Jump to content

The last Jets player I will ever "Love". 😆


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Was all in on Sam. Watched that Rose Bowl game, in awe of the 19 year old kid playing QB in a College game, looking like a FQB. 

 

And when he dropped to us and we drafted him, I went nuts! Couldn't believe we got "The Natural". I was in Indianapolis at a Firefighter Conference and watched the Draft with hundreds of Firefighters at a big Irish Bar. Hadn't been so excited about a draft pick in...years.

 

And then it all went to crap. 

I'm done with getting emotionally invested in these guys. Too old for that.

So, goodbye Sam. I wish you health and good fortune, but hope your new team goes 3-13 next year so the Jets picks are higher. 

I am right there with you. Feel the same exact way about Sam (except I I hope does well).  

But Zach is so dreamy I may fall in love again. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I never cared for Darnold but I loved Sanchez. Young Latin guy who looked related to me. My family watched football just to see him. Then he sucked and I got over it because I want to win games, but my family watched the Eagles when he was there and the short Redskins blip as well. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, freestater said:

I'll save us all by not buying a Dimples jersey, then we'll finally have a player. 

Same. Then again,  the last "real" Jersey I bought was a Kris Jenkins #77 (QB CB,WR etc look ridiculous on 6'2 285 lb'ers lol)

 

And of course, Big Jenks immediately went out for the season, turned into a china doll, and was never dominant again for the rest of his short stint with the Jets. 

 

LOL 

 

I'll stick with my throwbacks from now on...and Someday I WILL fit back into the badass Chrebet/Jets baseball style Jersey I've owned since March 1998.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Same. Then again,  the last "real" Jersey I bought was a Kris Jenkins #77 (QB CB,WR etc look ridiculous on 6'2 285 lb'ers lol)

 

And of course, Big Jenks immediately went out for the season, turned into a china doll, and was never dominant again for the rest of his short stint with the Jets. 

 

LOL 

 

I'll stick with my throwbacks from now on...and Someday I WILL fit back into the badass Chrebet/Jets baseball style Jersey I've owned since March 1998.

Sam in black, green Jamal Adam's and Enunwa. Those are my last three jerseys. 

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I never cared for Darnold but I loved Sanchez. Young Latin guy who looked related to me. My family watched football just to see him. Then he sucked and I got over it because I want to win games, but my family watched the Eagles when he was there and the short Redskins blip as well. 

I still love Mark. Really good person and you can easily see that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I still love Mark. Really good person and you can easily see that.

But more importantly he was good looking in a similar way to me. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, freestater said:

Sam in black, green Jamal Adam's and Enunwa. Those are my last three jerseys. 

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

I had Keyshawn when I was 5 and Revis when I was 14. I learned pretty quickly that Jets jerseys were a terrible investment, so I stopped buying them.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, freestater said:

Sam in black, green Jamal Adam's and Enunwa. Those are my last three jerseys. 

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

I'll raise you my Pennington, Revis, and Wilkerson Jerseys.😜

Only sadder because of the time elapsed and the failed timelines they represent... Drinkyson being the saddest, got his pay day and went home to blackout. But Mevis and Penny are sad in their own rights for their own reasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I had Keyshawn when I was 5 and Revis when I was 14. I learned pretty quickly that Jets jerseys were a terrible investment, so I stopped buying them.

I think it's smart to go older for jerseys that way you know what you have and don't have to worry about the player busting or being traded.... My next jersey will be a Klecko throwback.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Same. Then again,  the last "real" Jersey I bought was a Kris Jenkins #77 (QB CB,WR etc look ridiculous on 6'2 285 lb'ers lol)

 

And of course, Big Jenks immediately went out for the season, turned into a china doll, and was never dominant again for the rest of his short stint with the Jets. 

 

LOL 

 

I'll stick with my throwbacks from now on...and Someday I WILL fit back into the badass Chrebet/Jets baseball style Jersey I've owned since March 1998.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, freestater said:

Sam in black, green Jamal Adam's and Enunwa. Those are my last three jerseys. 

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

You should skip getting a Wilson jersey. He doesn't need that juju on him.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Was all in on Sam. Watched that Rose Bowl game, in awe of the 19 year old kid playing QB in a College game, looking like a FQB. 

 

And when he dropped to us and we drafted him, I went nuts! Couldn't believe we got "The Natural". I was in Indianapolis at a Firefighter Conference and watched the Draft with hundreds of Firefighters at a big Irish Bar. Hadn't been so excited about a draft pick in...years.

 

And then it all went to crap. 

I'm done with getting emotionally invested in these guys. Too old for that.

So, goodbye Sam. I wish you health and good fortune, but hope your new team goes 3-13 next year so the Jets picks are higher. 

Yep me too. The healing starts now. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My last was Sanchez. After he let me down I'm not all in on anyone.

I root for them, but it's not the same

Was all in on Sam. Watched that Rose Bowl game, in awe of the 19 year old kid playing QB in a College game, looking like a FQB. 
 
And when he dropped to us and we drafted him, I went nuts! Couldn't believe we got "The Natural". I was in Indianapolis at a Firefighter Conference and watched the Draft with hundreds of Firefighters at a big Irish Bar. Hadn't been so excited about a draft pick in...years.
 
And then it all went to crap. 
I'm done with getting emotionally invested in these guys. Too old for that.
So, goodbye Sam. I wish you health and good fortune, but hope your new team goes 3-13 next year so the Jets picks are higher. 


Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PS17 said:

I had Keyshawn when I was 5 and Revis when I was 14. I learned pretty quickly that Jets jerseys were a terrible investment, so I stopped buying them.

Holy f i had you pegged for late 60s

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Holy f i had you pegged for late 60s

Hahaha, I’m not surprised. Between my grouchy persona and old George Carlin avatar... I’m actually pretty cheery in real life. Being miserable online is oddly satisfying though. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Was all in on Sam. Watched that Rose Bowl game, in awe of the 19 year old kid playing QB in a College game, looking like a FQB. 

 

And when he dropped to us and we drafted him, I went nuts! Couldn't believe we got "The Natural". I was in Indianapolis at a Firefighter Conference and watched the Draft with hundreds of Firefighters at a big Irish Bar. Hadn't been so excited about a draft pick in...years.

 

And then it all went to crap. 

I'm done with getting emotionally invested in these guys. Too old for that.

So, goodbye Sam. I wish you health and good fortune, but hope your new team goes 3-13 next year so the Jets picks are higher. 

ditto.....  I hope he wins big time .  

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Hahaha, I’m not surprised. Between my grouchy persona and old George Carlin avatar... I’m actually pretty cheery in real life. Being miserable online is oddly satisfying though. 

I just spit out some good wine you bastard. You owe me.  THAT was hilarious.  Take a bow. 😂😂😂

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

I'll raise you my Pennington, Revis, and Wilkerson Jerseys.😜

Only sadder because of the time elapsed and the failed timelines they represent... Drinkyson being the saddest, got his pay day and went home to blackout. But Mevis and Penny are sad in their own rights for their own reasons.

I only buy TRUE Jets jerseys .   Guys who will go int the JETS HOF per se.  I own 2 Namaths, a Brick, Klecko, and Cotchery.   I won a Darnold. Still in its original package.    I wish him well.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...