Some teams ascend some teams descend.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It will be interesting to follow these guys throughout their career. These were four of the six guys Joe Douglas inherited with any value (two others being Quinnen Williams and Marcus Maye).   

Are you his wife or something?

Thats pathetic.  Accurate and pathetic.

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, talonmm said:

I'm sure Belichick didn't have a personal agenda, or think he could trick the Johnson's into keep Gase and his staff a few more seasons.

Yup always a conspiracy against Darnold 😢

6 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

How did he play nice exactly?  Wasn't it reported he went in and met with Gase to go over what works for him in this offense? Gase literally stated he failed Sam. What do you want him to do? 

It's hard to say because I am not in the building. However, at the end of the day Darnold continued to make avoidable mistakes in year three. That is not on coaching. There are things that I believe if he had "it", he would have fixed himself. These are multimillion dollar athletes. You don't get a pass because of bad coaching. This is life. You adapt and figure it out. Maybe I am too harsh, but this is what I believe.

Gase had a ton of flaws. He couldn't draw up a play to save his life. But to give Darnold a pass even though he clearly left so many plays on the field is crazy. Everyone wants to look at Tannehill and think Darnold will have the same turnaround.  I'm not so sure. Will he play better? Yes, I think so. But is he going to light the NFL on fire and be a sure fire franchise QB for Carolina? I would not bet my money on it. 

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh wow, UConn. I stand corrected.

I nearly forgot about his 5-TD performance against Murray State. 

Well, not every QB can play legit powerhouses like Troy, North Alabama or Louisiana Tech.

• Haha 1

The team did him no favors with coaching or roster that is for sure. The same can be said for plenty of other QBs on this team in the past ten years. None of those QBs went on to other teams with better rosters and coaching to perform much better. Sanchez continued to throw bonehead interceptions and seemed to get worse with each team. Geno became a backup nobody is clamoring to let compete for a starting role. Boyd and Hackenburg made nothing of their other opportunities. 

Maybe Darnold goes on to look better with better coaching but unless he makes a huge leap forward all that proves is that good coaching can elevate a player from awful to bad not that the player was a diamond in the rough.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

...or, it was cheaper to do a rookie contract than pay Sam money.

i'm too much of a cynic to think salary didn't play into the decision.  but i also think if douglas/saleh/lafleur thought darnold was better than wilson they would've kept him.  another thing is this can still play out a different way.  the jets need a qb and maybe there's a vet in the works or douglas will trade back for one of the lesser regarded options.  not likely especially is wilson is checking all the boxes.

40 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh wow, UConn. I stand corrected.

I nearly forgot about his 5-TD performance against Murray State. 

or when he ran out of the end zone when he played for the lions.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

I mostly agree. I thought Bates did a decent job early on.  Gase ignored Sam on the sidelines

Whats funny is watching the NCAA tournament and seeing coaches being as engaged as they are, constantly communicating..and then there was Gase not moving on the sidelines with a mask virtually up to his eyeballs. I think Darnold is a backup, but the Jets were a bad situation too.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I say the team with the disgruntled top 10 QB who wants to leave, no first round draft picks, a safety playing D line and the defense that gave up more passing  yards? 

The seahawks have disgruntled stars 

The Jets have no stars 

56 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Some teams ascend some teams descend.

The nowhere to go but up argument

It's true the 4 win Jets will be 100 percent better than the 2 win Jets. #stats 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Which is hilarious until you realize this is a 2 win team 

I'd rather be 2-14 every time over 4-12, and I know how you feel about winning vs losing. If you are going to suck, suck bad to blow it all up and start over don't waddle in mediocrity forever.

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The nowhere to go but up argument

It's true the 4 win Jets will be 100 percent better than the 2 win Jets. #stats 

Seattle lost more than they kept or gained in free agency and will see no improvement from the draft. Wilson is unhappy and this might be his last season. They were pretty bad down the stretch. They have a safety that wants $20 million a year and is overall a liability to the defense, and unless he had an undisclosed injury last year, Wilson clearly lost a step and was nowhere near as elusive. Not saying that they will be 2-14 but they won't be as good as last year and their moves have crippled their ability to recover.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

You must have missed the “ back to the Jets” part 

At a steep discount in trade compensation, commensurate to what he actually brings to the table?  Still would bring me joy.  

"F**k you Jamal, you're stuck with these losers!!!"

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The seahawks have disgruntled stars 

The Jets have no stars 

Yeah and neither could defend the pass last year. Somebody on their defense looking to get paid too. 

• Upvote 3

Very True.  Can you imagine being a young promising QB and having Todd Bowles and Adam Gase as your head coaches 😂.  I would trust those two running a pee wee team let along help develop a top 3 Pick

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Icer said:

I'd rather be 2-14 every time over 4-12, and I know how you feel about winning vs losing. If you are going to suck, suck bad to blow it all up and start over don't waddle in mediocrity forever.

The downside to this approach is cultivating a roster of players that only know how to lose. Eventually they come to expect it 

You would think it should be easy to coach a qb to throw the ball away instead of running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage. But Sam did it multiple times. Even Geno corrected that mistake. Is it coaching that Sam was still throwing into triple coverage in year 3? Sam did not get good coaching but some blame must fall on his shoulders too. If he had played better he’d still be here because Jets would not have a top 5 pick this yr.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Mel Kiper says he’s better than Wilson. 

Then presumably you'd be able to get Wilson for a 2021 6th, a 2022 2nd, and a 2022 4th.

Wait, what's that? Nobody in the NFL gives a sh*t what Kiper thinks about anything?

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah and neither could defend the pass last year. Somebody on their defense looking to get paid too. 

The Jets did not improve their pass defense this offseason. Unless I missed something. 

The seahawks are a real program. The jets are a superfund site 

Just now, bitonti said:

The Jets did not improve their pass defense this offseason. Unless I missed something. 

You did miss something. Lawson improved our pass D.  It was a very nice move.  

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

I mostly agree. I thought Bates did a decent job early on.  Gase ignored Sam on the sidelines

Gase also ignored him on the field.  If you have ready any of my former posts about Gase and or Darnold, I wrote well over ten times that Gase's system was just about a perfect opposite to the system he should have developed for Darnold.  Gase was jamming square pets into round holes.  He was a horrible HC/OC

• Post of the Week 2

Yes, Darnold never received coaching before.. despite having played high school, college and in the NFL. He hires a personal coach who's also been hired Mahomes, Allen and several other QBs who have had success. 

...but nothing is ever Sam's fault. He's a good kid so obviously, it's everyone else's fault. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

yes you missed the signing of Carl Lawson

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Hopefully in the draft. Seahawks were a real program. They had a nice run. It ended when they traded for Jamal. 

• Upvote 1

There were no lies in the making of this video.

But I will add, as much Jeremy Bates sucked as an OC, he cleaned up Sam’s footwork and fumbling issues coming out of college.

His footwork regressed as soon as Bates was gone though.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Mel Kipers plan wasn't even to trade down it was to keep Darnold and take a tight end at 2.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There hasn’t been a peep from the Seahawks about extending him. It’s gonna get epic

BUT I WAS TOLD BY PAC THAT HIGHEST PAID SAFETY IN THE LEAGUE AND FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAMER

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

You did miss something. Lawson improved our pass D.  It was a very nice move.  

so a pass rusher can improve pass defense HMMM

Jamal Adams averaged a sack a game he is a pass rusher folks 

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hopefully in the draft. Seahawks were a real program. They had a nice run. It ended when they traded for Jamal. 

drafting a corner is like drafting a running back these guys have become interchangeable 

the seahawks made the playoffs last year it was a successful season 

Jets fans on the other hand pretended losses were wins  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, QB1 said:

isn't jordan palmer his personal QB coach? Same guy that coaches Allen

In the offseason.

I believe it was reported Palmer had some notes for Gase/Loggains for things for them to work with Sam but they ignored them

15 hours ago, GreekJet said:

And only you believe this is actually what he has said and think its relevant 

• Upvote 2