Greekgiant negativity thread

It will be interesting to follow these guys throughout their career. These were four of the six guys Joe Douglas inherited with any value (two others being Quinnen Williams and Marcus Maye). 

JD got great value for Adams, zero value for Anderson, and traded Darnold and Williams for 10 cents on the dollar. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 11
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It will be interesting to follow these guys throughout their career. These were four of the six guys Joe Douglas inherited with any value (two others being Quinnen Williams and Marcus Maye).   

Are you his wife or something?

Thats pathetic.  Accurate and pathetic.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Mel Kiper says he’s better than Wilson. 

As good as we think Sam may be (I believe he will be an above average starter in Carolina), the fact is, with the tape he has produced so far, the Jets just would not be able to get more in a trade then they did

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

JD got great value for Adams, zero value for Anderson, and traded Darnold and Williams for 10 cents on the dollar. 

Lol,  10 cents on the dollar? Darnold was the worst starting QB in the league last year. What did you expect him to get? Leo finished his last 44 games as a Jet with 7.5 sacks Total? What did you expect him to get?

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

Mel Kiper says he’s better than Wilson. 

Mel Kiper bet his career on Jimmy Clausen being a Franchise QB

• Upvote 4

If Leo played remotely like he has with giants with the jets we would have retained him.

I blame Todd Bowles for his handling of that team and let the like of Mo Wilk and Shle rich influence williams.

Anderson was a mistake, Douglas acknowledged that.

Adams was a lovely royal fleecing for the most overrated player in the league.

The Darnold ship had sailed once they wanted the Qb who they take at #2, this last one has the most chance of blowing up.  Even then it is the right move for the Jets now

• Upvote 3
31 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Obviously we might whiff on the picks themselves, but the value that JD got for Adams is one of the most lopsided trades in history IMO. There are rumors of Adams possibly being traded during the draft. Would be epic,.

This would bring me such joy.

• Upvote 3
14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This would bring me such joy.

Seatlle has only 3 picks in the draft 56, 129 and 250. The total value of their pics is around the 51st pick. Not including 2, the Jets still have 5 times the draft capital than SEA. As it stand their team is actually set minus bottom of the roster changes. They are so screwed. And no 1 next year either. They could take a serious step back which is great for the Jets. Maybe the Wilson to Chicago trade rumors heat up again.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Leo and Anderson got traded cause they were due big money. were not ready for those contracts yet. 

did you see those contracts. Leo 3 yrs 63 mil. 45 mil guaranteed. and he had only a 1/2 sack the year we traded him.

now Anderson was much cheaper at 20 mil for 2 years.  

i think JD knew he had to tear us down and didn't want big contracts on a 2-14 team. if we were  a playoff team i think he keeps Anderson. but Leo, that's a lot of money for an DT

• Upvote 1

he got great value for each one of those guys. granted i would have preferred to get picks this year for Sam, he still managed to get a future 2nd AND 4th, in addition to this years 6th.  the panthers are probably the 3rd best team in the south - and if the falcons can turn it around with Arthur Smith at the helm, the panthers are looking at a 4th place finish - and good pick value for us.

i'm not upset about not resigning robby, was never a big fan.  he wasn't going to change the struggles of this team's offense.

7 hours ago, doitny said:

Leo and Anderson got traded cause they were due big money. were not ready for those contracts yet. 

did you see those contracts. Leo 3 yrs 63 mil. 45 mil guaranteed. and he had only a 1/2 sack the year we traded him.

now Anderson was much cheaper at 20 mil for 2 years.  

i think JD knew he had to tear us down and didn't want big contracts on a 2-14 team. if we were  a playoff team i think he keeps Anderson. but Leo, that's a lot of money for an DT

Anderson was not traded.

Douglas was offered a trade for Anderson and turned it down. He kept him and then didn't make him a market offer, and worst of all he underestimated the player's value based on his crappola numbers with Darnold (as did so many here who asserted RA was "at best a #3 WR"). Then he leaves in FA, immediately goes back to averaging 70ypg (again despite just a weak-armed, lower-half QB starter), and then Darnold gets even worse. 

At least Douglas acknowledges it was a mistake instead of foolishly denying the obvious. He needed to make Anderson an extension offer in the 2019 offseason, or at the latest by Oct 2019 when he was turning away draft picks for him, and if they couldn't reach an agreement on an amount then trade him and get something instead of nothing. A 1-6 team doesn't surrender a mid-round pick for a (then) lower-stat WR with an expiring contract, then make no serious efforts to extend the player before FA, doesn't tag him either (he wasn't worth tag money), and then lose him for nothing. 

It's not like Anderson was so omg irreplaceable, but that was just utter foolishness. 

• Upvote 4
7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Seatlle has only 3 picks in the draft 56, 129 and 250. The total value of their pics is around the 51st pick. Not including 2, the Jets still have 5 times the draft capital than SEA. As it stand their team is actually set minus bottom of the roster changes. They are so screwed. And no 1 next year either. They could take a serious step back which is great for the Jets. Maybe the Wilson to Chicago trade rumors heat up again.

The seahawks went to the playoffs 

The Jets won 2 games. 

Which team is screwed again? 

• Upvote 1
  • slats changed the title to Greekgiant negativity thread