Dear New York Jets Administration,

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Take note: All the guys that got fired over the last few years, from GMs to multiple Head Coaches and staffs, they all got fired for basically the same reason... Failing to support the young Franchise Quarterback (You know, the guy you just traded away for about half the amount it cost the team to draft him...).

So IF you DO draft Zach Wilson or any of the other young Quarterbacks in the draft, if someone in the room suggests drafting Defense at 23 or 34 throw him out of the F***ing War Room!!

Support the QB!! And if we hired yet ANOTHER Defense Minded Head Coach that needs first rounders at every position for his Defense to "succeed", you hired the wrong guy.

Again. 

P.S.   Stronger letter to follow.?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Correct,

For me....O line at 23....playmaker at 34 (toney, Moore, Marshall, one of the RB)...2 cornerbacks and another O Line between the 3rd and 4th round.

Look at upgrading Edge, TE, LB in 2022

Either way, the board should dictate the 23rd and 34th, as long as theyre both offense.  But really we have a lot of picks in what should be a deep draft 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Either way, the board should dictate the 23rd and 34th, as long as theyre both offense.

Fair enough, I know even from doing drafts myself it's hard to turn down a top rated corner or Edge when they are still there late first or early second.

I have a feeling Joe will trust himself to much to he able to find diamonds in the rough o line players later in the draft and we have no proof he can do that yet.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Fair enough, I know even from doing drafts myself it's hard to turn down a top rated corner or Edge when they are still there late first or early second.

I have a feeling Joe will trust himself to much to he able to find diamonds in the rough o line players later in the draft and we have no proof he can do that yet.

We have to get help at OL, WR, TE & CB.  

I wont get twisted if the CB is at 23 and OL at 34 if thats the way the board plays out

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Take note: All the guys that got fired over the last few years, from GMs to multiple Head Coaches and staffs, they all got fired for basically the same reason... Failing to support the young Franchise Quarterback (You know, the guy you just traded away for about half the amount it cost the team to draft him...).

So IF you DO draft Zach Wilson or any of the other young Quarterbacks in the draft, if someone in the room suggests drafting Defense at 23 or 34 throw him out of the F***ing War Room!!

Support the QB!! And if we hired yet ANOTHER Defense Minded Head Coach that needs first rounders at every position for his Defense to "succeed", you hired the wrong guy.

Again. 

Agreed. My only concern is that there should be a couple of really solid CB prospects available at 23 that will tempt us into going that direction because we REALLY need help at CB. But you are right, it would be a mistake to do anything but draft offense at 23 and 34..... and probably 66. Let Saleh work his magic on the defensive side of the ball. 

• Upvote 3

Again. 

So... you are saying we shouldn't draft Kyle Wilson but draft Ron Gronkowski?   God we suck!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We have to get help at OL, WR, TE & CB.  

I wont get twisted if the CB is at 23 and OL at 34 if thats the way the board plays out

I won't be happy either but it would be understandable given the likely talent available at 23 and our serious need. 

Guys like Samuel/Farley/Newsome could easily fall to us and with Farley I could definitely see JD looking at him as a long term stud and not as concerned about his availability week 1. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Not to overstate the obvious but it also benefits a young QB not to have to throw 50 times because his defense stinks.  See Burrow, Joe as a recent reference... 

yup, which is why we aren’t running the team. Hopefully there is a plan to build a TEAM over the next few years. Sure, some years defense is better and vice versa, but there needs to be a balance. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Not to overstate the obvious but it also benefits a young QB not to have to throw 50 times because his defense stinks.  See Burrow, Joe as a recent reference... 

Best way to keep that from happening is fielding an above average O line that you can run behind while protecting the QB... see; Burrow, Joe Cincinnati Bengals Quarterback,  2020

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Wit said:

yup, which is why we aren’t running the team. Hopefully there is a plan to build a TEAM over the next few years. Sure, some years defense is better and vice versa, but there needs to be a balance. 

I don't know of you're new around here, but the Jets have been "addressing the defense" in every draft pretty much since 2002 or so.  ? 

They just had to trade a 3rd overall pick because some a$$hole thought stocking up on Defensive Tackles and Safeties was a good way to support a young QB. 

Anyone looking for an edge rusher or Corner at 23 after drafting ANOTHER QB at the top of the draft just wants to watch the world burn.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know of you're new around here, but the Jets have been "addressing the defense" in every draft pretty much since 2002 or so.  ? 

They just had to trade a 3rd overall pick because some a$$hole thought stocking up on Defensive Tackles and Safeties was a good way to support a young QB. 

Anyone looking for an edge rusher or Corner at 23 after drafting ANOTHER QB at the top of the draft just wants to watch the world burn.  

I would love for them to “only” draft O line this year. However, if someone slides down that is a can’t miss I can’t fault them for it. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Nah.

What helps the young QB is having a good OL and weapons around him.

14 hours ago, varjet said:

Offense will always be drafted first.  
That will mean there will be very high defense value at 23. 
I can see the CB there at 23, or edge.  I think Saleh gets one.  34 and 66 need to be OL. 

And we always have to be sucker team that had the best player fall to them - The defensive player that has great value that we can't pass up..,.

So while every other team is building an explosive offense - we're stuck in the 1990's - good at stopping the run.

NO - we should take the best offensive player on the board in the first 3 rounds this year.  Support the young QB and develop him properly.

On 4/6/2021 at 2:59 PM, JetPotato said:

You are writing this to the Johnson Brothers? Why are you assuming they can read?

saw this  ?  ~ ~ 

V

“I think people are going to look back 20 years from now and say that this is the moment the Jets shifted into a new gear and became a great team.”

—Jets vice chairman Christopher Johnson, following the drafting of Sam Darnold in 2018, per Steve Serby of the New York Post.

Jets: 13-35 since that quote.

NFL offensive ranking, by season, since that quote: 29, 32, 32.

Darnold: now a Panther.

>    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/11/20-qb-decisions-nfl-draft-fmia-peter-king/

• Upvote 1

And we always have to be sucker team that had the best player fall to them - The defensive player that has great value that we can't pass up..,.
So while every other team is building an explosive offense - we're stuck in the 1990's - good at stopping the run.
NO - we should take the best offensive player on the board in the first 3 rounds this year.  Support the young QB and develop him properly.
OL at 23 then BAP from there on. (At any position of need ... of which there are many)

... this is the way ...

... I have spoken...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

On 4/6/2021 at 7:51 PM, varjet said:

Offense will always be drafted first.  
That will mean there will be very high defense value at 23. 
I can see the CB there at 23, or edge.  I think Saleh gets one.  34 and 66 need to be OL. 

Too many singular minded people on this board... They won't agree with you... Edge makes a lot of sense here because of they value at OL, WR, rb and cb later in the draft