even Trevor has his “yeah but’s”. It’s called Monday morning QBing for a reason. Every pass looks crystal clear with hindsight. 

The one college game I watched was TL vs JF and TL looked very average at best. I didn't see what everyone was so worked up about with him.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

that's lovely and all.

now if you can find any post on mine where i make declarative statements, calling my own opinion a FACT, then maybe it would be an apples-to-apples comparison.  in fact, i will readily admit that i am in no position to offer any opinion on these prospects.  i'm not sold on wilson, although i'm equally not sold on fields or jones (and know almost nothing about lance).  the only one i really watched in any way was fields (being a big 10 alum).  i had hoped it worked out with sam, but think it's probably best for all to move on.  

what i find troubling is self-assured people who think they know all the answers and try and present it as fact.  it's not.  it's your opinion, which you are more than entitled to have.  i'll never attack a person's opinion.  i may question stated facts or assumptions made in drawing one's opinion, but i respect everyone's right to have and state their opinion.  but please call it such, not a FACT.

I'm sorry for saying my opinion on Zach Wilson was fact.  It feels fact to me.  I know it's very troubling and will have a tremendous impact on life.

11 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

obviously tone is lost on the internet, but this seemed like a sarcastic comment.  maybe i was mistaken.  only you know the answer...

The green arrow up, is rep. Meaning, I appreciated the post.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Whats amazing is that you believe your BS is golden and then get sarcastic when someone makes a point.  Again, want to argue that some players, Burrow is the poster boy, dont come on in their final year go for it. Its too hard for you to say, fair point

And that no matter what,  Jetfan80 will add a laughing face.  Every single time, no matter what.  Its cute having a pet, lol 

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

It's not even what I said...you do this all the time....give it a rest.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I'm sorry for saying my opinion on Zach Wilson was fact.  It feels fact to me.  I know it's very troubling and will have a tremendous impact on life.

The green arrow up, is rep. Meaning, I appreciated the post.

and you wonder why people think you are being a sarcastic tool

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If the Jets organization going forward is as incompetent as the organization that drafted Sam it's reasonable to be pessimistic.  If you at all think the organization, GM and coaching staff are moving in a different direction and might have good judgment and the ability to coach young players then it's SOJ to the core.  

It's just possible that we have a better scouting department and GM who knows talent.  We also might now have a very solid coaching staff that can coach it up.  If that's the case they get the benefit of the doubt on the pick.  Zach Wilson may be a turd, he also might be great or something in between.   Past performance of the Jets with a completely different GM and set of coaches is no guarantee that the Jets will continue to get it wrong going forward.  

I'm as burnt out as anyone on this board.  I hate the Johnsons.  I also will be rooting for this group of football management to get it right and if they pick Zach, I'm on board.  FYI I like the kids demeanor and the way he moves and the way the ball jumps out of his hand.  He looks the part, he works hard and he's clearly a lot edgier than he looks.  He might suck but I'm all in until JD and Saleh sh*t the bed,  not before.  

No offense but I'm allowed to feel how I want to feel.  Until proven otherwise, I have every reason to be pessimistic when it comes to the Jets.  I hope it all works out but I've been through this way to many times to fake confidence.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Excuse me, but who the **** are you?  Get off your high horse and put me on ignore. 

His username is JetBlue.  Zach Wilson's uncle owns JetBlue.  You are sh*tting on Zach Wilson.

DO THE MATH JIFFERSON, DO THE MATH.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

Excuse me, but who the **** are you?  Get off your high horse and put me on ignore. 

i'm a poster on a message board just like you, pal.  if you don't like my posts, you also have the ability to put me on ignore.  it seems you are good at dishing it out, but not so good when it comes back in your face.  i know that is very troubling and will have a tremendous impact on your life...

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Tepper wants to be competitive, and he has coaches that can help coach a QB.

Darnold was the best QB they were going to get here, for an average cost of about $12mm/year for two years.  They can give him a shot.  Nothing is stopping them from drafting a QB this year or next year.  

They can fix and flip him.

But Darnold is not winning you a championship.  He is helping to fill the seats and make the team entertaining.  

The Jets had options for the 2 pick to get a QB for 3-4 years at $10mm/year, and get out of paying Darnold $5mm.  

i was looking at there forum last night and they love Rhule and Brady.

but i dont get the love. Rhule is a rookie NFL coach and went 5-11. Brady as a rookie OC had the team ranked in the 20s in almost all offensive category. 

and Rhule wasnt so great in college. was 47-43 (.522) and 1-2 in bowl games. 

what in there resume suggests they can turn sam around? 

but their board and even some guys here i see think these guys will make sam good. 

and the fans there think Bridgewater regressed. 

they took a 5-11 team to...... 5-11. Rhule and Brady are another 5-11 season away from being Adam Gase and Dowell Loggains

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, doitny said:

i was looking at there forum last night and they love Rhule and Brady.

but i dont get the love. Rhule is a rookie NFL coach and went 5-11. Brady as a rookie OC had the team ranked in the 20s in almost all offensive category. 

and Rhule wasnt so great in college. was 47-43 (.522) and 1-2 in bowl games. 

what in there resume suggests they can turn sam around? 

but their board and even some guys here i see think these guys will make sam good. 

and the fans there think Bridgewater regressed. 

they took a 5-11 team to...... 5-11. Rhule and Brady are another 5-11 season away from being Adam Gase and Dowell Loggains

It's called the grass is always greener.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JiF said:

No offense but I'm allowed to feel how I want to feel.  Until proven otherwise, I have every reason to be pessimistic when it comes to the Jets.  I hope it all works out but I've been through this way to many times to fake confidence.

No offense taken.  A question, until proven otherwise what reason do you have to be pessimistic when it comes to the current Jets management and coaching staff?  I'm a fan, I'm invested, I don't see the upside in blaming Douglas and his staff for past Jets incompetence.  It's frankly irrelevant.  They will either improve the team or they won't.  As a fan I see upside in being rationally optimistic until actual results change my mind.

Don't be fooled by my "Fake" confidence.  I'm simply committed to being a fan and want the new football management to be successful.   I'm not at all convinced either way until there are tangible results either way.  I simply see no upside in blaming them or tying them to past management. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JiF said:

I think the concern is that a 1 year wonder has literally never succeed in the NFL and the Jets are about to draft one at #2 overall.  And then specifically in the Jest situation, you're about to strap a 1 year wonder with an injury history who is total fools gold with a rookie HC, rookie OC who never called a play on a Football field in his life and he happens to be joining the worst team in Football. 

You see, the problem with your statement is that, it is factually not true and you have no way to back it up. You are incurring on a fallacy. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sam Darnold is the big winner of the week, imo

Acutally he would be better off if douglas traded out of 2, back to 12 with the 49ers, and stocked up on picks galore and then douglas drafted mucho offense to help darnold out.  Darnold would have a new OL, new weapons for years to come.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jetblue95 said:

that's lovely and all.

jim nobody cares GIF

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Acutally he would be better off if douglas traded out of 2, back to 12 with the 49ers, and stocked up on picks galore and then douglas drafted mucho offense to help darnold out.  Darnold would have a new OL, new weapons for years to come.

Isn’t that what he basically got anyway? Rhule is a mush, but he’s nice, and Darnold will like that. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

He goes from the Jets to Joe Brady and $18 million dollars in his pocket. 

I think that $18M alone would've probably been enough. 

If his career is never resuscitated, he's probably a $5M back-up for as long as he wants starting in 2023. 

• Upvote 1