Darnold to the Panthers

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What difference does it make if someone does or doesn't? 

The fact that you don't know the difference is the reason why ownership hasn't felt pressure or simply doesn't care about the product they've been putting on the field year in and year out.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

The fact that you don't know the difference is the reason why ownership hasn't felt pressure or simply doesn't care about the product they've been putting on the field year in and year out.

Ownership doesn't give two sh*ts what you or I think.  

And they're well aware the product sucks.  They just don't care a whole lot, as long as they keep printing money.  The Jets are the 7th-most valuable NFL franchise.  They have zero incentive to win. 

I haven't spent a single dollar on the Jets in a long time (the last time I went to a game or bought any merch was in 2012) and my only representation of my fandom is posting here, so you're barking up the wrong tree if you want to go the "YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM" route on this one.

But on the bright side, Douglas seems to be boxing the Johnson's out from the decisions a bit.  So that's a good change.

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ownership doesn't give two sh*ts what you or I think.  

And they're well aware the product sucks.  They just don't care a whole lot, as long as they keep printing money.  The Jets are the 7th-most valuable NFL franchise.  They have zero incentive to win. 

I haven't spent a single dollar on the Jets in a long time (the last time I went to a game or bought any merch was in 2012) and my only representation of my fandom is posting here, so you're barking up the wrong tree if you want to go the "YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM" route on this one.

But on the bright side, Douglas seems to be boxing the Johnson's out from the decisions a bit.  So that's a good change.

It's obvious you lack the knowledge of the power of bycott though out history. The civil rights bill didn't happend because of Dr. Martin L. King's articulant and powerful speeches, it happend because of the power of boycotting. The NBA players forced an owner out of the league just by threating to boycott the playoffs so how can you say owners don't care? So what that you didn't buy any merchandise. If you watched any Jets game last year then you still participated in lacing the owners' pockets.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, STLuLu said:

So you just believe in Douglas just because of...what? Dude has no history and has proven nothing so far so I'm just gonna go off the history of the Jets' front offfice making bad decisions and sucking. If you're that naive to believe the Jets will some how turn years of dysfunction into a dynasty before the start of the 2021 season, then I have 10,000 shares of Blockbuster video I would like to sell you only for a $1,000. You can't pass on this steal.

But your answer to JD only having one draft and a number of good trades is that you think he’ll fail because of others before him?

Im so naive, how can’t I just get that because it Tanny, idzik and Macc I should no JD can’t be good at what he does.  Excuse me.  How are your Blockbuster shares doing?

55 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

It's obvious you lack the knowledge of the power of bycott though out history. The civil rights bill didn't happend because of Dr. Martin L. King's articulant and powerful speeches, it happend because of the power of boycotting. The NBA players forced an owner out of the league just by threating to boycott the playoffs so how can you say owners don't care? So what that you didn't buy any merchandise. If you watched any Jets game last year then you still participated in lacing the owners' pockets.

lol at attempting to equate protests over civil rights or BLM with protests because your team has been poorly managed.

and no, the owners don't really care if you watch the game.  they have huge national tv contracts that pay billions and billions of dollars.  a handful of miffed jets fans ain't changing that 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, STLuLu said:

So many good comparisons between not watching football and the Civil Rights Movements....I don't know where to begin!

Jets fans could all collectively stop going to games or buying merchandise and ownership would still make tons of money off the TV deal.  Like last year, when no fans went to games.  The cap went down a bit, sure.  The owners still pocketed tons of money as usual.  And the league just signed an enormous new deal with Jeff Bezos.

They don't give 2 sh*ts about your boycott plan.  Not 2 sh*ts.  There's zero power there.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, STLuLu said:

It's true. I remember last year when they sent out a google form questionnaire asking just that.

7 hours ago, kmnj said:

lets see how wilson does without a good line and no tight ends and terrible rbs at his disposal . At least he should have a better coach than Sam and a better wr core as well . Sam was as good if not better in college vs better competition

Sam had 36 turnovers in 27 college games. Did we all really think they would disappear? 

As a prospect I would think both Fields and Wilson would be higher then Sam

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, STLuLu said:

It's obvious you lack the knowledge of the power of bycott though out history. The civil rights bill didn't happend because of Dr. Martin L. King's articulant and powerful speeches, it happend because of the power of boycotting.

Blind Date GIF by Originals]

We are talking about football, here. Entertainment. Lighten up. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, STLuLu said:

One might argue that the development of a political consciousness by the masses, with dozens of organisations doing that background work was more important then any boycotting. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gramsci said:

One might argue that the development of a political consciousness by the masses, with dozens of organisations doing that background work was more important then any boycotting. 

....So you’re saying we just need to fly another plane over Florham Park, right?

Yeah, so I heard The Boot got the boot the other day. Good luck, Shoe Booty. The idea of having landed the QB of my dreams is, er, is er, starting all over again. It's like a bad fckn movie at this point. Anyway, there's nothing going on here. I wonder if there's any Chinese food left in the fridge. See ya all later. 

On 4/7/2021 at 3:35 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

So many good comparisons between not watching football and the Civil Rights Movements....I don't know where to begin!

Jets fans could all collectively stop going to games or buying merchandise and ownership would still make tons of money off the TV deal.  Like last year, when no fans went to games.  The cap went down a bit, sure.  The owners still pocketed tons of money as usual.  And the league just signed an enormous new deal with Jeff Bezos.

They don't give 2 sh*ts about your boycott plan.  Not 2 sh*ts.  There's zero power there.  

These annual “let’s ALL boycott” threads are funny. Tied with “let’s force the Johnson’s to sell” threads. 

So effective. 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 6:04 PM, slimjasi said:

Blind Date GIF by Originals]

We are talking about football, here. Entertainment. Lighten up. 

If it's only about entertainment then being a fan of the Jets is pretty dumb because there's nothing entertaining about being tormented for decades.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

If it's only about entertainment then being a fan of the Jets is pretty dumb because there's nothing entertaining about being tormented for decades.

I started out in the Dick Kotite years.  I’m actually less optimistic now then I was at the end of 1996

45 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

No sh*t being a Jets fan is dumb. I would I could go back and talk to my 10 year old self . . . but I can't. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, STLuLu said:

What?  No.  Wrong.  I keep coming back to this board in large part for the meltdowns. 

Fans of terrible franchises are some of the funniest people you'll ever meet.  Ever met a Lions fan?  All 3 of them should be professional comedians. 

We can't change the team we root for.  We just can't.  You either stick with your team or walk away from the sport entirely.  So you have to find entertainment any way you can.

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I started out in the Dick Kotite years.  I’m actually less optimistic now then I was at the end of 1996

Thankfully for me I was in the navy during that time and couldn't watch football so I was spared that horrible experience.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You have captured Jets fandom very well here.

We are all Red.

I feel like Sam Beckett in quantum leap (probably dating myself there...). I keep hoping the next leap is the one that gets it right and makes all the misery worthwhile.  Im getting pretty far down the road from Clueless Joe Walton and Steinberg. I pray Joe and Saleh can finally get it done.

• Upvote 2