Examples of Zach Wilson pocket pressure & reaction breakdown

12 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

How legit was Coastal Carolina?  Do they have any big prospects in the draft or future drafts?

Tarron Jackson their edge will probably be a day 3 pick, but he’s a bit of an Edge/IDL tweener. He had a nice game that night with multiple pressures. Otherwise, they had a good game plan and followed it. Again, BYU had less than 2 days to prepare.

I know everyone that is against Zach Wilson’s selection will point at that game but the game wasn’t nearly as bad as you’d think. The kid didn’t have that bad a game for one thing. For another, his WR had a tough night.

1 hour ago, RVAJet815 said:

Tarron Jackson their edge will probably be a day 3 pick, but he’s a bit of an Edge/IDL tweener. He had a nice game that night with multiple pressures. Otherwise, they had a good game plan and followed it. Again, BYU had less than 2 days to prepare.

I know everyone that is against Zach Wilson’s selection will point at that game but the game wasn’t nearly as bad as you’d think. The kid didn’t have that bad a game for one thing. For another, his WR had a tough night.

The growing fear and paranoia over the possibility of a Wilson pick for QB...as we get closer to draft day is hilarious.  JD-Saleh and the rest of the Brain Trust have staked their reputations on the Darnold trade and possible commitment to Wilson. 

Us Jets fans are use to failure.  So what can possibly go wrong that's different to what we're used too?  Success...Scary huh?

I'm just gonna enjoy the ride and let it play out.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

The growing fear and paranoia over the possibility of a Wilson pick for QB...as we get closer to draft day is hilarious.  JD-Saleh and the rest of the Brain Trust have staked their reputations on the Darnold trade and possible commitment to Wilson. 

Us Jets fans are use to failure.  So what can possibly go wrong that's different to what we're used too?  Success...Scary huh?

I'm just gonna enjoy the ride and let it play out.

You’re right...based on precedent, one could just assume most buttons this franchise presses are wrong and probably be right more often than not. That said. Seems like a large segment of our fanbase just hangs in with this team simply to complain and be negative. I don’t get it. We have enough garbage in the world that I don’t need to find more, but whatever. I’m rooting for JD and Saleh to get it right, and I’m hoping Wilson is finally the guy. Not much other choice at this point. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 4/8/2021 at 12:04 PM, rillo said:

I've seen the same 3-4 videos of his highlights. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it. 

I see this as a total bust. Yikes.

Then go watch the full games.  They're all there.  You'll see a very good young QB will all of the skills necessary to be a top NFL QB.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Then go watch the full games.  They're all there.  You'll see a very good young QB will all of the skills necessary to be a top NFL QB.

I don’t disagree with that. I just don’t think the Jets can give him the support he needs. Our O line isn’t going to be able to protect him enough, hopefully the zone  blocking allows the running room to at least bring the defense up a bit. I’d feel better about it if we had one of those true go get the ball pass catchers that could bail the kid out when he’s in trouble. Like Pitts, arguably the reason people are even talking about Trask, somebody he can launch the ball in his general direction and good chance it gets caught. Kid does have exceptional ball placement. Mims has some of those characteristics but just not sure it’s enough. I actually like Zach Wilson better as an NFL prospect than I do Zach Wilson as a prospect for the Jets. I guess we will see. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

I agree.  I watched the full game last night.  He was under duress, and that did lead to inaccurate passes, but not turnover worthy.  The offense was run heavy,  and there was a surprising amount of QB designed runs on 3rd down.  He had a better 2nd half when they opened up the passing game more

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I agree.  I watched the full game last night.  He was under duress, and that did lead to inaccurate passes, but not turnover worthy.  The offense was run heavy,  and there was a surprising amount of QB designed runs on 3rd down.  He had a better 2nd half when they opened up the passing game more

How about that last drive by BYU. Wilson pushed them from one side of the field to the other in 30-ish seconds. It was an impressive final drive. Just couldn’t get over the line.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...