Greekgiant negativity thread

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It will be interesting to follow these guys throughout their career. These were four of the six guys Joe Douglas inherited with any value (two others being Quinnen Williams and Marcus Maye).   

Are you his wife or something?

Thats pathetic.  Accurate and pathetic.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

coaching will not fix everything with this guy.  i think it's deplorable how much of a free pass darnold gets from the media.  was it chicago's coaching too, when trubisky sucked?

With the media giving him a pass, I guess we can call him Sleepy Sam

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 4/6/2021 at 10:40 AM, GreekJet said:

Bill Belichick said Darnold received great coaching 

I'm sure Belichick didn't have a personal agenda, or think he could trick the Johnson's into keeping Gase and his staff a few more seasons.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The seahawks went to the playoffs 

The Jets won 2 games. 

Which team is screwed again? 

I say the team with the disgruntled top 10 QB who wants to leave, no first round draft picks, a safety playing D line and the defense that gave up more passing  yards? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

can you coach away no pocket presence, not throwing the ball away and going out of bounds, no vision, taking terrible sacks etc. etc. etc..

if Joe Brady and Rhule do that then they are the best coaches ever

• Like 1

there's no doubt that darnold was drafted by the wrong team for his development but i suspect douglas and saleh saw something in darnold's play that made a move to wilson a lot more compelling.  and that's just the way it is.  good luck to darnold.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, rangerous said:

there's no doubt that darnold was drafted by the wrong team for his development but i suspect douglas and saleh saw something in darnold's play that made a move to wilson a lot more compelling.  and that's just the way it is.  good luck to darnold.

...or, it was cheaper to do a rookie contract than pay Sam money.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Alentador31 said:

I think this is so overblown. Was it a tough situation? Absolutely. I don't think anyone can honestly debate otherwise. However, as a man, as a supposed franchise QB, your growth is your own responsibility. If Gase wasn't cutting it, it's up to you to step up and figure it out or speak up. Either you're an Alpha leader or your not. Very few people can grow into that. 

Absolutely this. Being great at anything requires people working hard and working smart. How he can make such poor decisions and still have such poor mechanics three years in is squarely on Sam. Tough situation, but the kid lacks the drive to be great. Maybe he'll find it someday, could be a youthful thing, but he certainly didn't come here with that in him.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

coaching will not fix everything with this guy.  i think it's deplorable how much of a free pass darnold gets from the media.  was it chicago's coaching too, when trubisky sucked?

Only other teams' QBs can be busts. The Jets' failures are always the team singularly ruining these guys. #facts

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Only other teams' QBs can be busts. The Jets' failures are always the team singularly ruining these guys. #facts

Well Orlovsky played the position so he knows what he’s talking about. 

5 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

I think this is so overblown. Was it a tough situation? Absolutely. I don't think anyone can honestly debate otherwise. However, as a man, as a supposed franchise QB, your growth is your own responsibility. If Gase wasn't cutting it, it's up to you to step up and figure it out or speak up. Either you're an Alpha leader or your not. Very few people can grow into that. 

Lol. Coaching doesn't matter? Stop it. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He is not saying that.  Basically he is saying that Darnold was too much the company guy and wasn't enough of a "alpha", in the since that it didn't appear as he could LEAD or be a leader.   That is not normally something you can coach into someone.  

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

QBs switch teams and they’re the same qb.  Flacco, bridgewater.  Pennington, osweiler. 

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I never said it doesn't matter. All I'm saying is give me a qb that is willing to fight for his career instead of toeing the company line and playing nice.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh wow, so he must have correctly predicted every good and bad QB since forever, then. 

Former sucky QB says when a QB sucks it's not the QB's fault. Call 60 Minutes you've got a great story for them.

You know nothing about Dan Orlovksy. The guy built a career as a UConn QB because of his smarts and toughness. He knows his stuff. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh wow, so he must have correctly predicted every good and bad QB since forever, then. 

Former sucky QB says when a QB sucks it's not the QB's fault. Call 60 Minutes you've got a great story for them.

Victims stick together. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, GreekJet said:

You know nothing about Dan Orlovksy. The guy built a career as a UConn QB because of his smarts and toughness. He knows his stuff. 

He literally had to apologise for slandering Justin Fields last week.

I don’t care of he went to Harvard military school. He’s a f*cking clown.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

I never said it doesn't matter. All I'm saying is give me a qb that is willing to fight for his career instead of toeing the company line and playing nice.

How did he play nice exactly?  Wasn't it reported he went in and met with Gase to go over what works for him in this offense? Gase literally stated he failed Sam. What do you want him to do? 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He literally had to apologise for slandering Justin Fields last week.

I don’t care of he went to Harvard military school. He’s a f*cking clown.

Yea that’s incorrect. Dan is a great guy. Terrific father and husband and really good on TV. I had the pleasure of meeting him once and he was very kind. He’s a very respected analyst. 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Oh wow, UConn. I stand corrected.

I nearly forgot about his 5-TD performance against Murray State. 

• Haha 4