Will the Jets now sign a veteran back up QB? If so, who?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trade a day 3 pick for Minshew. Let him start the year. Then he's the backup until his contract is up and we got a comp pick from the team that signs him.

If Sam Darnold had put up a career 37:11 TD/INT ratio (2 seasons), you'd be clamoring to pay him Mahomes money.  

Posted Images

Mullens and Minshew have proven nothing other than the fact they can lose.

Get Alex Smith in here pronto.  I have a feeling he's going to be needed this year.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I probably stole it from you. I read it somewhere here and was instantly on board.

He put up much better numbers on a bad Jags team as a rookie than Sam has ever come close to for us. Think he fits the West Coast scheme well also. Minshew throwing to Corey Davis, Jamison Crowder, Denzel Mims, Keelan Cole, <insert rookie WR> until Wilson is ready actually sounds awesome.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

He put up much better numbers on a bad Jags team as a rookie than Sam has ever come close to for us. Think he fits the West Coast scheme well also. Minshew throwing to Corey Davis, Jamison Crowder, Denzel Mims, Keelan Cole, <insert rookie WR> until Wilson is ready actually sounds awesome.

No matter what, I think The Mustache is good enough to start the season, maybe even play the full season.

Would love to let Wilson sit for a while, even it's just 8 games.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Get Alex Smith in here pronto.  I have a feeling he's going to be needed this year.

I don’t think there’s a reason to be picky. All 3 are decent options and have shown they can produce better numbers in an offense than Sam Darnold has. (Situation differences aside) 

4 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

No matter what, I think The Mustache is good enough to start the season, maybe even play the full season.

Would love to let Wilson sit for a while, even it's just 8 games.

I don’t think any 4th or 5th round pick can help the team wins games in 2021 (such as a rookie corner, or Tier 3 OL) as much as Minshew possibly could by starting 8 games. It will also, as you mentioned, significantly help prepare Wilson for the speed of the game. I’d spend that 4th rounder at the most.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Sam Darnold had put up a career 37:11 TD/INT ratio (2 seasons), you'd be clamoring to pay him Mahomes money.  

If Mullens or Minshew were put in Darnolds position the last 3 years they'd be selling insurance by now.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Pac said:

If Mullens or Minshew were put in Darnolds position the last 3 years they'd be selling insurance by now.

The Jaguars are picking # 1 overall this year.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

There's plenty of guys on the market you can pay 5-10 mil year to back up or play half the year no one is giving up draft picks for Teddy Bridewater or Minschew.....  Plus isn't Teddy making 16 mil a year?  Just sign Mullens or Smith does it really matter this team is still a year away.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Both would have beaten out Sam Darnold for the starting job here. 

Joe Flacco outplayed Sam Darnold with the same team. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Pac said:

You guys will forever get to use his situation as a defensive mechanism until the day he flops with a better offense & coach.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You guys will forever get to use his situation as a defensive mechanism until the day he flops with a better offense & coach.

Let me know when that happens.

Just now, Pac said:

Mike.Glennon.

How does Mike Glennon prove that Gardner Minshew's situation was better than Sam Darnold's?   We're talking about QB's being impacted by their supporting cast and you bring up.....another QB?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How does Mike Glennon prove that Gardner Minshew's situation was better than Sam Darnold's?   We're talking about QB's being impacted by their supporting cast and you bring up.....another QB?

Let me put it this way..  no one, I mean NO ONE, is giving up a 4th let alone an addtl 2nd and 6th for Garden Minchew.  Get bent.

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Roll with James Morgan. Who the hell cares if we win a game or two with a backup QB. Use that money to support Zach Wilson.

Seriously! What the hell is the point of acquiring these picks, and then using them on guys, and then not dressing the ******* guys?

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Let me put it this way..  no one, I mean NO ONE, is giving up a 4th let alone an addtl 2nd and 6th for Garden Minchew.  Get bent.

Right, because Minshew was a former 6th round pick and Darnold was a former # 3 overall pick.  Draft pedigree keeps guys like Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez bouncing around the league, getting chance after chance.  Minshew isn't in that club.  He's still a superior QB to Darnold.  

Nice pivot after your argument was falling flat, though.  Today was another bad day for your QB takes so I'll leave you be.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Right, because Minshew was a former 6th round pick and Darnold was a former # 3 overall pick.  Draft pedigree keeps guys like Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez bouncing around the league, getting chance after chance.  Minshew isn't in that club.  He's still a superior QB to Darnold.  

bullshit looking down GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

cool, when what happens? When Sam Darnold actually plays bad on your terms or when you wake up & open your eyes?

Mental note:  remember to get PKs apology next December.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Pac said:

He will be

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why, if I might ask, are you in favor of that? 

Apart from "played in the system", of course.

There's not much on the market and he performed viably when pressed into games for SF. He's not going to be Hostettler coming off the bench for Simms, but he's good enough to give the team a chance to win if he has to start a game or five in the season. Which is all you can really ask from a vet backup who is still unsigned this far into FA. Plus, as you say, he knows the system. 

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

vinny-testaverde1.thumb.jpg.eaaaa530a29b2b175ec50e71b3d73a90.jpg

1998 was an amazing year all around. Might be the last time I was actually truly still happy....😆 

******* Anhedonia. 

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I have just the guy, experienced knows the league, knows the jets as a team....will come cheap

genoo.0.gif

JhsI.gif