Sam excited for his next chapter

4 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Listen, do i think Sam will be better this yr than last? Of course he will be, it would be almost impossible to be worse than he was last yr. Will he ever be a top 15 qb, absolutely not.

Ummmmmm the video clip’s main point has nothing to do with Sam being elite. The clip in question was pointing out that Zach Wilson is going to be judged in comparison to Lawrence and whomever the 49ers draft and i agree with that. 

I feel bad for him.  Hes going to another bad team in a tough division with two of the best coaching staffs in the league.  

its another situation with a team thats overmatched by coaching and talent in the division.  TB was not the problem their. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmm the video clip’s main point has nothing to do with Sam being elite. The clip in question was pointing out that Zach Wilson is going to be judged in comparison to Lawrence and whomever the 49ers draft and i agree with that. 

False, he will be judged based on his own performance. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, QB1 said:

would you have tweeted that?

I don't think it's a big deal. I don't think it's anything but a guy expressing a little emotion about losing a teammate of three years. I don't think Joe Douglas took any notice. 

I think Maye gets extended. 

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just think about this for a minute.

How BAD this Jets organization was the past 3 years.  This guy was LITERALLY the worst ranked QB in the NFL - and just got $19mm...

The Panthers just said - the Jets are sooooo bad that we think the worst QB in the league is worth $19mm a year and 3 draft picks.

So sad, so very, very sad.

Let's hope JD knows how to build!

Agree, and why do we think Sam will flourish with Carolina?

They bet over 45 million on Bridgewater, and he was terrible. Clearly, they have no credibility in evaluating qbs..

1 minute ago, slats said:

I don't think it's a big deal. I don't think it's anything but a guy expressing a little emotion about losing a teammate of three years. I don't think Joe Douglas took any notice. 

I think Maye gets extended. 

Probably, though I am sure his agent is not happy with the tweet. 

1 minute ago, QB1 said:

False, he will be judged based on his own performance. 

Again did you even listen to the clip!

They pointed out that Mike T former Chicago QB is considered a bust but Prescott of Dallas is getting paid because of context and expectations.  

Good Grief!

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Again did you even listen to the clip!

They pointed out that Mike T former Chicago QB is considered a bust but Prescott of Dallas is getting paid because of context and expectations.  

Good Grief!

Sorry what? Is this sarcasm? Prescott has been elite the last two years. 

15 minutes ago, freestater said:

We must over analyze everything ever said/ tweeted/facial expressions/body language of every Jets player ever dude. 

Hey, it seemed like he was frustrated by the move. That’s usually the reaction you have on social media if you don’t agree with something but also don’t intend on making it obvious.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

Jets have done a complete reset.  I commend Joe Douglas for doing so.  Sam was not the right fit for the New York market.  Let's be real, Jets need star potential at the QB position.  Charisma, looks, confidence and talent.

really the bolded is needed to win in NY ? Eli says hi

I have never heard any gm draft a guy for his looks lol

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, QB1 said:

Sorry what? Is this sarcasm? Prescott has been elite the last two years. 

Again I ask did you even listen to the video that I referenced?  They made valid points that I had not thought of and which this fan base needs to keep in mind before Wilson gets here and folks start ripping him!!

That was my point.  

I am not sure what your point is?  If you don’t think that Wilson needs protection from at an at times impulsive fan base, we simply disagree

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Again I ask did you even listen to the video that I referenced?  They made valid points that I had not thought of and which this fan base needs to keep in mind before Wilson gets here and folks start ripping him!!

That was my point.  

I am not sure what your point is?  If you don’t think that Wilson needs protection from at an at times impulsive fan base, we simply disagree

No I didn’t. Prescott is being paid because he performed at at elite level. Trubisky is not because he sucks. Where they were drafted is completely irrelevant

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I really wish him nothing but the best. What this team did to him was absolutely criminal. Its a shame.

I don’t believe for one second that Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, or Josh Allen would be what they are if they were drafted here and went through the same experience. I believe Sam has the ability to be better than all of those guys.

He had a lot of bad luck here. The obvious we all know. But think how BAD it was!

• GM who isn’t in the league and wasn’t ever considered for a GM job prior or after us.

• 2 OC’s not in the league anymore, 1 of them was out of the league for almost a decade prior.

• 2 of the worst head coaches.

• One of, it not the worst offensive roster in the league between 2018-2020.

Sam had his own issues, which is why I’m happy we traded him and are moving on. But the majority of this was done by this joke franchise.

You would think we will learn from the mistakes but I see tons of mocks here where they want to repeat the original mistake and go defense with the rest of our top picks "because we have to fix CB and edge" instead of just fixing offense so Wilson can develop.

I will actively root for Sam next year. He deserved better. But basically once it was clear we were going to have a Top 3 pick, trading Sam and drafting a QB became an eventuality despite many people here wanting to deny it. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, QB1 said:

No I didn’t. Prescott is being paid because he performed at at elite level. Trubisky is not because he sucks. Where they were drafted is completely irrelevant

So you are critiquing a post you didn't bother to listen to on a wrong headed basis that was not mentioned nor was being argued. 

Thank you for your honesty......

7 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I really wish him nothing but the best. What this team did to him was absolutely criminal. Its a shame.

I don’t believe for one second that Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, or Josh Allen would be what they are if they were drafted here and went through the same experience. I believe Sam has the ability to be better than all of those guys.

He had a lot of bad luck here. He was subjected to some gross negligence here.  The obvious we all know. But think how BAD it was!

• GM who isn’t in the league and wasn’t ever considered for a GM job prior or after us.

• 2 OC’s not in the league anymore, 1 of them was out of the league for almost a decade prior.

• 2 of the worst head coaches.

• One of, it not the worst offensive roster in the league between 2018-2020.

Sam had his own issues, which is why I’m happy we traded him and are moving on. But the majority of this was done by this joke franchise.

I made a modification to one sentence but I'm with you 100%.

It's as if you had a professional golfer like Tiger Woods, handed him a hockey stick instead of a golf club and asked him to tee off during a hurricane.  Then you act surprised that the ball went 130 yards into the trees.  Your plan to fix the situation is to replace Tiger Woods with a hopefully better golfer.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

I wish him all the best.  Very sorry that our criminally incompetent management (drafting, FAs, and "Coaching") served him so poorly.  Hope he makes the playoffs.  I don't care if it cheapens the value of our draft picks.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

I sincerely wish him the best. I will probably have a soft spot for the panthers now! Also helps that I have family in charlotte who are die hard panther fans lol. Really hope it works out for him!

I don’t get this. To a point I understand he is a good guy and for that reason you wish him the best. But from just a jets fan point of view I hope he and the panthers are god awful next year. I’d rather the second round pick be around 38-40 then closer to 55-60 range. The way I see it next year I root for three teams. The jets, whomever is playing the Seahawks and whomever is playing the panthers. I can hope Sam does well in 2022 but certainly not this upcoming year. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, sec143dmf said:

I don’t get this. To a point I understand he is a good guy and for that reason you wish him the best. But from just a jets fan point of view I hope he and the panthers are god awful next year. I’d rather the second round pick be around 38-40 then closer to 55-60 range. The way I see it next year I root for three teams. The jets, whomever is playing the Seahawks and whomever is playing the panthers. I can hope Sam does well in 2022 but certainly not this upcoming year. 

Fair point, I just really like Sam. Dude seemed to be a great guy and wanted to be successful for this team. It's hard not to root for him going forward.