Zach Wilson Medical Check (April 8-10)

Durability: Focus on shoulder

Rich Cimini 

The labrum in Wilson's right shoulder was repaired during the 2019 offseason. At the time, Wilson said it had been bothering him since high school. One theory is it was the result of overthrowing. Because he wasn't highly recruited, Wilson felt compelled to accept as many throwing auditions as possible. He said the shoulder is fine. The league's medical check (April 8-10 in Indianapolis) will be critical.

Also, he's slightly undersized at 6-foot-2, 214 pounds, which might concern some pro teams.

Peter Schrager yesterday on why Darnold hadn't been traded yet:

"Zach Wilson will have an official medical review by doctors," Schrager said on Monday's "Good Morning Football." "They'll do the poking, they'll do the prodding, we will know, and it's by objective, completely non-conflicted NFL Draft combine doctors this week. If that comes out completely clean, and it's like, all right, this guy's good to go and he's 100-percent healthy, then I think that really loosens the Jets up a bit. And they can say, 'All right, now let's start thinking about trading Sam Darnold.'"

Wilson has dealt with hand and labrum injuries in his career, and though his height measured in at a bit bigger than some expected at the NFL Combine, analysts point to his slight frame as a potential caution flag. Schrager says that the situation is similar to that of the Cardinals and quarterback Kyler Murray, in that the team did not want to trade Josh Rosen until they were certain that Murray was healthy and "the guy."

Schrager also says that there's a possibility that Darnold could be kept until the NFL Draft, a la Rosen.

So why did the Jets trade Darnold before Zach Wilson's medical check? 

Are the Jets not allowed to hire a doctor in Utah and have Wilson go in for an xray? Or just fly the team doctor to Utah for a check up? The country is open. This whole officially medical check thing is bizarre to me. 

1 minute ago, QB1 said:

Are the Jets not allowed to hire a doctor in Utah and have Wilson go in for an xray? Or just fly the team doctor to Utah for a check up? The country is open. This whole officially medical check thing is bizarre to me. 

His shoulders are a huge concern to me. I think there's a possibility the Jets still draft Justin Fields. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

19 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

So why did the Jets trade Darnold before Zach Wilson's medical check? 

Hopefully because Fields, Mac Jones or Lance at the back half of the first 10 is the pick we're making.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I love how the majority of ppl who love Fields, often talk about how “they can get behind Wilson” yet we’re in no short supply of dicks like this guy on the other end of the spectrum. 

Hey dick, it has nothing to do with which QB I want. It simply has to do with the 100% clear writing on the wall that the Jets are drafting Wilson. Douglas and Saleh at the pro day, the 49ers trading to 3, Young saying that the Jets are commited. I don't understand what more evidence you want. It's obvious. 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

His shoulders are a huge concern to me. I think there's a possibility the Jets still draft Justin Fields. 

A labrum is not a big deal (I've had it) and he actually threw better after the surgery.

By the way, he looks like he's about 120 lbs in your avatar picture.  

3 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Hey dick, it has nothing to do with which QB I want. I has to do with the 100% clear writing on the wall that the Jets are drafting Wilson. Douglas and Saleh at the pro day, the 49ers trading to 3, Young saying that the Jets are commited. I don't understand what more evidence you want. It's obvious. 

Like you have a fcking what the writing says. Where’s your resume with years of QB coaching. Don’t gimme the “I have a right” to tell other posters they’re delusional.

Up until 48hrs before the draft, ppl said the same sh*t about Sam to CLE in 2018. So check your bullsh*t at the door. 

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I love how the majority of ppl who love Fields, often talk about how “they can get behind Wilson” yet we’re in no short supply of dicks like this guy on the other end of the spectrum. 

Once again, this has nothing to do with how people feel. Whether you like Wilson or Fields, it doesn't matter. We can't control sh*t. I'd love Fields too. I like both Wilson and Fields. But the pick is 100% going to be Wilson whether we like it or not. Liking someone has nothing to do with what the Jets are thinking.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Wouldn't this piss EVERYONE off if they trade down as well and start James Morgan!

Oh Yeah Baby GIFs | Tenor

Who is Morgan?  Oh, you mean that 4th round pick that didn't get one single snap on a 2-14 team?!  I will never understand why they couldn't sneak that kid in just for sh*ts and giggles.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Like you have a fcking what the writing says. Where’s your resume with years of QB coaching. Don’t gimme the “I have a right” to tell other posters they’re delusional.

Up until 48hrs before the draft, ppl said the same sh*t about Sam to CLE in 2018. So check your bullsh*t at the door. 

Completely different situations, other than the Browns owner chatting with Sam's parents there was nothing tangible to indicate that Darnold was the pick. My QB evaluation skills are irrelevant. Common sense of actual events makes it clear that Wilson is the Jets QB. Thinking Fields has a chance of being the pick is equivalent to thinking Trump can still win the election. Delusional. I have no problem with you making an argument that Fields will be the better player, but to think the pick isn't Wilson at this point is completely laughable.