kevinc855 craps on the Darnold trade

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

As soon as I read the title and saw you posted it I already knew the result. If nothing else you are predictable. 

wow, interesting you thought exactly what I thought. Didn’t even see this post before I replied with mine. That’s quite telling! Lmao.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Think the article is spot on

IS there something you dispute

For Darnold, there won't be anymore excuses if the results don't pick up and if his tendency to throw maddening interceptions doesn't end, but for a quarterback with a career completion percentage under 60 percent, this is about as good a landing spot as one could hope for.

Besides the [sic] use of “anymore” and the implication that the last three years of league-worst QB play can be excused? No.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

According to Battista, great move for Panthers. This seems to be a wide held opinion. 

Sam Darnold trade: Who are the winners and losers? (nfl.com)

I think it was a win for both teams.  However it has potential to be a awesome move  for Carolina.  Obviously we were set in drafting a new QB so getting back 3 picks including a second helps build around the young kid

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Besides the [sic] use of “anymore” and the implication that the last three years of league-worst QB play can be excused? No.

Wait, no, one more thing:

Darnold also had an incredible amount of bad injury luck, missing time for, among other things, an injured shoulder and mononucleosis.

My only dispute here is: lol

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We can judge the trade in two years, when we get whomever we're getting from those picks (the 6th this year and 4th next year are mostly irrelevant, the #2 next year is the meat of the trade for us) and when we see how Sam plays in 2021 down there.  Hot takes now are silly.

This trade will ultimately be judged by Wilson’s success or failure. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, FidelioJet said:

This trade will ultimately be judged by Wilson’s success or failure. 

As you yourself have repeatedly said, the Wilson decision was already made a while ago.

This trade will be judged (as little as our fanbase judges such things) primarily on how Darnold does vs. the players get get at the the picks we received. 

The Wilson pick will stand or fall on his own.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

As soon as I read the title and saw you posted it I already knew the result. If nothing else you are predictable. 

If nothing else, this write up is just one more illustration of how draft position clouds people’s judgment of players.  Darnold will get multiple chances to prove himself b/c he was (once) considered to be a very good prospect.  If he’s drafted in the 4th round his name is Bryce petty and he’s out of the nfl next season.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

As you yourself have repeatedly said, the Wilson decision was already made a while ago.

This trade will be judged (as little as our fanbase judges such things) primarily on how Darnold does vs. the players get get at the the picks we received. 

The Wilson pick will stand or fall on his own.

Fair enough. I can see your point for sure. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yea there is media outside this forums circle jerk on a gm who has gotten us 9 wins in two seasons 

The circle jerk here is much better than the media circle jerk. The team would be better served running a JN poll than what they've done since I've joined the last 15 years listening to the media. Team doesn't listen to us

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I assure you some of our older fans rotted much harder for wins than you. Isn’t that right @joewilly12

Im not rotted yet. 

I always root for the NY Jets to win.

Once the season was over and we were 0 for whatever winning would be being able to draft Trevor Lawrence we obviously lost on that. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yea there is media outside this forums circle jerk on a gm who has gotten us 9 wins in two seasons 

It’s taken him 2 years to clean up the mess. It’s been a 2 year tear down. 
Seriously, he’s done a very good job of tearing things down while adding resources. 
It takes fortitude to follow through on this.  
But in all fairness, that was the easier part. It’s time to build now. 

he needs to start adding talent and building a team. The cash and picks are there - now he has to deliver. 

40 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Think the article is spot on

IS there something you dispute

Is there anything from that article that you couldn't have figured out yourself?

Darnold going to more talented offense. Good for him. No kidding.

Bridgewater now out of a job.. Bad for him. No kidding.

Watson has one less place to go.. Bad for him. No kidding

Jets need to be right with Wilson. No kidding.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1