Darnold to the Panthers

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Never forget Schefter: “I’ll be surprised if the Jets trade Darnold” for everyone who believes his words are law. 

And Good riddance Darnold you filthy animal ? 

There are no leaks under Joe Douglas.  Every player is his favorite player he wants to keep forever until the player gets traded.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Fck. I’m typing in the other thread. Boom this appears. 

love or hate it - I’m going all in on Rob/JD

Like any of us have a choice.  I am just glad that the drama is over.  Wilson (or FIelds) will be the pick.  Book is clsoed on Darnold as a Jet.  And with him in the other conference, not going to hurt us if he plays well given the change of scenery.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

For that return, would have been smarter to keep him.

Basically, the same stupid mistake we made trading Teddy B for peanuts, before we knew what we had in Sam.

Watch Carolina turn Sam around for a 1st next spring.

To be fair though, Bridgewater sucks too. But he would have gotten us a couple more wins and had us drafting a running back. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There are no leaks under Joe Douglas.  Every player is his favorite player he wants to keep forever until the player gets traded.  

Yet we all pegged Darnold to Carolina and Wilson has been the pick for a couple of weeks, I get your point tho

• Haha 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He basically got the equivalent to 3rd, 5th and 6th this year. 

I would bet that CAR offered a 3rd this year and JD turned it down and preferred a 2nd next year. With their QB situation I don't blame him. That can be a very high 2 next year. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He basically got the equivalent to 3rd, 5th and 6th this year. 

A week ago the chatter was that no one wanted Sam and that we would be lucky to get one FOURTH for him. Fast forward 7 days and here we sit with all these delicious picks for a guy who was never going to throw a pass for us again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

getting the 2nd round pick next year is better than a 3rd this year.  the jets have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds next year.  

The other aspect that's good about it is it will theoretically be much easier to scout 2022 prospects than it was for 2021 prospects due to COVID.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1