Joe does it again

7 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

When it looked like the market dried up, I’m impressed he walked away with 3 picks. Schefter reported it was in talks for weeks and he got them to keep upping the compensation, even while they were the only team in on him. Good GMing 

i wonder if the media reports today that the Jets may consider keeping Darnold even if they draft a QB at 2 tipped the scales in our favor

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Well..Everyone claims that a 2 next year is a 3, in value .. same with the 4 next year being a 5..it's next year. So we got a 6 this year...We gave up the number three pick and three 2nd rounders for Sam. Sorry, if I don't sound excited. Joe D. is looking like another failed GM in a long list of failed GM's. Dolphins got 2 #1's and more. Joe D. got taken to the woodshed. 

If in fact he takes Wilson, and he fails, Joe D. is fired and the "cycle of suck" lives on. If he takes Sewell, and Morgan starts, and thrives,  I would have a lot more respect for him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 18
  • WTF? 1

16 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

When it looked like the market dried up, I’m impressed he walked away with 3 picks. Schefter reported it was in talks for weeks and he got them to keep upping the compensation, even while they were the only team in on him. Good GMing 

What helped was not signing a vet backup QB(which they can now do). Had they done that prior to this trade then his value would have dropped a lot since even if one team left in Panthers then knew the Jets were drafting a QB at #2 and have a vet backups they were certainly dropping Darnold. Instead Jets put it out there that they could keep Darnold for next year along with the QB drafted at #2 and the Panthers bought that or they would not have given up what they did. Smart move by the Jets. Now sign Nick Mullen if he is available since he can be the vet QB that knows the Offense.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

People have been sitting around saying how much Darnold sucks for at least the last 6 months and some of you guys are pissed because we didn’t flip a largely disappointing QB for a kings ransom?

I loved Darnold. Him falling into the Jets lap is hands down my fondest draft memory.

But it didn’t work out...

Oh well. Wish it would’ve gone differently and the Jets would’ve surrounded him with adequate talent and a coaching staff who could distinguish their assh0les from their elbows...but it is what it is.

This is a completely different front office and coaching staff. Aside from Woody and Chris, there is literally no one left in Florham Park that played a part in drafting Sam Darnold.

Realize that it’s a 3 year old sunken cost, move on and embrace the Zach Wilson era with a sh*tload of additional picks and cap flexibility over the next two years.

This isn't a sh*t load of picks. Get real, the Dolphins owned us.

I really do hope, if it is Wilson, he thrives, but it is not likely at all. A small, injury prone kid from a lesser football program. I just can't get on board with this kid.

• Thumb Down 10

18 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

My fondest draft memory was:

“With the 51st pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...Christian Hackenberg...Quarterback...Penn State.”  

Lol I was at a Mexican restaurant with friends, exploded and made the bartender to change the TV. Proceeded to down a bottle of Hornitos anjejo. 

My worst draft memory. Well, after Marino. 

First Thursday night draft. I was at my.....a bowling league's last night. Watched us grab that useless tool Quinton Copeles in front of a bunch of slack jawed yokels. Thank god I was strapped. 

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

2021:

1st

1st

2nd

3rd

3rd

4th

5th

5th

6th

6th

2022:

1st

1st

2nd

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

6th

7th

7th

What the hell do you mean that isn’t a sh*t load of picks?

If Douglas gets the QB right and is even remotely worth his salt at drafting (which is supposedly his forte) then the Jets are in the best shape they’ve been in since....hell, decades.

Let's talk reality, everyone gets picks 1-7.  Looks so impressive when you leave out J. Adam, L. Williams, etc. 

We are a really bad football team that is drifting in open waters. Jets won how many games last year under the great joe Douglas's shrewed moves? It's not all Madden football. We literally have zero high end talent on this team, less the hope some Douglas picks succeed.

Who is the best player on the Jets right now? Not one legitimate star. We are staring at a 1 win season. That is why they needed to go full blown trading out of the position and draft top linemen, LB's, WR's, CBs, TE, etc . QB is a quick fix dream.  Another fail until proven otherwise.  If he misses this draft he is done. 

• Thumb Down 3

23 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

2021:

1st

1st

2nd

3rd

3rd

4th

5th

5th

6th

6th

2022:

1st

1st

2nd

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

6th

7th

7th

What the hell do you mean that isn’t a sh*t load of picks?

If Douglas gets the QB right and is even remotely worth his salt at drafting (which is supposedly his forte) then the Jets are in the best shape they’ve been in since....hell, decades.

You missed 2 4ths

1 minute ago, freestater said:

First Thursday night draft. I was at my.....a bowling league's last night. Watched us grab that useless tool Quinton Copeles in front of a bunch of slack jawed yokels. Thank god I was strapped. 

Uggghhhh his brands grossed me out. Always thought we’d see one ripped off. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, undertow said:

I don't know who is more annoying the doom and gloom crowd or the Joe Douglas is a genius crowd.

I think both sides are loud fringe groups. The middle 75% of JetNation realizes the jury is still out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, usapaw said:

Well..Everyone claims that a 2 next year is a 3, in value .. same with the 4 next year being a 5..it's next year. So we got a 6 this year...We gave up the number three pick and three 2nd rounders for Sam. Sorry, if I don't sound excited. Joe D. is looking like another failed GM in a long list of failed GM's. Dolphins got 2 #1's and more. Joe D. got taken to the woodshed. 

If in fact he takes Wilson, and he fails, Joe D. is fired and the "cycle of suck" lives on. If he takes Sewell, and Morgan starts, and thrives,  I would have a lot more respect for him. 

Here we go! Thank you from the Miami Dolphins Finheaven forums. 

• Upvote 1