Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It will be interesting to follow these guys throughout their career. These were four of the six guys Joe Douglas inherited with any value (two others being Quinnen Williams and Marcus Maye).   

Are you his wife or something?

Thats pathetic.  Accurate and pathetic.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Caveat right up front:  We have a new Head Coach and a new Staff.  Prior failures by prior people are not their fault, nor do they have any responsibility for them.

-------

With that said, the Organization has a now-quite-long history of failing to develop well-regarded (when picked) QB's with lots of potential.

1. Sam Darnold, 2018, #1 (#3).  Bust.

2. Christian Hackenberg, 2016, #2 (#59).  Worst 2nd Round QB Pick in NFL history.

3. Geno Smith, 2013, #2 (#39).  Bust.

4. Mark Sanchez, 2009, #1 (#6).  Had some success on a very loaded team.  He himself never got better, never developed.

5. Kellen Clemens, 2006, #2 (#49).  Bust. 

That's just the "should become a starter" guys in Rounds 1 and 2.

Add in over the same period, Captain Morgan (4th 2020), Bryce Petty (4th 2015), Eric Ainge (5th, 2008).

In a little over a decade, that's 8 Drafted QB's, all of whom have failed to amount to much at all.

Even Chad Pennington, #1 (#18) was not great.  

Basically, we've had over 50 years, only what 4 QB's of any worth?  Namath, O'Brian, Todd, Pennington, maybe Sanchez?  And only one was a truly great QB (Namath, HOF).

So yes, having doubts about the ability of the Jets to draft the right guy and/or develop him, at the organization level, seems pretty warranted.

P.S. Sad that the third best QB the Jets ever drafted, Jeff Blake in the 6th! was better than everyone listed above.  Jetsy.

Should have stopped at your caveat. All the rest contradicts it. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets could go 15-1 and win the Super Bowl, yet King would then talk about how they blew that one loss and a chance for a perfect season.

How many total games did all of Mac's QB draft picks win?  Not many...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Caveat right up front:  We have a new Head Coach and a new Staff.  Prior failures by prior people are not their fault, nor do they have any responsibility for them.

-------

With that said, the Organization has a now-quite-long history of failing to develop well-regarded (when picked) QB's with lots of potential.

1. Sam Darnold, 2018, #1 (#3).  Bust.

2. Christian Hackenberg, 2016, #2 (#59).  Worst 2nd Round QB Pick in NFL history.

3. Geno Smith, 2013, #2 (#39).  Bust.

4. Mark Sanchez, 2009, #1 (#6).  Had some success on a very loaded team.  He himself never got better, never developed.

5. Kellen Clemens, 2006, #2 (#49).  Bust. 

That's just the "should become a starter" guys in Rounds 1 and 2.

Add in over the same period, Captain Morgan (4th 2020), Bryce Petty (4th 2015), Eric Ainge (5th, 2008).

In a little over a decade, that's 8 Drafted QB's, all of whom have failed to amount to much at all.

Even Chad Pennington, #1 (#18) was not great.  

Basically, we've had over 50 years, only what 4 QB's of any worth?  Namath, O'Brian, Todd, Pennington, maybe Sanchez?  And only one was a truly great QB (Namath, HOF).

So yes, having doubts about the ability of the Jets to draft the right guy and/or develop him, at the organization level, seems pretty warranted.

P.S. Sad that the third best QB the Jets ever drafted, Jeff Blake in the 6th! was better than everyone listed above.  Jetsy.

In fairness, hack, smith and clemens went elsewhere and still sucked. Every human on earth would agree they were terrible period and it had nothing to do with development. Chad was developed and was really good, just got hurt and couldn't throw past 10 yards. Sanchez led us to 2 AFC championship games despite being mediocre. The jets did everything possible to develop him by putting a great supporting cast around him.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Tidbit from his interview with moose and Maggie.

Said if he was a young QB he would want to go to Atlanta to learn under Matt Ryan and Arthur Blank. 
 

Says the Jets failed Sam Darnold and Joe Douglas no longer believed in him. 
 

 

ffcckkk this guy...he rips the Jets every chance he gets...this Jets staff has literally nothing other than Brant Boyer in common with the one Sam had...different HC, OC we have a QB coach completely new training staff...FFS

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a prediction, after round 1 of the draft, and the talking head's give out their grades, the Jet's who will have drafted the second rated QB and either a stud OL, RB, WR, or CB, will not receive an A mark from anyone.

 

You heard it here first

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

He's right up until this point so the Jets gotta prove him wrong. All good.

Honestly, this.

Nobody should have any confidence the Jets can develop a QB. They've never done it.

Is there reason to believe this regime would be different? I think so. But the Jets haven't earned the benefit of the doubt.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Tidbit from his interview with moose and Maggie.

Said if he was a young QB he would want to go to Atlanta to learn under Matt Ryan and Arthur Blank. 
 

Says the Jets failed Sam Darnold and Joe Douglas no longer believed in him. 
 

 

Man... you just scour the internet for every negative article on the Jets to post here... Is Big Blue Interactive that boring you have to be here?

Peter King HATES the Jets... He is a Patriot fan... moving on.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez, I didn't realize Walt Michaels, Bruce Coslett, Paul Hackett, Brian Schottenheimer,  and Rich Kotite were still in the building!! Well, looks like things that happened 5, 10, 20, 30, and even 40 years ago are still completely relevant and applicable to right now!

 

Sheesh. We have no chance.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, peebag said:

Name a QB that the Jets truly developed.

I got nothing.

Now name a QB that Saleh and LaFleur and company failed to deveop

I also got nothing

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Now name a QB that Saleh and LaFleur and company failed to deveop

I also got nothing

Yep, once again Jets failing a QB prospect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And this is totally stupid by King

Not one person who was around that failed in developing Sam.  No one told him that theres a new staff here?

Who has Arthur Blanc developed at QB?  For the Home Depot Raiders?  Or Matt Ryan for that matter

This is as dumb as it gets.

Thanks for the usual negative blurbs you heard somewhere

C'mon Nut, give King a break,  I think he meant Mel Blanc who HAS developed these two legends:

QB1! He's a leader! | Looney tunes characters, Cool cartoons, Looney tunesDaffy Duck | Daffy duck, Cool cartoons, Rabbit season

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll reserve judgment on this until after the draft.  I 'think' the new regime is much better than past ones.  If Douglas does not go VERY heavy into offense in this draft the same old standard might apply.  We shall see.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It seems like @Pac is on one of his very rare streaks of wrongness

Jamal will be  hall of famer.

I, along with a swath of fans , Robert Saleh, and media pundits thought running it back with Sam and trading down was the optimum move.

JD didn't.  I guess we'll see if it was right or wrong in time.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pac said:

Jamal will be  hall of famer.

Dude, that’s hilarious! 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bitonti said:

The seahawks went to the playoffs 

The Jets won 2 games. 

Which team is screwed again? 

So in your mind if we kept Adams the Jets would have been in the playoffs and the Seahawks would have missed out?  

Whats this even mean?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I'll reserve judgment on this until after the draft.  I 'think' the new regime is much better than past ones.  If Douglas does not go VERY heavy into offense in this draft the same old standard might apply.  We shall see.

I am in wait and see mode, but my guy tells me the Jets might have gotten the staff right this time. I cannot help but be super excited about Wilson I was the banging the table for him in December

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bitonti said:

so a pass rusher can improve pass defense HMMM

Jamal Adams averaged a sack a game he is a pass rusher

Lol! Looking forward to his $20M/year contract, and the floodgates that open for all the 220 lb. pass rushers also looking forward to getting paid. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So in your mind if we kept Adams the Jets would have been in the playoffs and the Seahawks would have missed out?  

Whats this even mean?

it means that 2 win, haven't seen the playoffs for 10 years Jets fans don't get to have schadenfraude over the 12-4 seahawks losing in the playoffs 

 

9 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol! Looking forward to his $20M/year contract, and the floodgates that open for all the 220 lb. pass rushers also looking forward to getting paid. 

he's going to get about 16 or 17 per and when those other guys get a sack a game they can ask for it too 

everyone blitzes D backs, Adams actually gets home 

he did it hurt last year, fwiw 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Getting eliminated one and done playoffs is a success? Someone might want to remind Russell Wilson. He wants to leave his team, but Tom Brady old ass wants to stay on couple more years in Tampa. It’s almost like one really won and the other one lost like all the other teams not in Tampa. 

12-4 is a success

Jets fans don't know what success looks like anymore 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Mel Kiper says he’s better than Wilson. 

Yeah because that mummy looking hairdo is a genius. 😂🤣. Taking what ever Kiper says as gospel is a joke.  That statement alone shows you don’t know what you are talking about.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GreekJet said:

It will be interesting to follow these guys throughout their career. These were four of the six guys Joe Douglas inherited with any value (two others being Quinnen Williams and Marcus Maye). 
 

JD got great value for Adams, zero value for Anderson, and traded Darnold and Williams for 10 cents on the dollar. 

Darnold for 10 cents on the dollar? What are you smoking? Just because the previous GM invested a lot into him, and it didn't pan out, doesn't mean that we should keep Darnold because of the sunk cost fallacy, and not get anything back by trading him. And damn, we got more than anyone thought we would. How people don't consider this an A+ trade is beyond me. A 2nd (probably high 2nd), a 4th, and a 6th for one of the worst starting QBs in the league, if not the worst.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he's going to get about 16 or 17 per and when those other guys get a sack a game they can ask for it too 

everyone blitzes D backs, Adams actually gets home 

he did it hurt last year, fwiw 

He’s the most overhyped player in the league, mostly because of all the work he puts in on social media, and if he were still on the Jets you’d agree.  
 
Is Seattle paying him that? Or who Seattle trades him to? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it means that 2 win, haven't seen the playoffs for 10 years Jets fans don't get to have schadenfraude over the 12-4 seahawks losing in the playoffs 

Actually the point was that JD got a haul from Seattle that was more than what Adams was worth 

The Seahawks missed the playoffs by one game before Adams, would have made the playoffs without him.  Their motivation was that Carroll believed he would be a difference maker and he wasnt.

Has nothing to do with the Jets making or not making the playoffs.  If the jets had made the playoffs then we would have been allowed to say two ones for Adams was a great deal?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Darnold for 10 cents on the dollar? What are you smoking? Just because the previous GM invested a lot into him, and it didn't pan out, doesn't mean that we should keep Darnold because of the sunk cost fallacy, and not get anything back by trading him. And damn, we got more than anyone thought we would. How people don't consider this an A+ trade is beyond me. A 2nd (probably high 2nd), a 4th, and a 6th for one of the worst starting QBs in the league, if not the worst.

100% correct. PCP63 gets it. Well said. So many on this sight are clueless.  Douglas has done a great job loading up on draft picks. That is half the job. Now we have to see what he does with them. How he got a 2,4 and 6 for Sam is shocking especially since it seems no one else was talking trade for Sam. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet Nut said:

Actually the point was that JD got a haul from Seattle that was more than what Adams was worth 

the haul from Seattle isn't an actual haul until they convert on the picks 

3 minutes ago, slats said:

He’s the most overhyped player in the league, mostly because of all the work he puts in on social media, and if he were still on the Jets you’d agree.  
 
Is Seattle paying him that? Or who Seattle trades him to? 

a dude that is top 10 in sacks deserves the hype 

meanwhile Marcus Maye is the most overhyped franchise player in the history of the franchise tag

2 ints, 2 sacks never scored a TD 

at least Adams makes big plays from time to time 

Maye started hot and spent 2nd half the season in the witness protection program 

 

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

meanwhile Marcus Maye is the most overhyped franchise player in the history of the franchise tag

2 ints, 2 sacks never scored a TD 

at least Adams makes big plays from time to time 

Maye started hot and spent 2nd half the season in the witness protection program 

When you’ve got nowhere else to go, whataboutism is always a comfortable refuge. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...