Dear New York Jets Administration,

There are still CB’s available in FA. 
Taking anything but offense would be absurd.  
You’re not reaching at 23 for offense.  It’s not like the next 3 picks will all be defense.  One of the next two picks will almost certainly be offense after the Jets.  You take the best offensive player available and that should be an absolute no brainer!

There is a good chance that the best offensive player available is a running back. I could see a run on linemen before we pick at twenty three leaving a big gap in talent between offensive players left and defensive players left if that is the case the only no brainer would be to move down or draft the defensive player who has more of a chance of making an impact on the field.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

On 4/6/2021 at 11:37 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Take note: All the guys that got fired over the last few years, from GMs to multiple Head Coaches and staffs, they all got fired for basically the same reason... Failing to support the young Franchise Quarterback (You know, the guy you just traded away for about half the amount it cost the team to draft him...).

So IF you DO draft Zach Wilson or any of the other young Quarterbacks in the draft, if someone in the room suggests drafting Defense at 23 or 34 throw him out of the F***ing War Room!!

Support the QB!! And if we hired yet ANOTHER Defense Minded Head Coach that needs first rounders at every position for his Defense to "succeed", you hired the wrong guy.

Again. 

I guess you needed to create this in order to draw attention to yourself. Problem solved.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

There is a good chance that the best offensive player available is a running back. I could see a run on linemen before we pick at twenty three leaving a big gap in talent between offensive players left and defensive players left if that is the case the only no brainer would be to move down or draft the defensive player who has more of a chance of making an impact on the field.

Trade down and take Offense...great.

Etienne or Harris wouldn't exactly be an awful outcome.  I, for one, would be ecstatic if we took either one of them at 23. 

What a great way to alleviate pressure on a young QB - get him a go to RB that scares defenses.

Either one of those would be far, far more beneficial to the long term interest of this team than any CB could possibly be...

Take note: All the guys that got fired over the last few years, from GMs to multiple Head Coaches and staffs, they all got fired for basically the same reason... Failing to support the young Franchise Quarterback (You know, the guy you just traded away for about half the amount it cost the team to draft him...).

So IF you DO draft Zach Wilson or any of the other young Quarterbacks in the draft, if someone in the room suggests drafting Defense at 23 or 34 throw him out of the F***ing War Room!!
Support the QB!! And if we hired yet ANOTHER Defense Minded Head Coach that needs first rounders at every position for his Defense to "succeed", you hired the wrong guy.
Again. 

I disagree that Joe MUST draft offense at 23 or 34 but I do very much believe he must give Zach a good supporting cast.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

29 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Nelson at the time was thought to be a reach he proved everyone wrong sherff played left tackle in college and had to settle at guard in the nfl. How many playoff games has either helped their teams get to? I am not saying guard isn't an important position it is but it is much easier to find a serviceable guard in the later rounds than a serviceable cb or edge rusher.

Ask Sam Darnold how easy it is to play behind afterthoughts at Guard...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I disagree that Joe MUST draft offense at 23 or 34 but I do very much believe he must give Zach a good supporting cast.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

Well, since he barely upgraded the worst offense in the league in FA...

How do you suppose he "give Zach a good supporting cast" without using our premium draft picks to do so?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s a dogmatic approach that forgoes situational awareness.  
the only thing that matters,I mean this literally, is developing Zach Wilson.  
Nothing else is relevant.  
Ive said this many time and stand by it.  Before using any premium resource (high draft picks or large free agency contract) JD should ask himself one question and one questions only (for the next two years)

“Is this the best thing we can do to help Zach Wilson”

If the answer is no, then don’t do it!

OK, one more time. Teven Jenkins is gone by the 23rd.  Youre going to dip into 2nd round OL and avoid one of the top CBs and this makes sense?  Taking 2nd round OL talent in the first, passing by a first round CB doesnt make sense.  

Yes, Wilson will benefit from a defense that doesnt force him to score points and to gain field position

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

****. The. Defense.

They're good enough to compete.

QB Is EVERYTHING in today's NFL.

That sounds good but you've completely avoided the problem with what do you do if all the 1st round players for the offense are gone and the 1st round defense help to CB etc is sitting there?  Pick a 2nd round WR or OL?  Just take an offensive player for the hell of it

You'll be severely disappointed, JDs not just going to take a 2nd round OL for the hell of it

55 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

OK, one more time. Teven Jenkins is gone by the 23rd.  Youre going to dip into 2nd round OL and avoid one of the top CBs and this makes sense?  Taking 2nd round OL talent in the first, passing by a first round CB doesnt make sense.  

Yes, Wilson will benefit from a defense that doesnt force him to score points and to gain field position

We're just going to have to simply disagree on this.  I understand your position and what you're saying.  I just couldn't disagree more.

I see no scenario - literally - in which taking defense at 23 or 34 makes any sense..

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

We're just going to have to simply disagree on this.  I understand your position and what you're saying.  I just couldn't disagree more.

I see no scenario - literally - in which taking defense at 23 or 34 makes any sense..

This will be the third time, who do you want at 23 for the OL if Teven is taken?  No RB at 23 so who?

Youre literally just saying if he doesnt pick an offensive player he will be fired.  

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This will be the third time, who do you want at 23 for the OL if Teven is taken?  No RB at 23 so who?

Youre literally just saying if he doesnt pick an offensive player he will be fired.  

And I'll answer again.  The top offensive player on their board - I don't have their draft board in front of me, I don't know how the draft will fall and and to be completely honest, I really don't care who it is.  The BOPA should be the pick- it really is that simple.

I can't make this any clearer than I have.  Taking defense at 23 or 34 would show a complete lack of situational awareness and should be a fireable offense.  I wasn't kidding when I said if he takes a QB a 2 and then drafts defense at 23 that should be the last pick he makes as GM of the Jets.

If those CB's are such great value that the Jets can't possibly pass on one - Trade down value must be tremendous with teams banging down our door to move up.  Trade it for a haul and then load up on more offense with all the extra picks.

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

And I'll answer again.  The top offensive player on their board - I don't have their draft board in front of me, I don't know how the draft will fall and and to be completely honest, I really don't care who it is.  The BOPA should be the pick- it really is that simple.

I can't make this any clearer than I have.  Taking defense at 23 or 34 would show a complete lack of situational awareness and should be a fireable offense.  I wasn't kidding when I said if he takes a QB a 2 and then drafts defense at 23 that should be the last pick he makes as GM of the Jets.

If those CB's are such great value that the Jets can't possibly pass on one - Trade down value must be tremendous with teams banging down our door to move up.  Trade it for a haul and then load up on more offense with all the extra picks.

And youre dead wrong if all the 1st round talent is gone.  Especially with the high pick with have in the 2nd.

Are you seriously saying if one of the top rated, 1st round say CB is sitting there you'd pick a 2nd round OL or whoever?  Thats your way of stockpiling talent?