Greekgiant negativity thread

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It will be interesting to follow these guys throughout their career. These were four of the six guys Joe Douglas inherited with any value (two others being Quinnen Williams and Marcus Maye).   

Are you his wife or something?

Thats pathetic.  Accurate and pathetic.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Jamal will be  hall of famer.

You have to actually accomplish something other than winning popularity contests (I.E. Pro Bowl appearances) and acquiring twitter followers to do this.

Seattle already just learned a tough lesson:  If you make Adams a pure pass rusher, he gets injured.  A lot.  Put him in any other role and he struggles.  Hence why they're dragging their feet on what to do with him long-term.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

What if, and hear me out here, Robert Saleh was saying all the right things about the QB currently on the roster?

Reports indicate his inclination was to keep Sam and had to be talked into Wilson.

Believe what you'd like..  they all thought sam sucked which is why they waited so long which likely impacted their return.  Makes sense.  To no one.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Reports indicate his inclination was to keep Sam and had to be talked into Wilson.

Believe what you'd like..  they all thought sam sucked which is why they waited so long which likely impacted their return.  Makes sense.  To no one.

I believe that the circle of people who would know this is incredibly small, so I struggle to believe there are any genuine reports here.

I also believe that this was probably a huge portion of the conversation in the interview process - I mean, wouldn't it have to be? And I struggle to believe that Douglas would have hired someone with the opposite view as him on the first, and most significant decision the organization has made in a long time.

Also, neither you or I know why the trade happened when it did.  Maybe it happened when Carolina realized they were out of other options, as QBs are going top 3 after the SF trade.  Maybe there wasn't really the market Darnold stans want to believe there was.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Just take the L

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, slats said:

When you’ve got nowhere else to go, whataboutism is always a comfortable refuge. 

the original point still stands -  the Jets bottomed out the Seahawks won 12 games why is this trade such a success again?  because of the cap flexibility? 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

the original point still stands -  the Jets bottomed out the Seahawks won 12 games why is this trade such a success again?  because of the cap flexibility? 

No because he is over rated and not worth the money he wants and Douglas got 2 firsts for him. He wasn’t going to help us be a playoff team and Seattle won because of offense. Jamal and the rest of the defense was brutal. He didn’t help them win 12 games. If you can’t see this you are clueless. 

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the haul from Seattle isn't an actual haul until they convert on the picks 

The trade is the trade and the return was a haul.

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, Pac said:

Reports indicate his inclination was to keep Sam and had to be talked into Wilson

Find that report, one with an actual quote or something close to it

Saying he was fine with keeping Sam and using the 2nd for an additional player or players doesnt say he needed to be talked into anyone

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
16 hours ago, bitonti said:

Because the Jets will get two players in the 1st round and not have to deal with an annoying player who threw his HC, GM and owner under the bus because he wanted big $$$

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, bitonti said:

so a pass rusher can improve pass defense HMMM

Jamal Adams averaged a sack a game he is a pass rusher folks 

drafting a corner is like drafting a running back these guys have become interchangeable 

the seahawks made the playoffs last year it was a successful season 

Jets fans on the other hand pretended losses were wins  

Yes and we got two picks for Adams, signed a pass rusher in FA and can pick up a CB in the first for Adams.  

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You do realize the Jets got nothing but a stop-gap safety for him last year. This year, they get first and third round picks, with another first coming next year. JD crushed that trade. There's no other way to view it. I'm really hoping Seattle trades him before paying him, too, if they can. He's not worth what you or he think he is. 

• Upvote 4
31 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Clearly because the trade benefits the Seahawks in the short term (2020) and the Jets in the long term.

Obviously a trade featuring 2021 and 2022 draft picks isn't going to benefit the Jets in 2020.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Caveat right up front:  We have a new Head Coach and a new Staff.  Prior failures by prior people are not their fault, nor do they have any responsibility for them.

-------

With that said, the Organization has a now-quite-long history of failing to develop well-regarded (when picked) QB's with lots of potential.

1. Sam Darnold, 2018, #1 (#3).  Bust.

2. Christian Hackenberg, 2016, #2 (#59).  Worst 2nd Round QB Pick in NFL history.

3. Geno Smith, 2013, #2 (#39).  Bust.

4. Mark Sanchez, 2009, #1 (#6).  Had some success on a very loaded team.  He himself never got better, never developed.

5. Kellen Clemens, 2006, #2 (#49).  Bust. 

That's just the "should become a starter" guys in Rounds 1 and 2.

Add in over the same period, Captain Morgan (4th 2020), Bryce Petty (4th 2015), Eric Ainge (5th, 2008).

In a little over a decade, that's 8 Drafted QB's, all of whom have failed to amount to much at all.

Even Chad Pennington, #1 (#18) was not great.  

Basically, we've had over 50 years, only what 4 QB's of any worth?  Namath, O'Brian, Todd, Pennington, maybe Sanchez?  And only one was a truly great QB (Namath, HOF).

So yes, having doubts about the ability of the Jets to draft the right guy and/or develop him, at the organization level, seems pretty warranted.

P.S. Sad that the third best QB the Jets ever drafted, Jeff Blake in the 6th! was better than everyone listed above.  Jetsy.

Maybe a tad simplistic but it comes down to the Jets as an organization prioritizing defense over offense more than any team in the NFL. Even in the year we drafted Darnold we went defense 3 of 4 next picks.

We have had a steam of defensive minded HCs that seemed to want to win every game 13-9.  The sole blip in the last 20 years was taking Brick and Mangold that one year and that was at the core of the success of our RR teams.

I mean every year in the draft, defense defense defense. Our FA signings were mostly defense. 

We basically ignored the offensive side of the ball for 20 years.

Then when we decide to address it we choose the worst possible offensive guy, a guy so bad that even a cursory google search of his career would indicate that the only reason his offense was good was Manning.

Little fearful of a defensive head coach again and repeating the mistakes, but the power structure is better, and I think Saleh is more of a CEO type HC. Let's face it- there is NO mystery about Pick 2 but the rest of our draft should be really interesting.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, bitonti said:

12-4 is a success

Jets fans don't know what success looks like anymore 

I agree as a Jet fan I have no idea what success looks like, but iI do know it doesn’t look like your franchise QB wanting to leave after the season. I’m sure it doesn’t look like that. Unless of course he’s retiring a winner like Elway. Reason? They won nothing, just part of the 31 group of losers every year. 

• Upvote 3
13 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I agree as a Jet fan I have no idea what success looks like, but iI do know it doesn’t look like your franchise QB wanting to leave after the season. I’m sure it doesn’t look like that. Unless of course he’s retiring a winner like Elway. Reason? They won nothing, just part of the 31 group of losers every year. 

Meanwhile Everybody on the Jets wants to leave, every season 

15 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Clearly because the trade benefits the Seahawks in the short term (2020) and the Jets in the long term.

Obviously a trade featuring 2021 and 2022 draft picks isn't going to benefit the Jets in 2020.

Look at the late 1 picks the seahawks made recently. Those picks turned out to be terrible players. Jd might do better, he might not. Either way now is not the time to celebrate 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Meanwhile Everybody on the Jets wants to leave, every season 

Exactly! Jets are the worst franchise in the league. Players for good reason can’t leave quick enough. But real successful franchises like the Patriots until last year players take less money to stay. Seahawks are on their way down, especially after they have to pay Adams to help their pass defense to stay exactly where they are. Russell Wilson sees the writing on the wall. “ Abandon Ship” 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Look at the late 1 picks the seahawks made recently. Those picks turned out to be terrible players. Jd might do better, he might not. Either way now is not the time to celebrate 

Lol, Seattle drafted bad so those picks are trash. Got it. 

• Upvote 2
16 hours ago, bitonti said:

It’s a success because of the value.. somehow the Jets got two  first round picks for a F’in safety.

Adams is a very good player but the position he plays and the way he plays really doesn’t move the needle on wins and losses..

The first half of the year when Adams was flying all over the field the Seahawks D was still on pace to be a historically bad D..

1 hour ago, RogerVick1980 said:

It’s a success because of the value.. somehow the Jets got two  first round picks for a F’in safety.

Adams is a very good player but the position he plays and the way he plays really doesn’t move the needle on wins and losses.

This trade cannot be accurately evaluated until jd either hits on the picks or doesn't 

We don't remember this, because we've picked top 15 forever but late Rd 1 picks are not automatic 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

This trade cannot be accurately evaluated until jd either hits on the picks or doesn't 

We don't remember this, because we've picked top 15 forever but late Rd 1 picks are not automatic 

False.  Draft capital are assets.  You 100 % can evaluate the trade before a single pick gets made.  

Put it this way:  If the Jets miss on their picks, think Seattle or their fans will be any happier about not having those assets?  Of course not.  

I get that you think draft picks don't mean much anymore because you constantly are getting it wrong with your evaluations of prospects, but that really isn't the case.  1st round picks are highly important, no matter how often teams get it wrong.  The potential to find an impact player on a cheap 5-year deal gives those picks enormous value.

Jamal Adams sucks and so do your takes.  

• Haha 1