Darnold to the Panthers

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Once, just once, I want us to trade down. You know how many times I've won the superbowl by trading down in my mock drafts that I complete in about 7 minutes online?

EVERY TIME. THATS HOW MANY.

Maybe JD will actively trade down our extra 1st rounders over the next 2 years. We need as many top 100 picks as it takes to stack this roster. Trading down for good picks (not 5,6,7th rounders), can fill out a sh*tty roster easily. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

Not many people factoring in we would be on the hook for $25 million next year. I’m sorry..I like Sam a lot. But he’s not good enough to warrant that price tag when we have so many holes to fill. 

We wouldn’t have been on the hook for 25 million next year.  we were not going to pick up his option either way. if Sam played well and he stayed in our team they would’ve franchised him and traded him for a better haul. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Once, just once, I want us to trade down. You know how many times I've won the superbowl by trading down in my mock drafts that I complete in about 7 minutes online?

EVERY TIME. THATS HOW MANY.

I think it's a virtual lock we trade down from 23.  If that helps.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I’m okay with trading Darnold. All things considered, they got an okay return. I just have zero faith in any QB not named Lawrence in this draft. Part of me thinks we’ve basically traded the devil you know for the devil you don’t. I’m just not sure it’s going to work this time either. It’ll be interesting to see who they sign to back up. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

It’s not gonna be easy to root for Sam to do well while the Panthers go 0-16, but that’s where I’ll be. 

Yeah I'm more interested in Seattle crapping the bed.  I'm going to root for Sam and hope he and Wilson meet up in a Superbowl.

• Upvote 3

terrilbe move and bad value and picks of value "next year" jets always want you to wait until next year

joe d apologists will say you cant judge joe this year because he has a rookie qb so we will have to wait until his 4th year to get five wins

I would rather have had sam sewell pitts vs wilson  a dead man walking on the line and griffin and herndon