Mo Wilk, Dee Milliner, Calvin Pryor, Darron Lee, Quinton Coples

46 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Once gain even though they failed badly Idziks picks were superior to Macs.

Took a CB at 9, yeah Milliner flamed out quick but he was good for a few games at the end of the season and Cb is a premium position.

Shel Rich a great looking DT at 13

Pryor a safety at 18 and jace amaro a TE at 49, Geno at 39

4 oline in two years.

His valuing of picks made sense he simply was dreadful at the actual drafting.

idzik gets way too much discredit for the jets.  he was only gm for two seasons.  as you said his pick priorities were mostly right, the guys he picked just weren't that good.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I was just watching ESPN this morning and they listed the Jets first round picks for about the last 10 years not only is Bechton the only one still on the team, but the guys listed above are not even in the league anymore. Bart Scott said do you know how bad you have to suck to be a first round pick and nobody wants to give you a chance. 

This is why the Jets are so bad. 

Really?

LOL, hopefully JD changes this.

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Edit:

Jets will also to be the first team in the history of the NFL draft to pick a QB twice in the first round in the top 3 in a 4 year span. 

Still not anywhere near as bad as having to draft 2 QBs in the first round within 3 years.  Even if Cleveland did use the 22nd pick both these times.  Weeden in 2012 and Manziel in 2014.

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I was just watching ESPN this morning and they listed the Jets first round picks for about the last 10 years not only is Bechton the only one still on the team, but the guys listed above are not even in the league anymore. Bart Scott said do you know how bad you have to suck to be a first round pick and nobody wants to give you a chance. 

Relevance to now? 

None.

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

the sad thing is there are MANY folks on here that defended Mac and Izadick over and over and over again-we needed to be "patient"-they had "a plan"

now folks are hyping Joe D like he has accomplished something spectacular-he is gm of the second worst team in football-until the team actually wins games and fields a competitive roster I will wait to crown him....

Well, I would assert that he has. I liked his first draft. I thought he did much better than any of the yahoos from the last 10 years. It's more cautious optimism at this point. However, I don't I ever spent a day speaking nicely of Mac, Idzik, or Tanny. They were all atrocious. But put me down for being a Joe Douglas fan....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/06/sam-darnold-is-sixth-consecutive-first-round-draft-pick-jets-have-traded/

Sam Darnold is sixth consecutive first-round draft pick Jets have traded

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 6, 2021, 10:06 AM EDT

When the Jets traded quarterback Sam Darnold to the Panthers on Monday, they continued a long trend of trading away their first-round draft picks.

In fact, Darnold, whom the Jets drafted in 2018, was the sixth consecutive first-round pick they traded.

In 2017, the Jets picked safety Jamal Adams sixth overall. Last year they traded him to the Seahawks.

In 2016, the Jets picked linebacker Darron Lee 20th overall. In 2019, they traded him to the Chiefs.

In 2015, the Jets picked defensive lineman Leonard Williams sixth overall. In 2019 they traded him to the Giants.

In 2014, the Jets picked safety Calvin Pryor 18th overall. In 2017, they traded him to the Browns.

In 2013, the Jets picked defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson 13th overall. In 2017 they traded him to the Seahawks.

The last first-round pick the Jets didn’t trade was cornerback Dee Milliner, whom they selected ninth overall in 2013. They cut him in 2016.

That the Jets were able to trade those six first-round picks shows that they weren’t complete busts, as a complete bust has no trade value. But it’s certainly not ideal for the Jets that their first-round picks aren’t sticking around long enough to sign second contracts.

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

the sad thing is there are MANY folks on here that defended Mac and Izadick over and over and over again-we needed to be "patient"-they had "a plan"

now folks are hyping Joe D like he has accomplished something spectacular-he is gm of the second worst team in football-until the team actually wins games and fields a competitive roster I will wait to crown him....

Love how you're still on your hating Joe D propaganda lol.

The fact is, it's way too early to conclude if Joe D is a failure or not. Idzik and Mac had enough time and they proved they sucked.

This is also Joe D's 2nd really offseason. This was still Mac's team with Joe D having to clean it. Joe D will be judged based on what he does this offseason and next, especially with the drafts. If he completely bombs out on them, then I will be right there with you and conclude him being in that Idzik and Mac tier of being horrible GM's.

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

And this is why we hired Joe Douglas