So this is what our Offense could look like...

So assuming we go Wilson and let’s say OL like @football guy is saying they’re targeting with 23. This is what the offense could look like week 1. 

QB: Wilson

RB: Coleman, Perrine, Johnson, Adams

TE: Herndon, Kroft

WR: Davis, V.Smith

WR: Mims, Cole

WR: Crowder, Berrios

LT: Becton

LG: Slater? Jenkins? Vera Tucker?

C : McGovern

RG: Van Roten

RT: Fant

Not bad. Not great. Seems like a “they’ll get the job done” group but no real take the top off a defense type playmakers anywhere. Or anyone you gotta really worry about. 
RB, G, WR, TE still need upgrades.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

Today was the most definitive statement touting OL after selecting Zach at #2 as I've heard all offseason. That was the sentiment among both people inside and outside the building. Apparently the team's leadership made an emphatic statement about continuing to build the OL around their QB after the trade was finalized, stating that dominating the line of scrimmage on the offensive side will go a long way towards supporting a young QB and establishing sustainable success year-in and year-out. 

Don't think it necessarily means they're going to blindly take an OL, but Douglas is a guy who drafts best value at a position of need over best player available... I think they'll try to move up and will have a few people in mind (i.e. Kyle Pitts if he falls past Miami), but absent that, may focus on OL over other positions like WR. I think DE would be the fall back. 

Whats the word on them taking an offensive tackle in the first 2 rds? Are they seriously OK with Fant at RT?

Thi

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

So assuming we go Wilson and let’s say OL like @football guy is saying they’re targeting with 23. This is what the offense could look like week 1. 

Not bad. Not great. Seems like a “they’ll get the job done” group but no real take the top off a defense type playmakers anywhere. Or anyone you gotta really worry about. 

That’s 5-11 right now

I do expect upgrades in the draft tho 

Needs serious O-line help.

Needs a legit #1 pass catching threat (maybe Mims or Davis shows themselves to be that).

Needs a RB (maybe one of these guys rise up)

New Coach, new system, it's hard to be definitive tbqh about things.

But as it stands, it looks (to me) like it needs serious help at the skill spots and interior O-line.

Pretty bad offensive cast of players btw.

Douglas should consider trading draft picks for proven NFL talent. 

We need to do what the Bills did for Allen and what the Browns did for Mayfield. Weapons upon weapons and studs on the Oline - on day 1. Period.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Barton said:

Whats the word on them taking an offensive tackle in the first 2 rds? Are they seriously OK with Fant at RT?

Thi

Not sure but I'm pretty convinced they'll take an OL in round 1 and use that player as a G for at least one season, if not going forward. Could be to trade up for AVT, could be a guy like Teven Jenkins, could even be a surprise like Creed Humphrey. Will find out more over the next week and while there's always the possibility the board doesn't fall their way, but it sounds like the team is hellbent on building this offensive line. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Not sure but I'm pretty convinced they'll take an OL in round 1 and use that player as a G for at least one season, if not going forward. Could be to trade up for AVT, could be a guy like Teven Jenkins, could even be a surprise like Creed Humphrey. Will find out more over the next week and while there's always the possibility the board doesn't fall their way, but it sounds like the team is hellbent on building this offensive line. 

Always thankful for your info.

Regarding the draft I keep seeing AVT, Jenkins gone by 23. Maybe Cosmi or Mayfield?? Creed or Dickerson? 

maybe double up at 34

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

Feel like Jenkins will be gone a few spots prior

53 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Lots more 2 wide incoming than past years. Fullback or another tight end. Or both. I think it’ll be only one wide receiver on the field more than four. They really need to figure out the tight end position.

Pitts and going wild on OL in rounds 3/4 would be ideal. A Pitts, Spencer Brown, Quinn Meinerz, Kendrick Green draft really gets this thing moving more than anything they could do with an OL in the first IMO - much as I like Tommy Tremble’s fit if they don’t manage to land Pitts.

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

People will scoff at the names on this offensive roster but I'm pretty confident of guys can stay healthy, with LaFleur and an infusion of young talent from the draft in guys like Wilson, Jenkins/Vera-Tucker/Slater/Mayfield (on the o-line) and Michael Carter (who the Jets seem to be targeting in Rd 3), this offense will be surprisingly productive.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Not great, but realistically I don't think the Jets should be expected to be winning many games next year. They need to be competitive next year and show a pulse, and develop Wilson and give him more to work with, so he doesn't get totally screwed like Darnold did 

We need serious help on interior OL. That absolutely must be priority in first 3 rounds. It should be prioritized over weapons which to me aren't as mad as some on here make it out to be. Weapons could be bigger priority in next years draft, first we need to protect Zach Wilson at all costs.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Feel like Jenkins will be gone a few spots prior

I think he’s a target, and Pauline reported the same a few days ago. They met with him a few times over zoom, fits the athletic profile Douglas desires, and has the nastiness they look for. Feel like everyone’s OL boards are going to be all over the place though so not sure what to think yet

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Amazing how many years now that people have been posting this sentiment.

It's just a fact. The roster is not good, it's a total rebuild. We may not like it but it is what it is right now.